• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Oh awesome. I've been thinking of learning how to play Yoshi. If you ever play when I'm there you should teach me. I love learning from the best :)

lol Danny, we should Main Icon match each other. Winner picks the icon of the character on the losers profile :) :) :)

DeLux

ya i'll MM you, make it $10, i'm confident in my skills :):):)

ya lux i got you

I don't want to MM you for $10. I went to Pound and tried to play Poltergust, but he was always playing someone else whenever I found him so I couldn't get the Yoshi exp to be ready for you.

Yoshi is a bad matchup for my character

DeLux

Manhattan is in New York.

I'd rather you teach me. I've been wanting to figure out when to use Dragonic Reversal as a mixup to the shorthop Bair/Dair game. But so far I've mostly been doing Egg Toss camping to Pivot grabbing their approaches.

I just sort of feel like I have a hard time getting the kill though, especially since Yoshi's OoS game is so bad because you can't jump cancel shield drop. Would using Dragonic be a viable kill setup as a mixup from pivot grabbing on approach?

And when would it be good to do a read and put egglay in as a dragonic mixup?

MJG

Smash Hero

I'd rather you teach me. I've been wanting to figure out when to use Dragonic Reversal as a mixup to the shorthop Bair/Dair game. But so far I've mostly been doing Egg Toss camping to Pivot grabbing their approaches.

I just sort of feel like I have a hard time getting the kill though, especially since Yoshi's OoS game is so bad because you can't jump cancel shield drop. Would using Dragonic be a viable kill setup as a mixup from pivot grabbing on approach?

And when would it be good to do a read and put egglay in as a dragonic mixup?
utrolly

DeLux

Oh. Well if you're just going to make fun of me for asking a legitimate question dude, then I don't need your help :mad:

DeLux

Those boards were generally unhelpful to me. Do you have any recent vids of you playing so I can emulate your play style?

Smash Lord
HOLY ------
Literally fell out of my chair from this. Alright maybe it's not that funny but god I laughed so hard.

Perfect troll minus the fact that MJG said Manhattan KS.

Don't troll me dude. I know you know.
God it got even better still.

tech skill

(Lux), you're such a jerk.

any1 in topeka????
Tell you what. Topeka is on the way to Wichita. If you want to go to Mr. Doom's tournament, text/call me/post here tomorrow and have 15 bucks I'll give you a ride there and back.

Yeah. You don't really know me, but that doesn't matter. If it saves me 5 bucks I'll do it.

My number is 913 704 7907.

Also if you're into melee. I know someone that plays there.

I'm moving my smashfest to 3 PM tomorrow. I need to run to the bank after dealing with school stuff.

MJG, I'm going to need your phone number for when I pick you up.

DeLux

Oh well if you ***** cheese you would definitely **** me. He and I played in tourney this one time and it did not go oh so well for me.

He is much better than I am and you would dominate me.

Smash Lord
Ugh, I'm looking outside right now and I'm strongly thinking about cancelling right now. If this stuff isn't strongly cleared up by later tonight, then I'm not going.

I'm extremely unhappy right now. If I get much more irritable, I may just cancel outright.

Right now **** is piling up like none other. I have a mountain of homework that I'm not sure I can do in one day, snow is a *****, people are a *****, snow is a *****, I haven't had some things checked out on the car yet, only two other people are going, the price of going is steep for what I want and I'm out of practice to the point where I'm likely to get knocked out in the second round again, I'm the only one who can drive, and to top things off you guys aren't even helping me with the pickup.

I need a really ****ing good reason to be driving 8 hours tomorrow.

EDIT: I didn't put spoiler tags around an angry rant like I usually do. Sorry for those who would complain.

Smash Lord
Unless someone convinces me otherwise. We're not going tomorrow. Because of ^^, and the fact that I don't have things organized yet, and not having a good enough incentive to go. Go ahead and sleep in.

Also if anyone is actually planning on coming to my place, tell me. Since there seems to be little interest, I'm highly considering cancelling my smashfest.

DeLux

If I get off work tomorrow, I'll go. I have a certain theorycraft battle that needs to be tested against a certain unwinnable matchup.

but the chances of me getting work covered on a saturday night is about the equivalent of the IC TL matchuo

MJG

Smash Hero
Ugh, I'm looking outside right now and I'm strongly thinking about cancelling right now. If this stuff isn't strongly cleared up by later tonight, then I'm not going.

I'm extremely unhappy right now. If I get much more irritable, I may just cancel outright.

Right now **** is piling up like none other. I have a mountain of homework that I'm not sure I can do in one day, snow is a *****, people are a *****, snow is a *****, I haven't had some things checked out on the car yet, only two other people are going, the price of going is steep for what I want and I'm out of practice to the point where I'm likely to get knocked out in the second round again, I'm the only one who can drive, and to top things off you guys aren't even helping me with the pickup.

I need a really ****ing good reason to be driving 8 hours tomorrow.
LOL

Such an unneeded angry post XD.

I sent you a text awhile ago quote.

Top Bottom