• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Massive

Smash Champion
My brother and I never raged harder than when we played each other at Primal Rage.
I think I may still have scars/skull dents from it.

edit: Acid pee would be a good jigglypuff taunt.

AmBa LaNce

Smash Apprentice
Dang KC tryin to get on that Eville drama tip...

I know that I show up infrequently but it always just depends on what time I get out of work. I requested off for this Saturday just to make sure I'm there. Hopefully I will be bringing a new player and my legit i-have-zero-tech-skill-but-frustratingly-amazing-spacing roommate.

I've stopped ****ing around with other chars and I've been steady working on my Peach. I really want some good practice to get over this one year plateau I've suffering from. I want to learn one or two techs I can start practicing in my room alone.

out.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Anything with Armada pretty much, especially his matches against Calle W—even if you can't reproduce his tech skill, his spacing and option coverage is insanely good. Just watch his videos trying to imagine what he's thinking with every move

I would actually avoid any matches versus M2K and Mango for the time being, simply because there's so much going on that is above most player's heads, and you'll get the wrong ideas by trying to emulate them (for now)

MacD also has some great videos to learn from, since he always plays within himself and doesn't make many huge mistakes. Watch any MacD v. Zhu video to learn how to play against Fox and Falco

Of course, I personally modeled my game after PinkShinobi's back when I first started playing competitively, so I recommend checking out some of his stuff as well. He's probably the best Peach in the C. Falcon matchup, so watch his videos against SilentSpectre if you need help with that. PS tends to spam nairs a little too much though (that's where I get the bad habit from)

At Massive's I can help you with stuff as well, just track me down

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Won't be at Massive's this weekend, friend's b-day

So someone should host on Thursday for weekly my Smash fix

Maybe we can do some more Melee/64 recording that day, Potts. I can also give you the software then

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Hey, I was briefly talking to Jace about getting a large venue for a tournament, and he mentioned you guys would be on board to do melee if we decided to run it. That talked died down on the Brawl side, but it has since renewed itself.

At this point, what I would need from you guys in order to run the melee tournament and make the whole thing happen:

1 TO who is willing to sit out the tournament
Housing support for BOTH Brawl and Melee
Adequate setups for you guys to execute a melee tournament.

If we can make this happen, I'll be filing a proposal at the beginning of February to see if I can lock down the venue for a weekend in April. If you have any questions, I'll check in on this thread or you can VM me

Massive

Smash Champion
Which venue(s) is/are being considered?

I'd be willing to house some melee players, since I basically do that every week anyway.
I don't know about random brawl dudes though.

DeLux

I am going to send in a proposal to use the United Methodist Church's Dining Hall in Lawrence because I intern for one of their nonprofit programs.

If that fails, I am going to try to contact the Lawrence Public Library about using their auditorium because they mentioned they wanted me to come in and play Brawl with the middle schoolers / high schoolers.

Barring failure for both of those, I'll try seeing if the KU Union will let us do it because I'm an intern with the Center of Community Outreach and will do the tournament as a benefit for the CCO. Organizations are supposed to be allowed to use the rooms without charge.

If all three of those fail, I will cry :(

Jace08

Smash Lord
*sigh* dmac and his random clutch smash attacks

I'd house brawl players but they have to sit in the corner >< nah but my place could actually hold a decent amount of people, brawl and melee players alike

Our crew is pretty solid on setups, so we should be good there.

I'd be willing to host the melee tourney, but if by "sit out" you mean not participate in, that's just weird lol. If by sit out you mean staying the whole time then it's np

good stuff on getting this going, Lux!

dmac

Smash Champion
i dont know how you could interpret "sit out" as that jace... lol

the TO sitting out ensures a better overall tourney experience, can't argue with it

DeLux

The issue that I run into is that one of the stipulations I was given by the church was that I and the people that are running it can't profit off this tournament. So I guess you'd be able to play, but if you won, that might be an issue with them.

I might just take on the TO responsibilities myself and be the "only one officially running it". But then you guys could "help out" and play in it, if you catch my drift. Effectively the same thing I'd imagine lol

Jace08

Smash Lord
really? am I the only one who thinks TOs participating in their own tournament is not a big deal?

The issue that I run into is that one of the stipulations I was given by the church was that I and the people that are running it can't profit off this tournament.
but yeah I definitely can understand this reasoning as churches are nonprofit organizations and of course they'd want events in their facility to be as well. I'm fine with someone else wanting to TO, and me just helping out a decent amount. Markis I'd support you being tourney host

darkatma

Smash Hero
TO's most often do participate in their own tournies
but they should have other staff too, otherwise the tourney runs too slowly

if you guys run a tourney in april, please dont run it on the 9th... <3

only1Z

Smash Champion
4. Sara, Kingdom Hearts: I think I'm relatable to Sara the most when it comes to rap. Sara is on a quest to find himself and his friends. If it's two things you learn quick in rap, it's that you don't know who your real friends are, and you tend to do a lot of soul searching.

dmac

Smash Champion
Upon release, it enjoyed critical acclaim and commercial success across the globe, collecting an unprecedented 62 crore in the opening weekend, becoming the highest-grossing Tamil film and the highest-grossing Indian film of all time.[8][citation needed]

pretty much my favorite part of the wiki, even over "Chitti gatecrashes Vaseegaran and Sana's wedding, kidnaps her, imprisons her in AIRD and threatens her with **** and creation of a cyborg by artificial insemination."

Top Bottom