• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

papermarkis

Smash Lord
The real reason to get the Lim RE5 Elite is that all of them are being manufactured with the new Jasper chipset. Hopefully this thing will cut down on the red ring of doom.

edit: still dyc.
Actually, looking at the pricing, the RE5 bundle is actually very cost effective.

Xbox 360 Pro w/ 2 games no one with half a brain gives a crap about: $299.99
Add a $120 value for both games

Xbox 360 Elite w/ those same 2 games: $399.99 plus $120 value for the games

Red Xbox 360 Elite RE5 bundle w/ 2 awesome games (It also comes with HD remix) I would be buying anyway if I got the Pro or regular elite: $399.99

And yes my frequent posting today means I have nothing to do today. Not that I didn't have plans. They just didn't work out.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There is nothing wrong with trying to fit in. I'm just saying maybe scale it back a bit and let it all happen on its own. Because it will if you just let it, we aren't in the habit of turning people away.

Castle Crashers is the **** though.

edit: Still DYC. lol.
ya maybe. constant remarks about my age (which, surprisingly enough, I can't exactly help) don't help, though.

you should play with me, i'm a level 99 red knight and insane mode is still really ticking me off. i wanna get to Desert on Insane so I can cheat more with my Industrialist.
I just simply haven't found the time to create a good competitive team on my Diamond cartridge. Competitive Pokemon is extremely time consuming.
so i herd that PokeSav is useful... it's amusing because my friend ended up stealing my Diamond cartridge and I found pokemon a little too boring to care. =) i'm getting platinum though, maybe if anyone wants to play me they can bring their DS' to Cherry sometime after a few weeks. :)
There is way too much weiner rubbing going on.
you know you like to watch, cups, don't deny it.

also goodburger is one of the greatest movies of all time.

rezo

Smash Apprentice
True statement. Although constantly 3 stocking your Fox with my Falco felt pretty ****ing good.
you see phat, when i'm down 3 stocks to 1 and then come back to win, that actually means that you didn't 3 stock me. you were probably so dazzled by my marth ****** you that you weren't thinking clearly when you typed that. i think that happens a lot, actually. :bee:

numbers confuse phat... discuss

rezo

Smash Apprentice
cake, according these boards i have 20 times as many posts as you. get owned son. i heard about a tourney in indiana. we should go to that lol

Cups

Smash Ace
it is easy to discern that the return of cake means that he was kicked out of bootcamp. Prolly for taking his shirt off too much for no reason.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
PC Chris just made my horrible day awesome by giving me a massive Kenan & Kel nostalgia rush.
kel luvs orange soda, i do i do i do-o~

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
OK guys it looks like the next time I'm going to be able to make it is on the 18th, but MAYBE (if i'm lucky) I can go on the 11th. Hope to see you guys soon...

DYC

Smash Champion
I thought the red rings were already a thing of the past and that they were only happening to launch systems?
If you worked where I work you would know that the red ring of death is anything but a thing of the past. They might claim to have fixed it but it is still hanging around.

Also we have had several cases of the new Jasper units still Red Ringing.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Just another reason I should have taken japanese... the last 4 years of spanish classes have sucked...

In case some of you haven't seen this thread yet it's pretty awesome:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227196

Also, I talked to Duck yesterday and he said that the next available weekend that the Regnier Center was open to host Event 52 was May 30/31. Remember that the 16th & 17th are booked, unfortunately. I didn't ask him about the 23rd/24th, but can if needed.

So, Darkrain and everyone else interested in hosting this tournament, are you alright with the 30/31st? The more notice we can give people in advance the better, as you know.

Also I felt like a huge slacker last tournament because I didn't help with brackets or anything; I know I don't have much hosting experience but I'd still like to help with stuff if you don't mind.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I felt similar to Jace at E-52... If you guys want any help with anything just ask =)

Jesi

Smash Ace
hrm well um uh... we (dark and I ) were looking at a tournament here in dallas on the 23rd of May... that we already said we may attend, I know I probably can't do any of those dates cause my school starts on the 25th...so maybe the 24th but doubtful for me anyway.

Dark I'm not sure, he will be moving down around then but I have no idea when he wants to leave, I'm pretty sure the prospects of a big tournament will probably keep him a little longer if the date suits him...he just left my apartment and is driving back up so you will probably here from him tonight :)

In any case, won't see you guys until May soooo have a good end of March/April ^_^

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've transferred my few competitive Pokémon teams over to Platinum, if someone wants to bring their Pokémon to Cherry Smash I'll play.... just let me know beforehand.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i might not get to go tomorrow. dumb snow. if i do go ill try to remember my ds looll.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
chicken is tasty

you're right, i'm scared to face you in a children's card adventure game... tbh my action replay is on the fritz, so I can't put any teams on my platinum.

:)

only1Z

Smash Champion
I misinterpreted, just bring your **** and as long as the DS' connect to the schools wifi, I'll make it happen.

Cups

Smash Ace
and btw strong bad you were supposed to say "chicken? Nobody calls me chicken." It's okay, the movie was released a decade before you were even born.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
strong bad says what he wants to.

z: my Pearl has two or three teams that i made a long time ago, do you mind playing crappy teams??!
also why would we need to connect to the school's internet? DS' can wirelessly connect w/o WiFi if they're close enough I think.... it's upstairs in the PokeCenters.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Pro **** is to do a wifi battle with lv. 100 settings, so it's completely based on how you leveled them and trained em. Regular battle Only lets you do like 3 v 3 under lv. 30, it's completely ********.

I don't really care about the official tourney rules but, no more then 1 confused/sleep/frozen etc is common courtesy. No legendaries *not how I roll*
But you'll probably hear me ***** a ton if you actually do something smart and strategic :p

****in ^5 cups. Sorry I was asleep when you came strollin around on aim.....now if only i actually slept more then 5 hours.
Strong bad, you're the one initiating the challenge here :p

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Wi-fi battle won't work. Their mac addresses have to be registered with the school's IT department to work with the school's wi-fi network. My DS is not registered and I'm pretty sure their offices are closed on Saturdays.

Top Bottom