• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Other than that, tell me a little bit about yourself? Your name, char, ect? My name is Michael, in teams I would go either fox or marth.
lol no one ever cares about real names o.o My name is Adam, I main Donkey Kong and secondary Fox/Marth/Sheik. I normally use Fox, Marth, Sheik, or Jigglypuff in teams, whichever my partner wants.

We'll totally have to play some friendlies tomorrow, just look for the shortest guy w/ glasses ok.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
ziv lets team

also if anyone is going to naka con try to bring a tv for the gaming room, they needs it bad
Dmac you have selective reading... you didn't answer my QUERSTION!

Is there for sure melee, if so how much? And is the prize going to be Mario Galaxy like last year? That was sooo lame.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'm getting ready to go and all, but I have a quick question:
Darkrain says Cherry smash starts at 6pm, Markis said it starts at 5ish. I usually like to show up early and see the crowd grow, so is it okay if I arrive sometime between 5 and 530?

EDIT: NVM, I went back and read the posts again. I'll probably leave here in about half an hour or so, so I should be there between 5 and 530 ^_^ Like I said, I like to show up a little early and watch the crowd grow.

Can't wait, I'm excited...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ziv some of us show up at 4:30, so 5-5:30 is fine.

jesi, darkrain is probably going to sit out on his lawn and enjoy the nice day.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
it's a lil brisk to be able to enjoy a day on the lawn still.....but soon.
Good Games to everybody! I had lots of fun.

DYC we need to play man. This is three times in a row I've been to KC and we haven't played (other than doubles). So next time we play for sure?

I think I got 4th? I'm happy with that :p It's a lot easier to figure out how to improve when I'm playing real people. For one my DI is terrible lol. But I should be around a bit more now so hopefully I'll see some improvement over the coming months.

Thanks to everybody, fun games!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it was great playing you, Ziv, you need to work on your DI. and not getting grabbed out of your firefox :]

we had a really big turnout last night o.o 23 by my count. that's pretty ridiculous, yo. it was tons of fun. DARKRAIN HAD BETTER BRING HIS DONKEY KONG PLUSHIE NEXT WEEK

also I'm pissed at TZ; he wouldnt let me eat before we did our set and then the ****ing bacon pizza that I ORDERED was eaten. i'm gonna kill you next week

Cups

Smash Ace
i have GCSG's Samsonite camera bag i think, and I have Non-Darkrain David's blue tooth ear piece. Stop leaving **** here everyone, make sure you have everything before you leave.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
i have GCSG's Samsonite camera bag i think, and I have Non-Darkrain David's blue tooth ear piece. Stop leaving **** here everyone, make sure you have everything before you leave.
I think I left my sex hat THERE AGAIN!

NO WAYYYYYYY

False alarm. I found it. 'Twas CHEEZY

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Anyone hear about that Revival of Melee tournament?! They had all the big name players out there. Watch the Shiz VS M2K set , soo good.
Old news? :p

Anyone know any guides/sites that I can get into SFIV with? I wanna learn some stuff about the game and maybe get into a few tourneys. Looks fun competitively.

WHY THE **** ARE WE LOCATED IN POOPCHAT? WHAT KIND OF FORUM IS THIS!?

Jace08

Smash Lord
GGs last saturday.

I think there was at least one dude who said he lived in Olathe. If you're reading this, you're welcome to come to our JCCC meetings where we can play some more melee.

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
I won't be at cherry smash this weekend, I'll be leaving for a band competition in Orlando tomorrow morning, and won't be back till monday. I'll see you all next weekend. =)

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Well we might as well cancel since everyone and their mom will be unavailable. Cups isn't comin either.

CHERRY SMASH THIS WEEKEND IS CANCELED DUE TO NO ATTENDANCE

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I'll be in Denver if anyone cares.

Don't worry Z we can party it up. Let's play some DotA.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
dmac, I requested off for the 3rd, 4th and 5th of April for that Indiana tourney. Hopefully I remembered the correct dates that you told me to get off for.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
If I get back from Denver in time I'm also interested in carpullinnnnnnnnnnnnn. Estimated cost and time?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I might be able to go.... I'll see. It's about the same distance as SMYM so I can probably get a yes. I'd have to miss a guitar hero tournament, though. boo hoo

just hope there are enuff seets in da cars

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
I might be able to go.... I'll see. It's about the same distance as SMYM so I can probably get a yes. I'd have to miss a guitar hero tournament, though. boo hoo

just hope there are enuff seets in da cars
Rock Band > Guitar Hero.

Strong bad, you have to evolve first. Play a better char, practice techs, mind game. You must GROW!

Sitting in the corner with your shield on hoping somebody will attack it doesn't always work :p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well we might as well cancel since everyone and their mom will be unavailable. Cups isn't comin either.

CHERRY SMASH THIS WEEKEND IS CANCELED DUE TO NO ATTENDANCE
Strong Bad would come. he's worth 8 people. well if you're canceling it I may be able to host friendlies for anyone who isn't gone at my house (30 or so mins south of KC, depending on where in KC), if enough people express interest i'll set dat **** up.

PC: I am doubly confused. First you commend the Brawl of Rhythm games, and then you.... say I need to evolve/get better/change characters (which is my personal choice) before I can have a good time and get some experience at a tournament? wut is this i don't even

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Strong Bad would come. he's worth 8 people. well if you're canceling it I may be able to host friendlies for anyone who isn't gone at my house (30 or so mins south of KC, depending on where in KC), if enough people express interest i'll set dat **** up.

PC: I am doubly confused. First you commend the Brawl of Rhythm games, and then you.... say I need to evolve/get better/change characters (which is my personal choice) before I can have a good time and get some experience at a tournament? wut is this i don't even
I am simply showing you mind games in it's true form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbjcrte7tjE

LOL GOOD **** Z! get ***** DMAC!

only1Z

Smash Champion
Wtf are you doing pc....

The entire point of a rythm game is to have fun, and rock band has that in spades.

Top Bottom