• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jfro

Smash Cadet
God i dont even know who i am anymore after that night dmac LOL , oh and i completely forgot that you put all the rest of the drinks in my trunk.

Jfro

Smash Cadet
lol and its so funny hearing you talk about the mystery machine, never would have guessed that we would of actually used it.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Rpotts I think I saw you somewhere on campus here but I could be wrong. Are you going to KU?
Yeah man I made a post a couple pages back. I am in McCollum, where are you? Any smashers in the dorms or on/around campus? I could go for some smash right about now.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Sweet, I'm also in McCollum! Floor 6, room 52 on the west wing. We'll have to play some 64.

Oh and yeah I saw your post but I didn't assume you were in the dorms. This is too good in Olathe I didn't have any smashers living so close to me.

Dmac and Pc we should organize a small smashfest sometime. My dorm is a decent place to play.

rpotts

Smash Lord
I don't get out of class until 5:15 tomorrow, but I would be down for some smash. I'll keep checking this to see what's up.

D

Deleted member

only1Z

Smash Champion
You could probably go back 3 months worth when he said, everyone watch Sengoku Basara, and understand what it means to be manly, or something like that.

TeamDragonite

Smash Rookie
Little verbal exchange earlier with Soad and others, it was a fun read.

Protip PC: WHEN YOU BE GONE, YOU STAY GONE

Sincerely
The artist formally known as linkw00t

papermarkis

Smash Lord
that meme has gotten really old /wrist

E8 was an interesting experiment. most people would say that it was a complete failure but KyoAni tried something new and i'll give them props for that. i just hope they don't do it again lol

Dmac watch Sengoku Basara, its the manliest show ever - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd-wYTnNYmw
I wouldn't call it an experiment so much as animating the same episode over and over again. I mean what exactly did they think would happen if they showed the same episode 9 times? It should've been 3 and a half at the ABSOLUTE max.

EDIT:

Am I the only person that thinks if developers want to put something annoying in a game, they might as well make it hard? Annoying easy things are a true mark of bad game design.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I would like to see you come into a smashfest with no prior melee IC's experience or knowledge and wobble flawlessly every time you get a grab with Nana near, Fino.
until then, please stop trolling. kthx

Also, would anyone else support a "non-smash game" set-up at pyro's saturday smashes? We could just kinda change games depending on what people want throughout the day/night... and I don't mean just a fighting game setup either >_>

only1Z

Smash Champion
My gaming club in high school consisted of smash and halo.....do you wanna be one of those kids strong bad....think about it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My gaming club in high school consisted of smash and halo.....do you wanna be one of those kids strong bad....think about it.
not all games other than smash suck like halo does, though, z. :(
totally bringing BATTLETOADS this saturday

only1Z

Smash Champion
First game being awful killed the franchise for me....then dealing with it every mlg, puhleeeeeze.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I prefer 1v1 or 2v2 games to Halo's style of "free for all.... or 8v8"

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Hey smash will start at 4 this time, please don't show up before then, I know this is kind of short notice so if you do it's fine but if you can please wait till 4. Thanks

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Dmac and Pc we should organize a small smashfest sometime. My dorm is a decent place to play.
Yeah Jace I'm totally down, but you should probably call me if you ever get anything going. I don't really get on the internet these days. Also are guys busy on week days? 785-766-6081

Little verbal exchange earlier with Soad and others, it was a fun read.

Protip PC: WHEN YOU BE GONE, YOU STAY GONE

Sincerely
The artist formally known as linkw00t
Good call gangsta.

Also, would anyone else support a "non-smash game" set-up at pyro's saturday smashes? We could just kinda change games depending on what people want throughout the day/night... and I don't mean just a fighting game setup either >_>
If only pc games weren't such a hassle to lan :(

You could play Billy Hatcher, or we could all bring our DS's and link up some Mario Kart! PARTY YAYUH. Also, alcohol at Pyro's? Wut.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
gg's last night guys.
sorry for making everyone stick around longer; my dad got stuck in traffic (why the **** did they close two lanes at night with the state fair going on? >_>) for like half an hour.
also, sorry Pyro for showing up early. I left ~20 minutes after you made that post, i was busy getting my stuff together and someone was on the comp at the time. i'll make sure i check before i leave in the future.

more people should show up next time <_<

Jace08

Smash Lord
Charlie it sounds like your place is our best hope for lawrence weeklies. The basement of my dorm is probably a no-go

CFMV

"The Marf"
Yeah we have room for probably 4 setups and the apartment is pretty big so it should work. Any day besides Wednesdays should work for me.

The address is:
2511 W 31st St #231
Lawrence, KS 66047

PM me if you need my number or directions

Jace08

Smash Lord
Mondays, thursdays, Fridays, Saturday nights (sorry pyro & Jfro) and Sundays all should work for me. We should all probably just pick 2 days and just say those are the days we'll meet. Dmac, pc, rpotts and Duck when are you guys available?

Edit: Those are just the people who live in lawrence but even if you aren't in lawrence but still plan on coming you should tell us when you'd be free too.

Top Bottom