• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I am going to start hosting a Brawl smashfest on Tuesdays. I realize that this is a Melee based thread, but I'd like to start developing a competitive Brawl scene in the area that isn't KC based. My bet is that the local talent from this thread would probably be better to pool from than a group of random people lol. If there's any interest at all, let me know please.

AmBa LaNce

Smash Apprentice
...Why would you even say that?

You're really making me feel comfortable about inviting dudes I don't even know into my home.
Dude i guess my joke wasn't obvious enough. I can break it down though:

1. I had your address programmed into my GPS.

2. My GPS was stolen by robbers

3. Said-be robbers now have your address

4. Robbers tend to rob more than once in their robbing career.

But it was a joke. I think the possibility of that outcome his highly unlikely. If it will make you feel more comfortable, I can let you dog-sit my 90lb Doberman Pincher for awhile.

xbombr

Smash Ace
I miss Melee and killing Massive even though he's on my team. :(

Sigh... 80% of my relatively few games since I went to my last smashfest have been with Zelda. :(
Straight Zelda, not her lesbian alter ego, mah girl Samus, or a space animal.

Edit: Hoping to come to something in the future. I'm working overnights (10pm-6am) during my breaks from school though. :\

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I just like the challenge of staying alive/not getting ***** until I can find an opening to punish hard

I also main Zero Suit Samus in spirit

Massive

Smash Champion
I just like the challenge of staying alive/not getting ***** until I can find an opening to punish hard

I also main Zero Suit Samus in spirit
It sounds like you may also like the challenge of Kirby.
Every second playing Kirby in a match is a violent struggle for supremacy against your own flawed moveset. BUT OH MAN HE'S GOT THAT SPIKE AND HIS UTILT IS SO GOOD.

xbombr

Smash Ace
It sounds like you may also like the challenge of Kirby.
Every second playing Kirby in a match is a violent struggle for supremacy against your own flawed moveset. BUT OH MAN HE'S GOT THAT SPIKE AND HIS UTILT IS SO GOOD.
He said he wanted to punish openings hard. :(

Anyway, you've beat me with Kirby before iirc so I have little room to be talking.

rpotts

Smash Lord
I failed to beat my casual friend in marth dittos today. 0-5 or worse. he would literally just wait n fsmash then dtilt the ledge. this game sucks ****

OH GOD MY DOG CHEWED ONE OF MY SHOES UP NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Likes hondafoo's post.

I could host in my basement possibly if you'd rather do it on a saturday since sunday might mess with school.

I could hold it this weekend possibly or the first week of october.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Saturday Oct 2 would be a great date for me in terms of school

Also we should have an early start time, like 2-3 PM so we can get back home at a reasonable time

AustinRC

Smash Lord
early start time might not work for me, I might be getting a job a quizno's where I'll be working on Saturday mornings... ;_;

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Smash in Saint Joseph again at my house on tuesday, 9/21. PM me for directions if you're interested. OH also, I'm going to go watch the Chiefs get owned by the 9ers on 9/26...should be good fun.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Hey strong bad, if I four stock you in a DK ditto can you give me the powers of a mod? PLEASE!!!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You know how teachers are like "There's no such thing as a stupid question"?
They're lying.

Top Bottom