• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Smash Lord
Man, I took a look at this and thought that I hit the Wichita thread.

Dont hold last time against me. Ha. Im definently free for Saturday.

MJG. Count on it.
He won't, but I will. You owe me cancellation fees for not coming last time.

not really

Seriously though, don't bail on me this time. Trip funding is important.

MJG

Smash Hero
Man, I took a look at this and thought that I hit the Wichita thread.

He won't, but I will. You owe me cancellation fees for not coming last time.

not really

Seriously though, don't bail on me this time. Trip funding is important.
This..all of this.

I will be in town at 1 PM on friday but I will probably be doing a lot of stuff outside of smash. If someone is hosting friday, I MIGHT show up but don't count on it.

I need to get some things for college, spend time with the family, etc.

Smash Lord
This..all of this.

I will be in town at 1 PM on friday but I will probably be doing a lot of stuff outside of smash. If someone is hosting friday, I MIGHT show up but don't count on it.

I need to get some things for college, spend time with the family, etc.
I'll host on Friday. Start time will be decided later, but it will probably be something like 2:00.

Smash Lord
If you want to make a hype video, you should grab the end that scrub (samus) vs. Me (kirby) video from Monday. Skill gaps aside, the end of that game was just stupid.

You should also ask around for good recordings. I guarantee that there are good ones out there.

Smash Lord
For some of the bigger tournaments like pound, videos are put together from previous tournaments and edited/collected to show the good things that have happened in the past and the people who have shown. It generates hype and gets more people to come. It has to be good stuff though. It can't just be easy 1-2 hits or a simple hard read. It's got to be real players and good ones at that and preferably tournament matches. MM's could probably work too.

We'd probably have to dig into previous tournament footage though. I honestly don't know what we can pull off the top of my head though.

On a side note I don't know what kind of equipment I'd need for this, but I want to record and upload as much as is physically possible. I'm not expecting to have streaming or anything, but it's a good way to establish KC as a tournament center and show how we can run a solid tournament.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I don't think we want to be uploading videos yet of us playing. Based on observation, it'll only get us laughed at.

Smash Lord
I don't think we want to be uploading videos yet of us playing. Based on observation, it'll only get us laughed at.
Kinda obvious. I thought that I didn't need to say it.

Seriously though, I do want a lot of in tournament recording going on. I'd love to be able to work with streaming/commentary.

Don't ridicule me for asking, but do I need in order to capture/upload all of this stuff. I also want answers to the same question regarding streaming.

Smash Lord
Weekend updates:

These people want to go:
Rockstar
MJG
Me
Ares
Rick

Please confirm if you are able to go today or tomorrow. I want to plan ahead. When you confirm make absolutely sure that nothing can get in your way of going outside of transportation trouble.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Well for recording, you would need a capture card. And a hacked wii with infinite replay on. I think if you wanted to live stream, you would need a splitter.

Then you would need capture software on your computer, but most of the time the capture card will come with it.

Then you can signup with one of the half dozen streaming services online for free. I think. I haven't live streamed personally.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yeah. I had planned to say something mean, but I changed my mind.

Uploadings not difficult. Mr. Doom, i`m assuming I can save a 3+ minute vid on your wii`s right? If so, I can record plenty
I thought that would be obvious, given the many videos on YouTube of Brawl I have which are longer than three minutes. But I figured I'd be the one uploading the important sets, i.e. Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals.

Well for recording, you would need a capture card. And a hacked wii with infinite replay on. I think if you wanted to live stream, you would need a splitter.

Then you would need capture software on your computer, but most of the time the capture card will come with it.

Then you can signup with one of the half dozen streaming services online for free. I think. I haven't live streamed personally.
Pretty much all of what you said. Fortunately, I have all the necessary items assembled, so I can do live-stream. The problem is if anyone would watch my live-stream. >(

Oh yeah. Please play your sets when Serperior I order you to. I'd prefer the MMs to be played on the big grey TV. You can't miss it. If I remember to do so, I'll have a force save replay hack on my Wii.

Smash Lord

Oh yeah. Please play your sets when Serperior I order you to. I'd prefer the MMs to be played on the big grey TV. You can't miss it. If I remember to do so, I'll have a force save replay hack on my Wii.
Important. I don't feel like getting back to my house at like 3 am again.

And in other news. This whether..... Potential problems. I heard that it's supposed to snow on Saturday too. I'll keep you guys updated.

Smashfest at my place tomorrow at 2:00.

Address:
7221 Lafayette Ave.
Kansas City, KS 66109

Smash Lord
???????????????????
Yeah, snow, didn't see this one coming. I thought it was spring already given the last few weeks. Make sure you let me know how the drive up here was (will be) like tomorrow. That will probably be a big factor on whether or not we have to cancel. If it's like this on Saturday, I probably won't go.

MJG

Smash Hero
Yeah, snow, didn't see this one coming. I thought it was spring already given the last few weeks. Make sure you let me know how the drive up here was (will be) like tomorrow. That will probably be a big factor on whether or not we have to cancel. If it's like this on Saturday, I probably won't go.
I am not talking about the "weather" but I will let you know.

You said something about "outside of transportation" and I am still looking for a reason as to why you said that...unless that is what you were referring to

Smash Lord
I am not talking about the "weather" but I will let you know.

You said something about "outside of transportation" and I am still looking for a reason as to why you said that...unless that is what you were referring to
Sorry if I wasn't clear. This is referring to the chance that someones car gives out on them, or if we get snowed in under six feet of snow etc.

Smash Lord
(mj voice)

WE OUT.
Does this mean you can't make it? Ugh the price of going just jumped like ten bucks.

@rockstar, the easiest thing to do would probably be have MJG pick you up and drive to my house.

I realize this is wishful thinking, but it's the most convenient to get things to work. I-70 is a 3 minute drive from my house. Pretty much any other route ends with up either driving out of our way or piddling though Lawrence from K10. If this doesn't work, let me know.

I want to be out of KC by at least 9 if at all possible.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
Well when i first mentioned it i said we were interested in this tourney, nothing else. But appearantly as always, it fell through.

Top Bottom