• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Nice flash, I bet the transition tweens took forever to look right.
It wasn't too bad, it was just a matter of picking up all those little details that no one should ever notice lol. I remember I was really proud of the way the menu titles transitioned, mmm the magic of goToAndPlay... I also wanted to put more detail in the background (there's actually a lot of stuff going on in Melee's menus) but it lagged my computer too much haha

Massive

Smash Champion
It wasn't too bad, it was just a matter of picking up all those little details that no one should ever notice lol. I remember I was really proud of the way the menu titles transitioned, mmm the magic of goToAndPlay... I also wanted to put more detail in the background (there's actually a lot of stuff going on in Melee's menus) but it lagged my computer too much haha
Flash isn't exactly a high performance front for graphics... that's why Adobe AIR and MS Silverlight exist, actually.

Truth-be-told you can do all of this in HTML5 now too, and it would let you make it as complicated as you wanted. Most modern browsers let HTML5 have access directly to video memory so the Flash-style slowdowns don't occur at all.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Anyone know if Darkrain is going to Event-52?
He gave a solid "no", but that's only because Jace asked him and Jace is horrible at persuading people and explaining things

Also...BDUBS this weekend??? I have almost no money left to last me the semester, so I might as well spend it on bro time...

Jace08

Smash Lord
pretty sure he let me get 4-5 words out in my sentence before brutally rejecting it lol

He gave a solid "no", but that's only because Jace asked him and Jace is horrible at persuading people and explaining things
so this is either unfair to say or more true than I thought ><

D

Deleted member

looks hype, and my guess is aang in that flash back form is going to help the new avatar learn air bending some how lol.

dmac

Smash Champion
ay yo arkive or anyone that reads other fighting game forums, has the pound 5 money debacle spilled over there yet?

Massive

Smash Champion
That whole thread is brawl players acting like infants.
The entitlement of those dudes is pretty disgusting; it might just be the midwest in me, but suing anyone for anything that you can talk out is the hallmark of a coward.

Brawl players are what's wrong with America.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i know it was a joke but there's plenty more wrong than just brawl chars haha

D

Deleted member

i havent seen anything about it, but i wouldn't hold it past brawl ***s

MIRITE??

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
It's not something they can really talk out though, is it? I mean Plank already said he doesn't have money to pay the winners, right? It was a huge mistake on his part, and maybe he should have to get a loan or something to pay the prizes. It was his mistake that caused the problem, and no matter if he thinks it or not, the prize money belonged to the winners, not Plank to use towards the venue.

Massive

Smash Champion
This isn't the place to start this crap up in again.
I'd love (really love) to retort, but I'd rather the KC thread remain a bastion of awesome if possible.

only1Z

Smash Champion
L o l. I love misfortune. Internet, how I miss you for your mass of ill favored media. Might as well become an adult Honda, if you can't manage to balance your life yet. Just move on~

Echo

Smash Champion
What up KC people... hope all is well. When's a good time to come game? :grin:

Jace, I wanted to apologize to you for being an ******* at SMYM11. When you were asking me if I wanted to enter doubles with you, I was being an emo ***** atm, it was nothing personal. Maybe if I can get decent at smash again we can rampage a tourney some time.

Echo

Smash Champion
True. and it was like a year ago but for some reason it just popped in my head.

Jace08

Smash Lord
heh don't worry about it man I didn't take it personally I was just confused. Nothin to apologize for. and yeah we should definitely do another NE vs KC tourney again sometime soon, it'll be fun

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
So if you haven't seen our tourney thread lately, apparently M2K wants to go. NBD though

dmac

Smash Champion
well... only if someone will pay for his travel and house him....

but it'd be good if someone would do that and it'd get more oos interest for both games

whos gonna do that though? everyone who plays melee here is broke :(

Echo

Smash Champion
If you guys really wanted to make it happen, maybe we could have a tourney together to get some money going to help him or something? Who knows, maybe a brawl person will step up.

DeLux

I will definitely pick him up and house him if needed. But I can't afford to fly him.

dmac

Smash Champion
whatever we'd spend, he'd make it back up on both games singles and probably doubles, i wonder if he'd reimburse people hah

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
get me an estimate on flight tickets for m2k and i'll see if i can do anything

Dnyce

Smash Master
well... only if someone will pay for his travel and house him....

but it'd be good if someone would do that and it'd get more oos interest for both games

whos gonna do that though? everyone who plays melee here is broke :(
I recall you guys did small tournaments to help raise money for a bonus pot for the last event-52. Perhaps both the melee and brawl people could do something similar?

I would like m2k to come, despite it messing up my circuit. lol.
get me an estimate on flight tickets for m2k and i'll see if i can do anything
I depends if he is flying from GA or NJ, but probably $200. I just quickly checked, I didn't search for deals or anything though. It's ****in late, haha.

DeLux

Let me know if you can house Melee players/if you think OoS melee players are going to come. Brawl scratched together housing for 18. I'm sure melee can beat us in that regard :)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Let me know if you can house Melee players/if you think OoS melee players are going to come. Brawl scratched together housing for 18. I'm sure melee can beat us in that regard :)
Amba/Phatgamer which one of you am I staying with? =D

Cups

Smash Ace
we've been saying for like 4 years that nobody should do national tourneys besides the kishs. plank ****ed up pound 3 and i bet he ****s up tourneys in the future.

Top Bottom