• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I leave for Supercon late tonight. It sounds like a bunch of us from our scene are showing, so wish us all luck

Two days until we gotta go hard

Smash Lord
^^ not making me happy.

So affinity shows up in KC and no one feels like hosting. God we've gotta be better than this.

For future reference, if I were to host something in KCK or Leavenworth(practically Lansing), would anyone actually come? I just don't want this kind of thing to happen again.

Smash Lord
For future reference, if I were to host something in KCK or Leavenworth(practically Lansing), would anyone actually come? I just don't want this kind of thing to happen again.
Any takers or definite no's on this.

This is only an as necessary kind of thing like if X comes into town or if X can't host so it's not going to be on obscure days or anything.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
lets see, who could have hosted? i cant because A) parents B) work. who else would have been able? also note fino, mjg, and lux were at supercon

and possibly, blake got back in yesterday, expect brawl tomorrow

Smash Lord
lets see, who could have hosted? i cant because A) parents B) work. who else would have been able? also note fino, mjg, and lux were at supercon

and possibly, blake got back in yesterday, expect brawl tomorrow
If Blake can host something today, I might be able to bring a friend out. Just let me know as early as possible whether its on or not. He has a curfew of 11:00 and its a long *** drive back and forth.

Smash Lord
Idk about you but it looks like its about to rain.
Hey a day that you can mow for three hours without sweating is a good day. 79- degrees is something to be happy about and I'm not an optimistic person.

I'm leaving now, but haven't heard anything from Blake yet. If he's not back yet, it's canceled etc. Someone call me so that I don't waste the gas.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
I said that I'd be gone for two meetings, not three. Lol? I didn't expect there to be so much doubt that nobody would come last tuesday. Oh well.

Anyways, although I haven't seen any discusison on this board concerning meeting times during this next semester, I've heard from Stealth that the general consensus is for mondays. Now's a really good time for anyone who has a problem with monday to speak up. Next smashfest at my house is Monday Aug 23 from 5:00pm (no sooner, I'm driving from Lawrence) to 11:00pm

Smash Lord
I said that I'd be gone for two meetings, not three. Lol? I didn't expect there to be so much doubt that nobody would come last tuesday. Oh well.

Anyways, although I haven't seen any discusison on this board concerning meeting times during this next semester, I've heard from Stealth that the general consensus is for mondays. Now's a really good time for anyone who has a problem with monday to speak up. Next smashfest at my house is Monday Aug 23 from 5:00pm (no sooner, I'm driving from Lawrence) to 11:00pm
Just as a note, I know that this sounds dumb, but if something is happening at X's house, for my sake, actually post something about it the day of. I'm not going to show up to any smashfests unless I have confirmation that the event will be on from the person who's running it. I don't have AC in my car and refuse to drive for 2 hours in this kind of heat to a cancelled event.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Confirmation: Smash today at my house, 12611 w. 81st Terrace Lenexa KS 66215, from 5pm to 11pm. I'm squeezing my schedule tight starting it this soon and may in fact be arriving late, but I've told Stealth to be there at 5. We'll see how that goes.

Also, my room is a mess because my brother has been sorting all of his crap. He hasn't 100% moved out of the house and a lot of his stuff is scattered in my room, lol. Just pretend it's not there.

Smash Lord
Confirmation: Smash today at my house, 12611 w. 81st Terrace Lenexa KS 66215, from 5pm to 11pm. I'm squeezing my schedule tight starting it this soon and may in fact be arriving late, but I've told Stealth to be there at 5. We'll see how that goes.

Also, my room is a mess because my brother has been sorting all of his crap. He hasn't 100% moved out of the house and a lot of his stuff is scattered in my room, lol. Just pretend it's not there.
Thanks for this.

Smash Lord
I can't be there today. Had a really bad day. Details below in spoilers to protect those that don't give a ****.

So I set my alarm clock to 5:30 since I needed to get to school early. Well, go figure, I oversleep and someone wakes me up at 6. Things are still okay at this point. I just had to hurry and get my *** out the door. I tried to do that and when it comes to getting all the things I was supposed to have, I keep remebering I need this and that and eventually I'm set up so that I barely get up to my first class on time.

Except that didn't happen. The parking lot is packed and I have to park like a quarter mile away even though it's only a minute or two before 8. That brings me up to just about the minimum time to make me late for my first class. Due to the class's late/absence policies, what would normally be a tardy = shut out absence.

By the way, I needed to be up at school early today to get some paperwork for scholarships. It turns out that half the paperwork that I needed was never given to me. So now I'll have to go another day without books. It turns out one of my parents was a genius and only got the paperwork for one scholarship when asked for "all" of my paperwork.

Well, now I have about half an hour to burn before my next class. I tried to catch some sleep since I had the genius idea of staying up too late last night. That didn't exactly help or work out. Anyway my next class starts and I spend the greater part of the hour working on a practice test for a completion grade. The thing must be completed as a contiguous segment or it has to be taken again in its entirety. Class ends while its halfway done. Even though I had the next hour off, I was just too tired. So I closed off the test and went home to take a nap.

Get this, I overslept twice in the same day. I think I'm fine until I get in the parking lot. The thing is packing so I had to do a fair amount of searching to find a parking spot. In the process, this dumb**** decides to drive 3 miles an hour to look for a parking spot while in front of me. It took me several minutes to get around this dude. By the time I was done, I was almost in road rage mode.

This teacher also happens to be a fan of late --> shutouts although not as extreme. If it's in the first five minutes, he makes you wait a bit and let's you in and makes you feel like crap for walking in late. The worst part of it all is that last week, this person basically told me to be a role model.

Anyway, I got to play a decent amount of music but almost everyone I'm playing with is out of tune, doing a bad job of sightreading, etc. This does include myself. By the end of the day I realize just how bad of a musician I am.

Class finishes up and I decide to head out to Blake's house. For starters I manage to make a wrong turn on to I-70 in one of the places with road construction so I get stuck going 40 miles an hour for a bit when I turn around. I finally get on 435 and I consciously thought to myself that the day couldn't get much worse. I mean the worst that will happen is that I get lost. Then I look at how much gas I have left. It's showing empty. I don't make it all the way and run out. Lucky me. I had to wait more than an hour in this **** wheather without AC (yes I know that I ***** about this a lot, apoligies for that) before I got someone to bring gas. After that I just gave up.

Thanks for listening.

chiknfingaz

Smash Rookie
hi

Hi everyone,

I'm in my 5th semester at JCCC and have been looking for a while for people to play smash with. I play Melee mostly, and a good bit of 64..I hate brawl. But I'm down for whatever. Should I just show up at that address on Mondays? Anything special I need to know?

Smash Lord
YESSSSSSSS more 64 players. Absolutely ecstatic right now. If you play 64 you should be fine. Both me and Blake play all three games, so you shouldn't have to worry about only playing brawl.

By the way are any of the melee groups still planning on going back to JCCC?

Smash Lord
hey now i also play smash 64 >:(

and no, they have like 2-3 meetings a week now it seems like. and i dont know if smash is going to be returning to jccc at all
Can't say that I remember the last time I saw you play 64 :chuckle:
But yeah, you play it. I just want to see the day where somehow I manage to see 3 complete 64 setups being played at once. It's just such a shame that growing the 64 crowd is so hard. all the easy 0-death, 0-high damage, and mid damage to death combos make it one of the coolest fighting games out there.

@2-3 meetings- I thought that that was because it was summer though.

By the way, if the rest of the melee people decide not to go back, the name of this thread should change.

Top Bottom