• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I gave up rage quitting for Lent. But then today happened. The combo video ><

Now I need to find a new vice to give up.

Smash Lord
I hope I wake up tomorrow and today was all just a dream and Rockstar will still have his dignity, Ensis will still have his rage building, Fino would still have his money matches, Stealth would have his unparalled random memory, and I would still have my SquivyT.
What? Ensis Rages?

@Mr. Doom-- I don't have my console hacked. If they are there I'll have someone pull it for me. Do you just want someone to upload it or do you just want someone to nab it the next time I'm in Wichita.

I'm probably not going to be down there this weekend. Aside from needing money, I honestly need a weekend off from everything to lower my overload meter. The last month has been pretty crazy for me.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I'd prefer to upload them myself. Perhaps if you do have them you could copy them onto an SD card and have ENSiS copy them onto his laptop, and then he can send them to me.

...Whatever works. Just find a way to get 'em to me. Thx

DeLux

Where or where has my SquivyT gone, oh where oh where can he be?

His whereabouts now are such a mystery

Oh where oh where can he be?

:)

DeLux

But I can ftilt > uair string repeatedly with MK apparently. True combo

DeLux

lol, I meant against Quote. My counter strategy using MK was to walk up to him doing Ftilt 1 > Ftilt 2 > Ftilt 3 > Uair > Uair > Uair > Shuttle loop. More or less.

MK is more broken than chaingrabs

Smash Lord
lol, I meant against Quote. My counter strategy using MK was to walk up to him doing Ftilt 1 > Ftilt 2 > Ftilt 3 > Uair > Uair > Uair > Shuttle loop. More or less.

MK is more broken than chaingrabs
Combos = cooler and better than chaingrabs. And I can actually get out of it if I ever learn how to DI/air dodge.

DeLux

If you can get out of it, it isn't a combo... A chain grab is a combo

DeLux

Can you name other guaranteed combo's in brawl that aren't chain grabs?

Smash Lord
Can you name other guaranteed combo's in brawl that aren't chain grabs?
*says **** this and goes to play some smash 64*

lies.

(ninja'd)
PSI.kick, is there any chance you could start showing up again any time soon/gooing to tournaments?

EDIT:
Oh wait, there's kirby's kirby's F-throw --> U-air on a number of characters. Diddy's bananna lock, Falco's laser lock and a few of Snake's footstooling + explosives shenanigans. Actually a lot of his explosives combo if lines up correctly, but most people don't walk into them.

DeLux

Let me restate

How many true combo's can you name that are three hits or more?

You brought up a Banana assisted one and a lock. A whole ton of characters have locks. What makes those more appealing than a CG?

Smash Lord
How many true combo's can you name that are three hits or more?

You brought up a Banana assisted one and a lock. A whole ton of characters have locks. What makes those more appealing than a CG?
Valid point.

Also, I'm not sure that olimar's n-air to u-smash connects. I think I remember Fino saying that it didn't on a different thread somewhere.

I guess Snake can pull some 3+hit combos, but the opponent has to be pretty dumb.

I don't know if any of you are into basketball or not. But I just got done watching the Washinton - Arizona game. If you can, you guys should watch the last minute and a half of regulation + overtime. Craziest game I've seen in years and easily on par with the KU championship game from a few years back.

DeLux

How could it be on par with the KU National Championship? One is the Pac10 tournament in a year where the Pac10 is terrible. The other is the ONLY year in NCAA Tournament history where the Final Four was All Number 1 seeded teams in bracket.

I haven't even watched, but the context alone makes me question the validity of that statement.

Smash Lord
How could it be on par with the KU National Championship? One is the Pac10 tournament in a year where the Pac10 is terrible. The other is the ONLY year in NCAA Tournament history where the Final Four was All Number 1 seeded teams in bracket.

I haven't even watched, but the context alone makes me question the validity of that statement.
Good team + good team =/= a good game. And the OT in this game wasn't a team so thoroughly demoralized that they couldn't play at the same level they were at before. Probably the best clutch playing I've ever seen. It's worth you're time.

DeLux

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The fact that's it's the NCAA Championship game that goes into overtime with the context I outlined makes it a great game...

Like in the top 10 of greatest college basketball games ever played. That's not bias on a KU student's part either. That's what most sports writer's would say too.

What if I wanted to watch two teams of ******* trying to hump a door knob, but are super evenly matched at door knob humping in terms of skill. And at the end, one ****** pulls a clutch hump and blows away the opposition via ejaculation. Does that make it a good game?

No, it's still ********. Like the Pac10. It's ********.

Smash Lord
lux wins the thread. sorry qoute. also completely not a biased KU fan afk
Whatever. I'll link to uploads with times when they start showing up on youtube. All that's on right now is the buzzer shot at the end. What I really want to show is the last minute or two of regulation. It wasn't just a bunch of random shots either so I don't think the ****** analogy applies.

DeLux

TLDR - The Pac10 is ********. Long live the Big 12. Rock Chalk

DeLux

Haters gonna hate

League RPI would beg to differ too.
Wait until we see which league has more bids tomorrow. When it's like 6 to 2-3, I'll be okay with playing in a ******** league that's tournament viable.

Not that statistics would matter or anything.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
how does the same team winning each year make it bad? i would like to point out that frequently most teams make it farther then that team does in the big dance- big twelve is a VERY good conference and normally underrated because of kansas's dominance

Top Bottom