• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Danny, I didn't realize you were a such a NCAABB fan. We should watch a game or two together :) :) :)

gay

Smash Lord
how does the same team winning each year make it bad? i would like to point out that frequently most teams make it farther then that team does in the big dance- big twelve is a VERY good conference and normally underrated because of kansas's dominance
The spectator loses interest when they know who's going to win. Most people will stop watching a game when there's a 30 point difference. Part of the thrill of sports is that you don't know if your team is going to win or not. If you know that you're going to win, then why bother? The same mentality applies going in to watch the game in the first place. The KU game wasn't on standard TV this year and this is probably why.

DeLux

OR it could be that the Big12 sold their tv rights to espn. Possibly. It is.

Mr. Doom = KU fan?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
The spectator loses interest when they know who's going to win. Most people will stop watching a game when there's a 30 point difference. Part of the thrill of sports is that you don't know if your team is going to win or not. If you know that you're going to win, then why bother? The same mentality applies going in to watch the game in the first place. The KU game wasn't on standard TV this year and this is probably why.
we know whos going to win? so thats why ku has been undefeated in conference play the past eight year- OH WAIT we arent. also we almost NEVER open up a thirty point lead in conference. in fact i dont think we ever had a thirty point lead in any conference game this year. your point is moot

we should definitely sometime lux :D if we can keep ourselves from playing brawl that long LOL

DeLux

Man...

That bracket

Such a cluster F

USC last seed in? Over Colorado? Just made the disparity of Big12 vs. Pac10 2 points smaller than it should be.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Good lord. First I'm trying to cross through a maze in search for ever-elusive relevance, and now I'm traversing through the thickest haze. In both cases I have felt blind, pathless, goal-less. What am I looking for? Is there a point to any of this? Why, why am I here? WILL THESE PEOPLE SAY ANYTHING OF VALUE TO ME? Woe to me, for my dwelling place is distant, and I wander through the domiciles of chaos.

CONFIRMATION: Smash tonight at my place Monday 5:30-11:00pm. Directions to my house are on first post.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Woah. I`ve improved alot, and have alot to improve on.

Great games Fino(Dnyce), Raptor, Perfect Duck, Quote, & Scrub. Enjoyed every match.

A little lesson i`ve learned. It doesn`t make a difference what character you main. Despite the millions of advantage/disadvantage situations in this game, and insane predicaments that happen. It`s about commitment. Discovering what your character does best, and what you have to work on. Then sticking through until it`s over, without quitting or giving in. One game at a time.

Smash Lord
GG's everbody. I actually felt like I got a lot done today and probably more than I have since about January. I'm pretty happy.

I'll host Thursday Friday.

If anyone requests so, I can move it to either Wednesday or Friday. I'm sticking with Thursday at the moment since it gives 2 days notice and I figured people do things on Fridays.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ggs guys, lots of fun :D

you have definitely improved significantly rockstar, but your main problem is you are too aggressive. sometimes you gotta get that fear aura with your attacks going, bait us into dodging one of your attacks and punishing it

BPx

Smash Lord
Haven't seen you cats in awhile, are you coming to the next Aura's? I know you said you might be going to Jokers this weekend, but I'll be at WHOBO :[ Are you still playing Wario, Lux?

DeLux

I dabble a little bit. I mainly play MK/TL/Yoshi/Lucas now atm though

Not trolling, haven't touched ICs in almost a week

BPx

Smash Lord
Oh, thats cool. I'm staying with Hylian waiting to go to WHOBO right now, I still suck that the climbers MU, haha. Working on it, though. Hopefully I'll see you guys before we come down to your tourney :D

Smash Lord
GG's everbody. I actually felt like I got a lot done today and probably more than I have since about January. I'm pretty happy.

I'll host Thursday Friday.

If anyone requests so, I can move it to either Wednesday or Friday. I'm sticking with Thursday at the moment since it gives 2 days notice and I figured people do things on Fridays.
More input on this please. I want this scheduled ASAP.

DeLux

@ Quote - I work and have a smash commitment at the Library on Friday.

@ BPx - you still owe me Wario Dittos. I actually got a lot of practice with the character at WGF in January. So when I try, he's kind of hit or miss for me. I might start playing him seriously a little bit though just because of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2NYvJJ-_Vw

BPx

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I love Wario dittos! I won't grab release you this time, I was just salty... You know how it is. Whats WGF? I really just got 'decent' at Joker's last monthly, and have been steadily improving since. These are a bit outdated, but some fairly good sets. I was partnerless, so I teamed with Blank, who hasn't played in forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YWZQGilmAg&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slIJj5dk3sY&feature=relmfu (I have a really great string on Joker at the end of this one)

I'm going to record all of my matches @ WHOBO, and upload them when I get back. I think I'm doing a few things that a lot of Warios aren't right now (bite lolo).

DeLux

Wintergamesfest in San Diego. It was fun but I made a few enemies apparently. And some friends. But mostly enemies.

And wtf dawg. Grab Release the **** out of me. I play Ice Climbers.

BPx

Smash Lord
That sounds like a blast, how'd you make enemies? Also, I'm really bored and I feel like this is going to turn into a convo, wanna just hop on AIM?

DeLux

I don't have AIM. That's why I quit counterstrike. I skype.

But yeah, don't want to talk about that debacle too much.

Can't worry about the past cause that was yesterday.
I'm gonna put it all on the line because it's my time

DeLux

Anyone want to do a whobo watch party/ small $3-5 tournament at my apartment Saturday?

I got work off for Iowa, but it's way too far of a drive for the expected turnout (nobody has confirmed with me exactly who's going so I am sad).

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm going to Iowa.

Also, way to not PM me back Lux, that was the most important message I've sent since I asked Mew2King if he wanted to Mega Man Money Match me :0

DeLux

I didn't respond because I don't want to take your money in an LOZ: OOT Speed run MM. That's just robbery

Who else is going to IA?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I really don't know, Tyser might go but Joker dropping melee makes the rest of Nebraska not want to go. Oh, GameGenie too probably, I haven't talked to him yet about it. Should probably make a post about it now.

Mizzu might be coming, idk, it's mostly Jokers birthday party.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
All of Iowa, including some guy who is back from Iraq is going to be there. Like ALL of Iowa I think. IDK about MO, I'll ask.

DeLux

Who is in ALL of Iowa. BPx isn't there, and he's the only player that I know

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Joker, Blank, Pcity, Jlo, GregDang, idk who else. Joker and Pcity are top class and Blank and JLO would be if they played brawl more.

DeLux

IDK dude. I might not be able to hack it with the players there. Our top tier is Dnyce who is a girl, Stealth Raptor who isn't a girl, and Rockstar who plays a bad character Stone* of the Red Team.

I don't want to go to just lose

Not worth it :\

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Fi...I mean the girl is really good, Raptor plays Pikachu so I hate him and Rockstar makes sweet combo videos so he's probably gotten you ready for the big time.

The point of traveling is to play superior talent if you suck, and if you are good it's to showcase your skills against people and try and take the money.

DeLux

I'll make you a combo video to showcase my talent.

We could do my bracket matches by wifi and call it good :)

Top Bottom