• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been keeping up with the thread lately or I'd of planned something out, I might still be able to host tonight if I can get enough interest. Last time we had 5 setups, with room for atleast 3 more and an amazing recording setup. It's really a perfect place for smash, if your interested in getting something going tonight post on here, I'll see what I can do. If I can't tonight I'll make sure we can next weekend and so on.

Heres the address if your interested:

7708 NE 75th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64158

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
mayb
i'm really tired :(

edit: 1,000 posts? lol
you still owe me a dvd pyro
god im tired

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Well I don't think it's gonna happen today, not enough interest and it's already pretty late. I'll be sure an set it up for next weekend, but for now... yeah. Also, if anyone has any decent TVs that you don't use or something we could keep them at my aunt's house, theres a massive storage room in the basement (which is where we play gamez) so that would make it easier to setup and whatnot. anyway, till next week...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea i have a tv i don't use, probably ~20" idk.
i'll ask about bringin it next week, sounds like a pretty good idea.

rezo

Smash Apprentice
so where are these mysterious smym vids? and strongbad pretty much combo breaks this thread by butting in every other post or so.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
What was I supposed to do differently Mr. Cups?
idk, maybe introduce yourself, ask where we play smash every week, challenge our whole crew to MMs, MM strong bad's DK and be severely disappointed in it, go crazy whenever darkrain makes a post. You know, what every new person does.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
thank you cups

Does anyone have a tri-wing screwdriver I can borrow? I feel like finally fixing my Wii that broke a year ago.

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
thank you cups

Does anyone have a tri-wing screwdriver I can borrow? I feel like finally fixing my Wii that broke a year ago.
You dont need one actually, you can buy this husky 6 in 1 star tool, and one of the sizes works perfectly for those tri wing screws. Ill bring it on saturday for you.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Ewww...

I just opened my backback that had my gamecube in it from smym, and there was syrup everywhere! Syrup from an opened Ihop packet... *looks around suspiciously*

Now my gamecube and its cords are all sticky...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You dont need one actually, you can buy this husky 6 in 1 star tool, and one of the sizes works perfectly for those tri wing screws. Ill bring it on saturday for you.
Cool. :O You know that smash is at pyro's again this saturday, right? Thanks man. :p

Jace: that really sucks. ;_; gamecubes are only about $30-40 at gamestop though...!

Jace08

Smash Lord
And I thought said syrup was securely in Jfro's pocket...
Oh crap I think I vaguely remember Jfro giving me that syrup packet at Wendy's or something for no reason and then I thoughtlessly tossed it into my backpack... Looks like this was my screw up after all

Actually Strong Bad I don't think my cube is damaged, I'll just have to wipe it and the cords off and it should be fine.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lmao
that is ****in' hilarious

are you guys going to start calling me armada? rofl.

CFMV

"The Marf"
Weren't we all talking about how the syrup was gonna spill all over someone's **** and get it all sticky?

Let the Syrupgate trials begin.

N

nasTn8

Hello!!? are there any smash desciples around Lawrence? i'm Desperately seeking some competition. messege me if your interested.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Hello!!? are there any smash desciples around Lawrence? i'm Desperately seeking some competition. messege me if your interested.
Depends if you're talking about smash 64, melee, or brawl.

I like how PC acts like he's still here.
I like how I would beat Markis in a money match even though I'm not here.

Also, where is here? ^_^ I'm pretty sure nobody has played smash for like a million years.

Jace08

Smash Lord
The plan now is to find a venue somewhere in lawrence, because that's where most of us are going to be this fall. I'll look around when I get there; I move in this Sunday.

Of course for right now there's Pyro's aunt's house so that should be fun this weekend.

Cups

Smash Ace
pc you'll never come again so stop ****ing talking about how you'd beat anybody. I'd rather have someone who's trying to get better be around than a ****ing stupid *** that drags his worthless friends to other people's homes to be rude and abuse their hospitality. Get out of here and don't post again unless you intend on giving back to the smash community in the near future, or unless you suddenly decide to stop being a drain to our thread. Either one sounds fine to me. Stop trolling.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
pc you'll never come again so stop ****ing talking about how you'd beat anybody. I'd rather have someone who's trying to get better be around than a ****ing stupid *** that drags his worthless friends to other people's homes to be rude and abuse their hospitality. Get out of here and don't post again unless you intend on giving back to the smash community in the near future, or unless you suddenly decide to stop being a drain to our thread. Either one sounds fine to me. Stop trolling.
Whoa Cups, rage less please. All I've ever done is post random things in this thread just like EVERYONE ELSE. I wouldn't have said anything about Markis if he hadn't singled me out in the first place, like I don't have a right to post here or something. I made a comeback to a disrespectful comment, sue me. I like to keep up on what's going on in the area in case I ever do get to play again. I'd love to get better but unfortunately I don't have the time nor the funds to drive to Kansas City every freaking weekend to play video games. As for my friends, don't EVER call them worthless. Last time I checked anyone was allowed to come and I'm not held responsible for people that take interest in the game and happen to be my only ride to the venue. And I will post again because this is the internetz biatch. FREEDOM TO THE PEOPLE.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
No anyone is NOT allowed to come. We've ALWAYS had the rule that you bring people who play Smash, and that the only exceptions are gfs/bfs, or strong bad's father. It's been this way since Barrio. You bring friends who sit around getting baby sitted by us the whole time asking for free food. No one wants to hear from you cause you're no longer apart of the Smash community and keep coming in here getting into conversations about things that don't involve you in anyway just because you think you're funny when you're not at all. If you're really quitting this game then you need to stop coming here like you're facing withdrawal, because obviously no one's demanding for you to be here.

Top Bottom