• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
That's assuming you place in the top 3. For everyone that isn't expecting to win money, they actually save money by not having to pay the standard $10 entry fees for singles and doubles. Our tournaments are generally seen as smashfests. We've had no problem getting players to travel for them. Just since March we've had players come from Saint Louis, Rolla, Arkansas, Kansas City, and Columbia. Not to mention our scene is split between several cities as well.
I would assume that'd be the reason to go to this tournament, right? To make bank?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I can host on Friday. I'll keep you posted on what time, but I have work off that whole day.

You're invited Mr. Doom :) Everyone else, text me if you want to come and I'll let you know if you make the cool kids cut.

DeLux

So I have to choose between going to Brainshock Beta in Iowa, or Socal Local/Genesis in CA
I can't do both. Right now I'm leaning towards going to Cali because I can visit home,

What's everyones' plans for tournies around that time?

bugexe

Smash Cadet
So I have to choose between going to Brainshock Beta in Iowa, or Socal Local/Genesis in CA
I can't do both. Right now I'm leaning towards going to Cali because I can visit home,

What's everyones' plans for tournies around that time?
absolutely nothing =P

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I would assume that'd be the reason to go to this tournament, right? To make bank?
Right. Go to a tournament in Missouri to make bank. I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not :)

Anyways, like I said this "smashfest" tournament is going to be insanely fun, we'll have tons of tvs, lots of talented smash players, some kind of free food, and an unbeatable atmosphere. For most people, worth the drive. If you don't believe ask the dozen or so players that have already came to a Pathways tournament from out of town.

DeLux

So did anybody want to come out to play tonight? Luke and Michael said they were interested earlier.

DeLux

I don't have my full work schedule yet, but I might be open for Thursday.

I don't have a full 40 hours for the week yet, so that might change. But most likely not

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
No Smash at my place tonight. A few factors including Danny's car situation and my feeling terrible have contributed to me opting out in favor of sleep.

DeLux

I'll ask again. Does anyone have the gray puma bag that was left at Event 52, Battle to End Hunger?
Didn't see this earlier.

I found one with a bunch of electrical equipment inside of it when I was closing up the venue. Is that Nicole's?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Didn't see this earlier.

I found one with a bunch of electrical equipment inside of it when I was closing up the venue. Is that Nicole's?
That actually belongs to Rauleen, but Nicole was to give it to her when she returned to MO. Unfortunately, she left it at the venue...

DeLux

Whenever.

I have the entire day off so I'm good for any time.

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys sorry I've been gone for so long school just ended so I'll be a lot freer to do stuff. Have I missed anything important and Delux can you give me your address because I could possibly go to your house today.

DeLux

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Those stages make me sad that I now main Lucas :(

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yes, please come! That would be awesome!

-1 cool point for Lux...not able to come a tournament that springs up last minute, what a scrub.

DeLux

I don't know how many people are going to go to that since SIIS is also that day :\

DeLux

Yeah, I'm scheduled to work a double shift that Saturday, so I can't do either of them lol

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
I've posted about this way back, but nobody seemed to pay much attention.

My situation is this: I have summer semester hours. I work at a college. I am unavailable to host Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

I had a total of one (1) persons explain that they would be fine with me hosting smashfests on tuesday nights at my place. I'm going to need more interest than that if I'm going to even bother with it.

This schedule will apply for exactly 8 weeks starting on the week of Monday June 6.

Top Bottom