• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
We really need to meet on nights that I don't work and spend all my gas doing deliveries. Food for thought ><

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Tuesday has the best turnout for the most people. :/ It was actually one of the worst times for me, the host, because I work super early the next morning. It's likely that the Tuesday time will stay during Fall semester too, and in that fall semester I won't have the early shifts and I'll be a happier more energetic person overall.

Also, as stated before, August 3 and August 10 aren't happening. I'll be out of town.

Dnyce

Smash Master
So, a day that was most inconvenient for the host and a day that was inconvenient for others was decided on because? lol.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
it was convenient for the most other people. it may change when school starts up

the only people that have been consistantly missing is fino and lux, everyone else has been in attendance *shrug

DeLux

it was convenient for the most other people. it may change when school starts up

the only people that have been consistantly missing is fino and lux, everyone else has been in attendance *shrug
To be fair, I'm bad anyways. So the only one really missing out on me not showing is me haha.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
with blake not being able to host on tuesdays for a couple more weeks, im going to host at my house next tuesday instead, as my parents are out of town :) same time, address is 13605 W. 76th Terrace, lenexa, ks, 66216. i need 1 more tv and 2 more brawls. ill see you guys there :)

surprised you cant ask of for work fino *Shrug oh well

Anxiety

Smash Apprentice
with blake not being able to host on tuesdays for a couple more weeks, im going to host at my house next tuesday instead, as my parents are out of town :) same time, address is 13605 W. 76th Terrace, lenexa, ks, 66216. i need 1 more tv and 2 more brawls. ill see you guys there :)

ahhh yeahh

Dnyce

Smash Master

Ummm, if you guys want to go on ahead and give me a month advance notice on these meetings I can ask off work. idk about papa johns, but every place I've worked at you have to ask off in advance.

DeLux

When school starts, I might be able to host a Lawrence location on an alternative day that fits my work schedule. Depends on my work schedule though, I'll be juggling two jobs and classes at the same time.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
2 jobs and classes? **** that lol, and im sure we may be switching up in the fall, tuesday becomes inconvenient for me as well. not insurpassable, but w/e, when blake gets back we will deal with it

DeLux

While we're talking about it, both of my jobs (in food service) require that I give a month's notice in advanced for days off. Or I find someone to cover my shift for me.

In one of them (the one I work during nights), there isn't anyone with the qualifications to cover my shift for me. So I'm sort of screwed. I'd train someone to be able to cover for me, but then they might steal my hours and shifts, and therefore my money.

Gotta keep chasing that paper.

@SR: Technically it's going to be 2 jobs, a coordinator internship deal with the Center of Community Outreach, a class at the KU Edwards campus, and the girl. All my free time outside of those things are going to be devoted to smash. Good thing I don't party anymore or I'd be screwed.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was tired on tuesdays but if I did it any other day, nobody would have come. My fall schedule is going to have every single evening after 6 (and most are free from 4) available so now's a good time to start discussing the best day of the week and getting those times available from whatever your workplace is. I'll be gone from aug2 to aug16. It gives you guys two weeks to settle on something so hopefully I'll have an answer by the time I get back.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
yeah, sorry about that, work scheduled me on tuesday. i have a feeling this may work better out, as fino and lux should both be open. some more notes- my parents will not be in town (hence why i can host) please make sure to leave EVERYTHING clean, and to pick up after yourself. ill grab some cans of mountain dew for that day, but if you want something else you gotta bring it. i will also need one more tv and 2 wiis. also fino, please bring the HD cables i left at your house from that one night, so i can put them on my tv

Ex-Dove

Smash Cadet
Well, one of my car's water lines is busted, which means I won't be able to come to the smashfest at danny's unless I get a ride or something. Sorry.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
so like i've been overseas for the last 2 months. What's new? My friend tells me that there's a tourney in Olathe on the 9th of October.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
you are more then welcome to come to the smashfest at my house today :) details somewhere on these past couple pages

anyways, a reminder, i need at least one more wii/brawl, and perhaps another tv/brawl. ill have my regular tv downstairs, and then our bigscreen tv. it lags, but hopefully fino will bring my s video cables back, and we can set up on the bigscreen and reduce the lag. i currently have 12 moutain dew cans and some treats for us. also thinking about getting some delivery from PAPA JOHNS (inb4finosayscheesticks). as i work there i can get half price. have some money ready if you are interested. doors open at 4, ring the doorbell, if noone answers call me or someone else there and we will come get you.

lets make this fun :)

Smash Lord
you are more then welcome to come to the smashfest at my house today details somewhere on these past couple pages

anyways, a reminder, i need at least one more wii/brawl, and perhaps another tv/brawl. ill have my regular tv downstairs, and then our bigscreen tv. it lags, but hopefully fino will bring my s video cables back, and we can set up on the bigscreen and reduce the lag. i currently have 12 moutain dew cans and some treats for us. also thinking about getting some delivery from PAPA JOHNS (inb4finosayscheesticks). as i work there i can get half price. have some money ready if you are interested. doors open at 4, ring the doorbell, if noone answers call me or someone else there and we will come get you.

lets make this fun
WTF, I thought this was tomorrow. You did say tuesday right? That would mean tomorrow is cancelled?

EDIT: I will show up if you get back to me on this in time.

EDIT: too late for me to want to come.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
sorry :( work scheduled me for tuesday sorta last second so i had to switch :( should have texted and i could have told you to come. anyways ggs, frustrated as i feel i have hit another wall :(

DeLux

gah, I'm on the road to Cali for a bit of time at home. The plan is to stay here until the 11th, get to Denver around the 12th or 13th, hit Supercon, and then head back home by the 15th. I'll start contributing to the local scene anyway I can when I get back. Especially for any crazies that want to learn mah IC's

fun fact: I now have two 40+ inch tv's at my apt for future use. One is an hdtv with lag, but the other is an old school fatty CRT ftw

Top Bottom