• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

N64

Smash Champion
Down down hyper is neato. Fireballs everywhere, confusing crossupgames, etc.

Theres ****in two of them!

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Falcomist!

So what is the thought process behind choosing a team? What am I trying to accomplish with my character selections? What are some examples of good teams?

Smash Lord
Screenland, one of the many hookup locations of the Kansas City fighting game scene. I would've been at that same tournament had I not had work that day.
Hm. didn't know that a fighting game scene like this existed.

I really want to pick this game up just for the sake of getting into a game from it's inception. It doesn't look like that's going to work considering I only have a Wii. :(:(:(

papermarkis

Smash Lord
The thing about MvC3 as opposed to MvC2 is that pretty much every character has useful assists. This means that a whole host of dream teams are possible. As long as you're looking at matchups and not using like all grapplers that obviously can't handle a decent zoning team, you may be alright. Of course this could change as the tournament community learns more about the game but for now your teams are alright. As far as individual characters no one's looking bad at the moment. Every character seems to have decent tools.

dmac

Smash Champion
jace doesn't wanna take his van unless its super super last resort, and hondas isn't an option anymore

so... who wants to use their cars? i'm not really sure my cars up to it atm, but i dont have problems driving other peoples.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. III (One of the South's largest fighting game tournaments) is coming up on April 2nd at Conway Gaming Center in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~120 people at this tournament featuring games such as Melee, Brawl, Project: M, SSF4, BB:CS, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and more! The Smash portion of the event will be run by Smashboard's own VTS and we will have a recording station available for you to record whichever matches you deem necessary (just work it out with the station manager). If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread where you can find more details about the event located at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298654. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

Jace08

Smash Lord
don't forget arc's new car, the mileage is too good

but yeah I'm afraid it's gonna break down on us. For smaller trips like just to NE I'm okay with using the van, but all the way to Champaign just seems like we'd be pushing our luck too much. Plus we wouldn't really be saving all that much on gas anyway, my van is teeerrrible on gas

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
Hey guys, A.R.K. III (One of the South's largest fighting game tournaments) is coming up on April 2nd at Conway Gaming Center in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~120 people at this tournament featuring games such as Melee, Brawl, Project: M, SSF4, BB:CS, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and more! The Smash portion of the event will be run by Smashboard's own VTS and we will have a recording station available for you to record whichever matches you deem necessary (just work it out with the station manager). If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread where you can find more details about the event located at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298654. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!
A tournament with MvC3 AND Melee would be so much fun with you bros. Let's gooooooo!

darkatma

Smash Hero
hey phatgamer do you want to team with geno? he needs a teammate and we're definitely going.
and he's still very good, and getting back into shape/shaking off rust.
if you dont believe me play him at the tourney

but yeah i really want him to have a good teammate and do well!

Massive

Smash Champion
jace doesn't wanna take his van unless its super super last resort, and hondas isn't an option anymore

so... Who wants to use their cars? I'm not really sure my cars up to it atm, but i dont have problems driving other peoples.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Why you gotta sh*t on my dreams Honda and Jace?
You couldn't have found this out on NOT the day before we leave!?
Code:
Massive's happiness level drops 2 points.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Sorry Massive, I knew how much Honda's Massive Van meant to you. But there's always phatmobile and rezocar9000...

Jace this is your fault!

BTW when is the earliest everyone can play today? I need practice before SMYM!!!!!!!

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Guys...if anybody wants to attend our free tournament/smashfest on March 19th, here are the links:

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11552
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298027

It's at a really great venue and we're already expecting at least 20 smashers and up to 10 TVs. The venue would easily fit 20 TVs and 80 smashers, so if 60 of you guys from KC wanna come......lol. FYI contrary to what the links say, it's actually going to start around noon this time.

Anyways, some guys from Columbia are coming and I've already told STL and Little Rock AR.

Lemme know if you have any questions, PM me or post in the topics. Thanks.

D

Deleted member

So what is the thought process behind choosing a team? What am I trying to accomplish with my character selections? What are some examples of good teams?
that's a question you have to ask yourself lol. you have to look at what type of playstyle you want to go with. basically at this point a lot of people are just guessing and experimenting on teams.

some good teams are justin wong's teams: wolverine/akuma/storm - she hulk/tron/ammy. MSS is still good, ClakeyD's team is good: tron, sentinel, iron man.

you basically just have to experiment for a while.

dmac

Smash Champion
that jackie chan fighting game looks so awesome

right now the plan is to meet at my place at 3:15 if you're comin from lawrence. be at phats by 4:15 if you're comin from somewhere else. going to a red roof inn, we got 1 room but we'll probably have to get a 2nd.

i'm totally out of town that weekend ziv :(

Smash Lord
I'm going to be in Lawrence on Saturday. I'm not entirely sure what my schedule is, but if things work out I really want to get some practice in against either (Lux) or the Lawrence crowd. Is anyone still going to be there?

JoeMotion

Smash Cadet
Good luck at SMYM everybody. I'm going to St. Louis for Mardi Gras, so if I don't come back send a search party to the East side.

dmac

Smash Champion
has anyone talked to dark blue yoshi if hes comin yet?

magically... z is coming now

anyone bringing a laptop?

is jurtley still coming?

Massive

Smash Champion
Probably between 20 and 30 dollars for hotel room (that's just guess based on last SMYM), and I'm almost positive we'll be returning on Sunday in the afternoon/early evening.

Top Bottom