• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Mr. Bane, our weekly smash meetings are now held at UMKC on Saturday nights in the Cherry Street Residence Hall. The address is:

5030 Cherry Street
Kansas City, MO

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Mr. Bane, our weekly smash meetings are now held at UMKC on Saturday nights in the Cherry Street Residence Hall. The address is:

5030 Cherry Street
Kansas City, MO
Sweet, thanks man. I have Darkrain, DMac, and DYC's phone numbers, so are they going? Or at least one of them in case I need help finding the place or knowing where to park...

Do I need to bring a cube/disc? Money for food/whatever? And who all goes to these now that they're not at Darkrains?

Oh, and what time should i arrive?

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Sweet, thanks man. I have Darkrain, DMac, and DYC's phone numbers, so are they going? Or at least one of them in case I need help finding the place or knowing where to park...

Do I need to bring a cube/disc? Money for food/whatever? And who all goes to these now that they're not at Darkrains?

Oh, and what time should i arrive?
Cube and disk are most likely not needed. Money is good because food runs are frequent, and Cherry Smash lasts lateeee into the night. Usually around 15 people show up, or more. Cups and Markis usually aren't ready until about 5pm, and the majority shows up around 5:30pm-6:00pm

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Cube and disk are most likely not needed. Money is good because food runs are frequent, and Cherry Smash lasts lateeee into the night. Usually around 15 people show up, or more. Cups and Markis usually aren't ready until about 5pm, and the majority shows up around 5:30pm-6:00pm
Sweetness, I'll be there between 5 and 530. I hope there's a good turnout. Does darkrain always go?

papermarkis

Smash Lord
It's not that we aren't ready, we just wait till at least one person shows up till we start setting up. Also PC, I still have your hat.

Bane, all you'll need is money for food. We usually have about 2-3 separate food runs over the course of the night. Sometimes we just put moneys together and order pizza. No one stopped going because it wasn't at Darkrain's anymore, so anyone you remember should be there along with a couple of new faces. Darkrain of course still comes.

Also about the tournament, have we looked at the possibility of using another venue? My church has an almost brand new community center that would be perfect for tourney hosting but I have no idea how much we would need to rent it out.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
It's not that we aren't ready, we just wait till at least one person shows up till we start setting up. Also PC, I still have your hat.

Bane, all you'll need is money for food. We usually have about 2-3 separate food runs over the course of the night. Sometimes we just put moneys together and order pizza. No one stopped going because it wasn't at Darkrain's anymore, so anyone you remember should be there along with a couple of new faces. Darkrain of course still comes.

Also about the tournament, have we looked at the possibility of using another venue? My church has an almost brand new community center that would be perfect for tourney hosting but I have no idea how much we would need to rent it out.
Thanks again! I never knew you were so smart!

What's this about a tourney?? When and where?? ^_^

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^what the ****...

everyone needs to vote Middle Coast in the sticky!!!

roblox

Smash Rookie
ive been looking for people to play some melee with for a while now, is this an open group? and if so can someone pm me with a number to call in case i need help finding where in umkc you all meet?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
we meet in the corner lounge tuesdays from 5-9 and fridays from 1-5. if you dont know where the corner lounge is (lower floor of commons between GEB and Student center) then just get there, call one of us, and we will come get you.

darkrain

Smash Ace
We play MELEE in the dorm basement at UMKC on saturday nights from 6pm to about 2am, sometimes later.

5030 Cherry Street
Kansas City, MO

is the address...you'll have to knock on the door and sign in for "cherry smash" when you get there. If you are serious about coming I can give you my phone number just in case you get lost or something..
feel free to drop by this saturday, we usually do singles and doubles tournaments every weekend.

roblox

Smash Rookie
cool, i may see you guys tuesday. if you want pm me a number to call in case i in fact cannot find where you all are.

darkrain

Smash Ace
The guys at JCCC play brawl predominantly, if you are looking for melee competition you should come to UMKC this Saturday...

roblox

Smash Rookie
and to darkrain, yeah go ahead and send me your number if you would. i wont be there this saturday due to naka con and a birthday, but most likely i will be there next week.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Good **** stealth, I'm proud of you guys... lol
yeah jace pc duck and I usually play melee there, stealth fino arkive & 8bit play brawl (arkive & 8bit play melee some of the time, too). it's pretty even and I'm pretty glad to see the mix, plus most of us melee people can do both JCCC and Cherry Smash.

dmac i found your controller in the ball pit at chuck e cheeses, wanna team this saturday?

Jace08

Smash Lord
Yeah we've had melee 50/50 to Brawl at JCCC for the last five months or so. The truth is, melee wouldn't have existed at all at our meetings if not for Arkive and 8bit showing up one tuesday. 5 months ago, I was pretty much the only melee player there, and I was considering not going anymore for that reason.

But then 8bit's Dk and Arkive's fox wooped my Pichu in melee and since then we've been fortunate to see our melee scene grow. We've sort of converted Duck back to melee, and just two days ago Xion showed and played some melee with us too. Big thanks goes out to PC Chris of course also. Oh and Strong Bad too. Anyway yeah just wanted to say thanks to those people because I'd go crazy waiting a whole week before every cherry smash without people to play with in the middle of the week.

Speaking of this, our next for-fun crew battle at cherry smash should be between the JCCC people vs the other cherry smashers who don't go to JCCC. Except to make it fair we get Darkrain ><

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Oh man I watched that like a few hours after it got posted, and I went in a deep trance.

From what I see...

Mango is the best now.
Scar is a ****ing idiot.
Wife still has a sexy voice.
M2K's voice became a man's voice, and lost all his tech skill.
Jigglypuff is god tier, meaning Markis should be owning Darkrain.
I'm scared of a fruit.
For Mango to be making what was the best player in the world suicide from distraught... what could this mean? Is Mango really that much of a monster?

Oh also, Dmac are you sure that there's going to be a melee tourney at Naka-kon? Or just Brawl?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
that wont be near enough to make it fair lol
if you give me 8 stocks i'll take out everyone.

I'd love to take part in a crew battle... pyro was lame and didn't want to form a young whippersnappers crew at e52 and pwn.
If we'd even up the stocks (maybe have JCCC people go twice) it'd be a pretty fair fight. With Darkrain of course.
Mango could probably take out our whole crew.
i could take him, true story.

Jace: lol I don't play Melee at all throughout the week. medication for school johns.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
honestly it looks like all brawl. the only thing in the itinerary is Smash Bros at 10. and we found some forum or nakacon where people were saying that pit is more broken then mk (wtf????) so it looks like no melee. but idk for sure.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Does the naka-con tourney have a payout? I think I want to make some easy money on noobs who think Pit and Ike **** MK, and think wavedashing is surfer slang.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's $30 to get into naka-kon and the brawl tournament probably won't be very big at all.
i'd advise against it.

darkrain

Smash Ace
I'm teaming jesi while she is town ziv..

Also, any discussions regarding brawl in any way shape or form is severely frowned upon, don't do it yo.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I'll team with you Bane, if you want.
Well I don't want to say yes or no yet, but I don't want to put you on the backburner (so to speak) either =/

I've just always wanted to team with one of either of the above three (excluding darkrain, obviously). Or Dyc or Phat, who always seem to team together. I'm a little out of the loop so I don't really know who teams with who usually, but maybe somebody would want to mix it up a little?

Other than that, tell me a little bit about yourself? Your name, char, ect? My name is Michael, in teams I would go either fox or marth. I've won quite a few singles/doubles tourney in the central valley in Cali (where I'm from), but never did quite so well in either Norcal/Socal. Best I ever did was at a Ken bi-weekly, got 5th in teams with partner TDog (whom some of you met and played), we lost to Ken and Arash, and Taj and Forward. In singles I got 5th, losing to ChuDat and Ken. Sorry lol but I always do better teaming with somebody I know, and since I don't really KNOW anybody from KC very well, this is a start ^_^

Top Bottom