• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
It's called a ****ing thread Markis, these "conversations" don't involve, nor do they exclude anyone. Send me a pm if you want to cry about things because NOW we're starting to have a conversation. If you didn't like my friends you could of just simply told them to leave, or to never come again. It won't hurt my feelings. Instead you waited and then *****ed about it several months later. It's not like I told them to do the things that upset you guys, but thanks for getting mad at me about it anyways. And trust me I'm not trying to be funny. Why would I try and put a smile on your face, which, if I remember correctly, never showed any emotion. Just a miserable frown at all times. I was just typing and posting for my enjoyment. It's called having a personality Markis, something I wouldn't expect you to understand.

I have successfully been trolled. I've never been so callous on the internet as I am now.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If you didn't like my friends you could of just simply told them to leave, or to never come again. It won't hurt my feelings. Instead you waited and then *****ed about it several months later.
hmmmm.... hmmm.......
Here's a little announcement about Cherry Smash:

If you're bringing someone with you, make sure it's someone that actually plays Smash. The only exceptions are girlfriends/boyfriends, your kids (you're alright Ziv Bane!), or overprotective parents (you're alright Strong Bad!). We really don't need people standing around doing nothing asking for free pizza.
I don't know, that announcement 3 or 4 days after the incident seemed to be pretty specific.

(For the record, I have nothing against PC [maybe a little; the friends bothering Mango thing was really ****ing stupid, though it wasn't his fault] or anyone else, but I agree with markis and Cups. Also, I would **** PC in a money match. ^_^)

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I don't know, that announcement 3 or 4 days after the incident seemed to be pretty specific.
I'm pretty sure you guys haven't seen me OR my friends since that night, other than tourneys. I was just talking about the complaining. Also, not that I have anything against strongbad, but he's no P.I.

Sorry Z I'm done. Time for me to sleep nao.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
It's called a ****ing thread Markis, these "conversations" don't involve, nor do they exclude anyone. Send me a pm if you want to cry about things because NOW we're starting to have a conversation. If you didn't like my friends you could of just simply told them to leave, or to never come again. It won't hurt my feelings. Instead you waited and then *****ed about it several months later. It's not like I told them to do the things that upset you guys, but thanks for getting mad at me about it anyways. And trust me I'm not trying to be funny. Why would I try and put a smile on your face, which, if I remember correctly, never showed any emotion. Just a miserable frown at all times. I was just typing and posting for my enjoyment. It's called having a personality Markis, something I wouldn't expect you to understand.

I have successfully been trolled. I've never been so callous on the internet as I am now.
No these conversations don't exclude anyone, they just simply include people who are part of the Smash community, but it's simply annoying having someone quit Smash and keep posting here like he never left. And Cups was the one who brought your friends up anyways. The rest of your post isn't even thoughtful enough to respond to.

It's been a rule since Barrio Smash at David's house. We weren't too fond of outside visitors there either. You don't take non poker playing friends to poker night so they can stand around awkwardly staring at everyone, you don't take non basketball playing friends to basketball practice so they can sit on the benches for 3 hours. You don't take non smash playing friends to Smash night.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I know, I was just saying that since PC said that you "*****ed about it several months later." The announcement you made was like entirely because of PC's friends rofl.

I agree with Z.

EDIT:
The plan now is to find a venue somewhere in lawrence, because that's where most of us are going to be this fall. I'll look around when I get there; I move in this Sunday.

Of course for right now there's Pyro's aunt's house so that should be fun this weekend.
:(? Cherry Smash was in KC, and Pyro's aunt's is in KC.... I think it's a good location... idk maybe I like it just because Lawrence is 1 hr away from me, but yeah... also I'd be allowed to go by myself to pyro's lol. I don't exactly know where everyone lives but if like half of everyone lives in Lawrence then that'd make sense though.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Jace apparently thinks just him and Aaron moving to Lawrence = most of us are now in Lawrence. That would be VERY long drives for EVERYONE that doesn't live in Lawrence. Which is more than half of us.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Jace apparently thinks just him and Aaron moving to Lawrence = most of us are now in Lawrence. That would be VERY long drives for EVERYONE that doesn't live in Lawrence. Which is more than half of us.
I may have presumed too much about moving smash to Lawrence. I just figured the majority of our players would now be there. I guess the safest thing to do is make a list of where everyone is, right?

People in Lawrence
Dmac
Aaron
Pc
Me
CFMV
HodaFoo
I remember Duck said he was gonna be there
The day after the lawrence tourney about a month ago I ran into a melee player at his apartment. I can't remember his name but anyway he and his friend were really wanting to play smash with people
*edit* Rpotts

Hmm if I think of anyone else I'll post again. Also someone let me know if I made a mistake there somewhere.

So now does someone wanna make a list of people who aren't going to be in Lawrence? Post their location too if you can.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Locations for now aren't really as important as finding SOMEWHERE at the moment. Right now, we seem to have no one who can host at their home, except for Phat MAYBE. Locations at UMKC are currently out of the question considering that Cups is no longer an RA and doesn't have connections like he use to. The only other colleges associated with our crew are JCCC and KU. We should probably check these first.

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Okay so smash is on at my aunt's tomorrow starting at 3pm, and we can go till midnight. I'll need people to bring cubes/wiis and or smash disks. As for TV's as I said before if you have one to donate and keep there then bring it but if it's too much trouble don't worry about it I think we'll have enough.

Heres the address again:

7708 NE 75th Terrace
Kansas City, MO 64158

Can I get a head count of people that are/might be coming? Thanks

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'll likely bring a tv/wii/2 melee discs/maybe a gamecube
edit: probably not bringing a tv

Massive

Smash Champion
I have a 95% chance of attending this week.

I also wish I didn't live so far from lawrence.
About half of the old informal Rolla crew lives over there as well, though I'm pretty sure most of them have switched off smash to DoTA or WoW fulltime at this point.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
im going to be there at 3 because i don't afraid of anything
also jturley if you read this, you don't have to bring that screwdriver. i figured out that the problem is w/ the software and i can't fix it without sending it to nintendo :(

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Just because it starts at 3 doesn't mean you have to show up then. I just wanted to give the same time frame range as cherry, and since we have to end at midnight, I started at 3 instead of 5ish.

Also just in case my number is (816) 377-5548

rpotts

Smash Lord
I don't know if you'll be checking this now but is there any interest in me coming out and bringing a 64? I hadn't checked the lawrence forum in a little while and didn't know this was going down. I'm getting into melee though so I wanna play some of that anyway.

And btw jace, I'll be in lawrence this semester too.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
that he is
rpotts: i think a lot of us would enjoy playing smash 64. it's a pretty legit game. i know pyro enjoys playing it on kaillera and such, so i don't see why he wouldn't like to play it on saturdays. you should come next week :p

with so many lawrence people, you guys should carpool. o_o

i had a lot of fun last night, probably the most fun i've had at a saturday smash. =D now to just get more people there each saturday lol. arkive 8bit hondafoo cfmv rezo jturley cups markis where you at?

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
Lol you guys missed out, Jturley we got cable, the biggest TV in the basement lags so you can use it to watch whatever if you really need to. And Saturday smashfests are for fun and to hang out with your bros, it doesn't have to be able the competitive smash scene. Lol we had some epic ping pong doubles matches... Jace is natural born pro or something... anyway no johns guys, I wanna see more people there next weekend. Dmac has to drive past cherry street to get there I think he said, so theres your ride Markis, and cups too maybe? I dunno where you live now... And yes potts, smash64 would be pro. And dmac, sorry man I think I'll fix that now just cause that happend loll, those evil little kids are also the ones that broke the stairs. anyway yeah, it was pretty fun last night, can't wait till next weekend. =)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i wish i was that hardcore... being able to drift on a..... bicke....? (0:15)

Top Bottom