• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Wtf are you doing pc....

The entire point of a rythm game is to have fun, and rock band has that in spades.
Having a meaningful debate with Strong Bad (lol)

Oh and stroking those 4chan love handles.

Edit: RETREAT!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The entire point of a rythm game is to have fun, and rock band has that in spades.
isn't the point of smash bros to have fun? brawl is fun to most people with items and gayness. also i don't go to World Tour tournaments, that **** is garbage. ghiii all the way. *has five starred TTFAF* melee > anything though.

pc's video was terrible. as were his mindgames. YOU NEED TO EVOLVE, PC, THOSE MINDGAMES WON'T WORK AGAINST ANYONE

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
isn't the point of smash bros to have fun? brawl is fun to most people with items and gayness. also i don't go to World Tour tournaments, that **** is garbage. ghiii all the way. *has five starred TTFAF* melee > anything though.
You did NOT 5 star Through the Fire and Flames. Prove it, lol....

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
look up Strong Bad 1337 on XBL. or if you want a picture w/ me in it i could get one lol i also 5*'d TDWDTG and the rest of the DLC.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it has ruined over 30 lives so far.
we're going for a high score

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
There's no fun in smash, your point is invalid. Your epeen won't work on me.
Now you're gettin' the hang of it! E-PEEN ON!

But, seriously... Guitar Hero and Rock Band are just crying little girls, whereas Dance Dance Revolution is the man that steals their candy.

Let me bring DDR sometime, I will stomp ****. I need another pad though :(

dmac

Smash Champion

pc's video was terrible. as were his mindgames. YOU NEED TO EVOLVE, PC, THOSE MINDGAMES WON'T WORK AGAINST ANYONE
GH three has diet hammers. You don't even need to press the key at the right time you just need to have it held down. GTFO with that ****** ****. It's like autoaim in FPS. Gay. And 5 starring TTFaF isn't really that impressive. All you have to do is get past the opening and then know how to use your SP and it's retardedly easy. I got four stars without even using my Star power because I never use star power on my first time through a song.

I passed Jordan on GH 2 with no star power. Nothing in any GH game comes close to that.

Edit: DYCgamer on dmaximums computer...again.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Edit: DYCgamer on dmaximums computer...again
Phew, I was about to say... Dmac is not that aggressive.

But yes I played guitar hero for a just a couple days and could nearly beat every song on expert except for the very difficult ones. I don't like the guitar on rock band much better either, but I do like to hit up the drums. It's preettttty close to the experience of a real drum set. But nonetheless... DDR/ITG is faster, more skill based, and actually includes the music and rhythm at which you have to play the game. Not to mention much much MUCH better beats. Play DDR strong bad :)

dmac

Smash Champion
Phew, I was about to say... Dmac is not that aggressive.

But yes I played guitar hero for a just a couple days and could nearly beat every song on expert except for the very difficult ones. I don't like the guitar on rock band much better either, but I do like to hit up the drums. It's preettttty close to the experience of a real drum set. But nonetheless... DDR/ITG is faster, more skill based, and actually includes the music and rhythm at which you have to play the game. Not to mention much much MUCH better beats. Play DDR strong bad :)
It's really not close at all to real drums. Sorry.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
It's really not close at all to real drums. Sorry.
It's of course not going to be a replica, it's still a game. But it does give you that prerequisite sort of feel of playing a real drum set. Sort of like how some people learn to play piano before they do drums. It gives you a good sense of beat and can teach your hands and feet to move like you would on a real drum set. Not saying they have the same sound or feel of a real drum set. Part of the problem is the designers part of making the game. They messed up on a lot of the songs making it more chaotic than it really should be.

only1Z

Smash Champion
As soon as I read "Diet Hammers" I knew it was dyc mang....And the drums are what I gravitated to, but probably couldn't even do a simple beat on the real instrument to save my life.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I passed Jordan on GH 2 with no star power. Nothing in any GH game comes close to that.
confusion.
I have also performed the same feat, however not utilizing star power for the points is just a dumb idea. I've five starred every song in any GH game, and star power path was only necessary on songs like Raining Blood when they're just dumb. (Which probably by now I could do without star power anyway, I can FC it except for the trills in Flood!)
i find you saying that 5*'ing TTFAF on expert isn't impressive at all kind of ridiculous... what the **** do you think is impressive? yea GHIII has really noob note timing windows, but my fingers still have to be in the right place. TTFAF is also notorious for its strumming.

Guitar Hero is definitely easy money, though. I don't even play it anymore outside of tournaments because it's somewhat boring after so much playing.

also PC... I don't find DDR fun. Glad you enjoy it, though. :p

I LOVE THIS MELEE DISCUSSION <3

dmac

Smash Champion
confusion.
I have also performed the same feat, however not utilizing star power for the points is just a dumb idea. I've five starred every song in any GH game, and star power path was only necessary on songs like Raining Blood when they're just dumb. (Which probably by now I could do without star power anyway, I can FC it except for the trills in Flood!)
i find you saying that 5*'ing TTFAF on expert isn't impressive at all kind of ridiculous... what the **** do you think is impressive? yea GHIII has really noob note timing windows, but my fingers still have to be in the right place. TTFAF is also notorious for its strumming.

Guitar Hero is definitely easy money, though. I don't even play it anymore outside of tournaments because it's somewhat boring after so much playing.

also PC... I don't find DDR fun. Glad you enjoy it, though. :p

I LOVE THIS MELEE DISCUSSION <3
I don't find 5 starring TTFaF impressive because it's not impressive. But I'll let you get back to trying to impress people that don't care.

Also I'm a little confused myself as to what you could possibly be confused about. Coupled with the style of hammer ons in GH2 it's widely recognized that Jordan is the overall hardest song in the GF series.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you said that nothing in any GH game comes close to beating Jordan w/o star power, which is in a guitar hero game. it was more semantics than anything. what exactly do you find impressive, then? >_> i'd think it'd stand to reason that keeping an average multiplier of 2.8 throughout a song most people have difficulty keeping a 5 or more note streak in would be somewhat impressive. w/e

i love the GF series, I play that all day.

dmac

Smash Champion
you said that nothing in any GH game comes close to beating Jordan w/o star power, which is in a guitar hero game. it was more semantics than anything. what exactly do you find impressive, then? >_> i'd think it'd stand to reason that keeping an average multiplier of 2.8 throughout a song most people have difficulty keeping a 5 or more note streak in would be somewhat impressive. w/e

i love the GF series, I play that all day.
The only reason "most people" can't keep a 5 note or more streak in that song is because the majority of people that play Rhythm games are not serious gamers. I'd be willing to bet that to anyone who has played the GH series seriously, as I have, it simply just isn't that impressive. It's like showing the old *** Shined Blind combo vid to someone who is new to melee. Sure it's impressive as hell to them, but what does it look like to people who've been in the competitive scene? Unimpressive.

Also competitive GH strikes me more like Golf than anything else. It really isn't two people competing against each other. It's just two people playing by themselves each trying to do better than the other guy with no interaction between the two.

You are the quinessential "look at me" person. You feel the need to be loud and insert yourself into every conversation because you are looking for somewhere to belong. It's much better to just accept being the new guy rather than trying to force your way in, acting like you've been there forever.

Real professionals don't have to spout off about how good they are at something just to impress someone. They simply beat the crap out of anyone who wants to play and silently go about their business.

Case in point, about 40 or 50 pages back there was someone spouting off about how good he was at a certain Pokemon Puzzle League game. I simply said I would play him and he had to talk lots of **** and when the time came, I dropped 45000 points in a warmup match and he was nowhere to be found.

The point is, to the people that truly understand the game you are talking about there isn't a whole lot that will truly impress them.

And this is still DYC, obviously.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i guess you're right, dyc, im just a new person trying to fit in. =(!!
im not the newest person in the kc smash scene, though.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
confusion.
MINDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD GAMESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I can't tell if this is a debate or a ****.

Anyways... Sure strong bad is loud and somewhat annoying, but he is still young, give him time to grow... He's still like 14. (lol)

While we're on the subject of non-smash games... What does everyone play when they aren't playing smash? Do you guys go for the old school snes games? Or do you browse around the millions of playstation rpgs? Who are the people in here that play the new games coming out?

For the last year I've basically only played Smash and DotA, with a few other small scale games mixed in... I can't seem to find a good game to get into. I wanna know what's good, what I need to play, and what could potentially be a good game in the future.

POST YOUR VIDEO GAME BACKGROUND PEEPS. :)

[Redirecting the previous conversation to a more friendly one. Don't forget that we're smash players here guys, NOT xbox live kids.]

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
im almost 16 =(

i play castle crashers/alien hominid hd a lot recently.... i enjoy me some call of duty every now and then.
i play a bunch of old n64/sega genesis games sometimes... shinobi 3 is really fun and toejam & earl is the best =D

i also play guilty gear and street fighter a lot, but im bad at them. =D

dmac

Smash Champion
i guess you're right, dyc, im just a new person trying to fit in. =(!!
im not the newest person in the kc smash scene, though.
There is nothing wrong with trying to fit in. I'm just saying maybe scale it back a bit and let it all happen on its own. Because it will if you just let it, we aren't in the habit of turning people away.

Castle Crashers is the **** though.

edit: Still DYC. lol.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I play a bunch of RPGs, Z, cups, and dmac like to make fun of. Every Nintendo series in smash. I also play Pokemon competitively (through Shoddy, not through cartridge as of yet). I own a Wii, DS, and PS2 and will soon be getting a 360 (hopefully getting the Limited Edition Red RE5 version, I love special systems like my Gold Zelda DSlite.

Edit: Phat, or anyone else with a 360, what are your gamer tags? I don't have a system yet, but I will soon and already have an XBL account. It's simply: papermarkis

If you send me a friend request and your tag looks very different from your smash name, be sure to send me a message letting me know who you are.

only1Z

Smash Champion
I hate shoddy. It reminds me of the episode of the Pokemon University in the first season. Nerd kid who dueled only through simulations lost to the class president girl cause his heart wasn't connected with his pokemans.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Well they're both electronic data anyways. Besides, I lost my heart ages ago.

I just simply haven't found the time to create a good competitive team on my Diamond cartridge. Competitive Pokemon is extremely time consuming.

dmac

Smash Champion
I play a bunch of RPGs, Z, cups, and dmac like to make fun of. Every Nintendo series in smash. I also play Pokemon competitively (through Shoddy, not through cartridge as of yet). I own a Wii, DS, and PS2 and will soon be getting a 360 (hopefully getting the Limited Edition Red RE5 version, I love special systems like my Gold Zelda DSlite.

Edit: Phat, or anyone else with a 360, what are your gamer tags? I don't have a system yet, but I will soon and already have an XBL account. It's simply: papermarkis

If you send me a friend request and your tag looks very different from your smash name, be sure to send me a message letting me know who you are.
The real reason to get the Lim RE5 Elite is that all of them are being manufactured with the new Jasper chipset. Hopefully this thing will cut down on the red ring of doom.

edit: still dyc.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
The real reason to get the Lim RE5 Elite is that all of them are being manufactured with the new Jasper chipset. Hopefully this thing will cut down on the red ring of doom.

edit: still dyc.
I thought the red rings were already a thing of the past and that they were only happening to launch systems?

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I play smash brothers.
Darkrain you're a nEWib!

Castle crashers looks pretty tight. Cod4 is weak sauce. Haha I have a 360 with xbox live that I share with my step-brother, but sadly all it has is Halo 3 and a whole bunch of sports games, otherwise I would fire some up... They need to make a pro fps, counter strike is getting old :(

Dude Markis I would totally duel you in Pokemon Diamond, I had a pretty kick *** non-legendary team, not pro or anything (mostly OU) but my douche sister lost my Diamond :( btw what is shoddy? 0_o

Top Bottom