• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
It took me 3 minutes of study before I realised there's nothing funny in fino's post. Magnifying the same thing a bunch of times was funny the first ten times it happened in Cyanide and Happiness.

CONFIRMATION: Smash at my place at the regular time 5:30pm-11:00pm today Monday night. Directions to my house have not moved from their eternal resting place at the first post of this thread.

I hope people are coming this time, it would be tragic (unless you're Danny) for my mom to make another brownie double batch for just one person.

Dnyce

Smash Master
It took me 3 minutes of study before I realised there's nothing funny in fino's post. Magnifying the same thing a bunch of times was funny the first ten times it happened in Cyanide and Happiness.

I hope people are coming this time, it would be tragic (unless you're Danny) for my mom to make another brownie double batch for just one person.
Lux referred to Averil/MJG as "sword"
Averil/MJG recently changed his name on swf to "Ensis"
"Ensis" is latin for sword

Though, it's flattering you expect all my posts to be funny and analyze them when they fail to meet that expectation :awesome:

I'll be there ;o (though I'm not sure for how long =/ )

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I was going to try to come tonight. But now I'm not going to try anymore. Because I don't want to now.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

Aka told Danny I was coming. But I don't feel so hot right now while at work. And I have a bunch of intership crap I need to take care of later tonight.

And while we're talking about Latin, if I call Ensis "sword", you all can call me "light".
I approve of the latin :) :) :)

If we ever teamed in anything, our team could be called Lightsaber LOL

MJG

Smash Hero
I was going to try to come tonight. But now I'm not going to try anymore. Because I don't want to now.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

Aka told Danny I was coming. But I don't feel so hot right now while at work. And I have a bunch of intership crap I need to take care of later tonight.

And while we're talking about Latin, if I call Ensis "sword", you all can call me "light".
I approve of the latin :) :) :)

If we ever teamed in anything, our team could be called Lightsaber LOL
Done

Toogood.

DeLux

Or, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. With the TL and MK power.

Jedi Mind Tricks.

Something like that.

Must. Work. On. MK. To Live the Dream

Smash Lord

Lux referred to Averil/MJG as "sword"
Averil/MJG recently changed his name on swf to "Ensis"
"Ensis" is latin for sword
Why is this random knowledge known.

(Lux), Is that Latin thing how you thought up your name, or is it from something else.

I'll be there today for sure. Hopefully I'll get there before seven.

EDIT:
Just saw this thread and got a good laugh out of it.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298451

DeLux

echoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Did the KC scene just die?

DeLux

whoa whoa whoa pump the brakes

Danny recruited me

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. III (One of the South's largest fighting game tournaments) is coming up on April 2nd at Conway Gaming Center in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~120 people at this tournament featuring games such as Melee, Brawl, Project: M, SSF4, BB:CS, Tekken 6, Arcana Heart 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and more! The Smash portion of the event will be run by Smashboard's own VTS and we will have a recording station available for you to record whichever matches you deem necessary (just work it out with the station manager). If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread where you can find more details about the event located at http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298654. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

DeLux

But he's moving. They won't be in the local area.

PS: I'm moving too

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
how about the person who is close to a breakthrough to a high level and now everyone who is decently good is moving away or quitting. noone is more angry then i am at this

DeLux

whoa whoa whoa pump the brakes.

Who said anything about quitting?
Bring the Rage

And why are you guys getting mad?
The only good people that are leaving/have left are Ensis and Fino. I am bad. Jason is bad too :) :) :) 8<

Smash Lord
Recruitment. Seriously. It's the only way to get up back on the map.

(lux), you're going to need to teach me everything you know about IC's before you leave.

The same goes for Fino and his main.

DeLux

what do you want to know?

Like how to beat them? Or how to play them?

Common perception is that you can't secondary IC's UNLESS you use them for specific matchups only.

I'll know when I'm gone and for how long in 3 weeks.

And don't forget, I'm bad at them anyways. So my knowledge is unapplicable.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
it does and i would rather avoid it if possible now

sadly its not possible now LOL

im working hard just to get rid of my old wifi habits, i dont really want to add more or reinforce more :/

DeLux

I don't know where else to go with it though.

After the "How to Deal with Pressure while CGing" thread, there isn't much else place left to go but down :(

Smash Lord
what do you want to know?

Like how to beat them? Or how to play them?

Common perception is that you can't secondary IC's UNLESS you use them for specific matchups only.

I'll know when I'm gone and for how long in 3 weeks.

And don't forget, I'm bad at them anyways. So my knowledge is unapplicable.
Everything means everything. How to beat them is a good place to start though.

Top Bottom