• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
to hacking your wii? nintendo doesnt like it, and if you have updated your wii to a recent version, it may not work, and will need to downgrade your wii to an earlier version. the benefits from hacking are limitless though. i would check the workshop area of smashboards, which is a subforum of the GBD. it has everything for hacking

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I've decided that my schedule permits me to host on Tuesdays in Lawrence. Ideally it would be from 2 until 730 pm, minus a few weird scheduling work days. if there is any interest from KC at all, let me know. Otherwise I am going to be building a rival Lawrence scene =]

Dnyce

Smash Master
I've decided that my schedule permits me to host on Tuesdays in Lawrence. Ideally it would be from 2 until 730 pm, minus a few weird scheduling work days. if there is any interest from KC at all, let me know. Otherwise I am going to be building a rival Lawrence scene =]
HELLL YEAAAHH.

I'll be apart of both crews... *sunglasses*

but I have work next tuesday :(

Dnyce

Smash Master
wont be there this monday (monday night hope opener at arrowhead YEAAAAAAYUS) and possibly not next.
Will you *** to Lux's thing on tuesday?

Next Monday will be the last chance for practice for SLAST. Everything else will have to be scheduled separately from Blake's.

Smash Lord
So yeah, I found out something interesting over the weekend. I ran into one of my friends that I haven't seen in a while. He used to play smash, so a bit before summer hit, I told him about the meetings up at JCCC. It turns out that he went and checked it out a week or two ago and there are actually people up there. I haven't played them so I have no idea how good they are, but I'm seeing potential new people. Someone might want to check this out.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
I commute to KU from Lenexa 5 days a week. My KU class schedule has me get out at 3:45 on tuesdays. I'll come for sure for the latter half.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ive already heard through jason that there are a bunch of smash players actually going to jccc currently (where the **** were they when we were there lolol) and i told him to send them our way. if someone wants to go and see if any are interested in competitive play go ahead. i really am not interested in going back :/

Dnyce

Smash Master
ive already heard through jason that there are a bunch of smash players actually going to jccc currently (where the **** were they when we were there lolol) and i told him to send them our way. if someone wants to go and see if any are interested in competitive play go ahead. i really am not interested in going back :/
Well, I'm going to JCCC. Who is Jason... and where is this pool of smashers?

Smash Lord
I don't know when, but I might see if I can do something with it. Do you have any clue when they meet? If I'm not really doing much, I could run down there some day. The people that you guys have problems with I managed to get along with the few times when I talked with them so a blood feud isn't likely.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Confirmation: Smash at my house 12611 W. 81st Terrace Lenexa KS 66215 today, Monday, at 5:30pm; everyone out by 11:00pm.

I'll try not to spend so much time on my computer this time.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
Oh awesome, totally forgot about smashfest monday. Was thinking you were gone (but that was last monday). I'll be there around 6-630.

Smash Lord
Probably not going to be there. My aunt is in from Michigan this week and I think I have a paper to write today.

I'm also trying to relearn just about everything in the game it's about the only thing I can think of to break my bad habits. It's taking an ungodly amount of patience. Every time I play something that isn't a computer I start to revert to my bad playing.

DeLux

Sorry guys, I'm out today. My class has a guest speaker and it's not worth the gas money seeing how I quit one of my two jobs last night. However, I'm willing to host tomorrow in Lawrence if you want some IC's practice. PM me for address info and such.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Well... danny, lux, and quote can't make it... if it's just going to be me and anx + some 64 stuff going on I guess I'll leave early so I can study for a psych test. Still need some SLAST prep.

DeLux

So what's the status for tomorrow? I haven't heard from anyone other than PD.

One of the benefits of playing IC's is that I have a ton of crap that I can practice alone. But playing people is always better, haha.

DeLux

Who is going to SLAST? If enough of us are going, then I would feel obligated to go. But if it's going to be like, just me and Fino, f that :)

Ps: <3 fino

DeLux

No brawl at my place this Tuesday. I have a catering job I have to hit at 4. Will start up again next week.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Confirmation: Smash is today at my house 5:30pm-11:00pm. Let's shoot for >2 people attending this time.

Edit: BRING SETUPS

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
ill be coming up for that japanese thing at jccc. who am i roomin with and will there be smash at that event?
Sure, I'll house you, Royal Nynja. Our place has a complete guest bedroom to use. In fact I have that saturday completely off and am likely going to come to it myself.

The whole event will be over at 8:00pm. I think we could easily leave early and arrange some smashing Saturday night.

Since I work at JCCC, perhaps I can enlighten you folks.

http://www.kcjapanfestival.com/

They have nothing to do with the JCCC Game Interest Group, in fact they are an outside organization that comes to JCCC every year, so I wouldn't count on there being any smash anywhere that day.

For those who don't know.. The JCCC Performing Arts building called the Carlsen Center will become like a small little convention hall. It has the feeling of an animé convention except most of the guests are adults or people genuinely interested in traditional Japanese culture. There are a LOT of shows including the premier 4-hour-long main variety concert that happens twice in the day. Most peoples' favorite was the Taiko drum players last year. The weaboo level is surprisingly low, the event does not cater or merchandise towards animé fans in much regard but you'll still probably see a few in the costume contest.

Tickets are $10 for adults.

The Capitol Federal Conference Center, which some of us may remember as the venue hall for GIG's tournaments, will turn into a food court and there will even be musicians performing live there as well.

DeLux

Good Games Yesterday Everyone. I hope to see some of you out in Lawrence in the coming weeks :)

Top Bottom