• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Dnyce

Smash Master
After pulling a random allnighter, I stumble upon this thread. Awesome

Smasher in the Lawrence area. Down to friendly pretty much whenever I'm not at work.

VM me, PM me, friend me, it's all good.
There is a tournament coming up in two weeks if you would like to join us. I already PM'd you about other stuffs though, saw it first haha.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Does anyone have a tri-pronged screwdriver for GC pads? I got a defective one from the GameStop in Lawrence, but they never seem to have any controllers to exchange. I kind of just want to scrap the now two broken controllers I have for spare parts and modifications to my working one.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
I'm done moving in all of my major stuff to the basement which was formerly my brother's abode. It's huge, it's cool-temperatured, and I'm ready to host weekly practice. Since the Melee scene is already strong with places to go, my meetings will be primarily for Brawl, though I gladly play all 3 Smash games myself.

12611 W. 81st Terrace, Lenexa KS. It's roughly between Quivira and Pflumm and between 79th and 83rd.

The meets will be on Tuesday afternoons, 4pm (don't come sooner) to 11pm. First meet will be this Tuesday July 20th. I have two dogs but they won't be in the basement with us.

I have: 0 wii's, 1 excellent TV for games, 1 digital big tv which lags on analog screen input, an arcade machine emulator that could use a little tweaking before it's streamlined. House has wifi, I can let people use my small netbook computer too since I'll be on my desktop computer mostly. I expect Stealth Raptor to bring his TV+Setup to these meets every time, but another wii is needed.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'm going to see if I can change my work schedule just to make it to these. although I'll be out of town for the first two weeks of August.

Smash Lord
I'm waiting on a work schedule for next week but I think I can make it. I can bring a 64 and a wii but I'm not sure about a tv. If I can it'll probably either be a laggy one or a tiny one.

AmBa LaNce

Smash Apprentice
Hi All! I'm a smash player (melee) from Indiana.

I'll be moving to Kansas City very soon. I plan on being down there the first week of August. I'm staying with a friend once I arrive but he lives with his grandparents so it wont be for long.

I plan on getting an apartment near Olathe because I'll be going to JCCC for a year before I transfer to either KU or KSU. Does anyone know of anyone looking for a roommate or looking to share an apartment?

Are the JCCC smashfests going to start back up once the semester does as well?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
yes it will :) we should have melee and brawl going (on seperate days most likely) so you will be able to join us. the melee people meet more then just jccc, so make sure to check out their thread

MJG

Smash Hero
Hi All! I'm a smash player (melee) from Indiana.

I'll be moving to Kansas City very soon. I plan on being down there the first week of August. I'm staying with a friend once I arrive but he lives with his grandparents so it wont be for long.

I plan on getting an apartment near Olathe because I'll be going to JCCC for a year before I transfer to either KU or KSU. Does anyone know of anyone looking for a roommate or looking to share an apartment?

Are the JCCC smashfests going to start back up once the semester does as well?
Go to KSU! That is the school that I will be attending this year.

I am in Olathe as well until August 21st (I am moving into my dorm).

WmZ74

Smash Cadet
Go to KSU! That is the school that I will be attending this year.

I am in Olathe as well until August 21st (I am moving into my dorm).
Unless you're majoring in architecture or journalism, ksu is pretty generic. also manhattan feels like a ghost town when outside the campus :p. KU is a good school if youre serious, and a great school if youre not :laugh:

Glad to see brawl is back up. I can come the tuesday after this and i might be able to bring a small tv.

Mah wrist is better but ive played like three times this summer... and it was minus :(

Jace08

Smash Lord
I know of one. He's also starting at JCCC this fall and is looking for an apartment in olathe. I'll let you know

Dnyce

Smash Master
Fino still needs to make an apology before I consider him mature enough to be welcome in my house.
lmao, nuff said.

I mean, obviously I need to apologize for needing to tell you that snake's nades drop when you hold shield. I prolly need to apologize to a lot of players for not telling them things in the middle of playing a set, but I also demand apologies from people who beat me because they wouldn't tell me what happened. *sadface*

I guess learning and adapting is too hard, people just need to be spoon fed everything - err no... then they complain why they can't get better and they don't know what to do.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
You lied to my face for your own personal amusement and you're proud of yourself and see the event as a personal victory over me. That's how friends go about things. That's what bullies do.

Nice going, Fino. You're not coming in my house, ever with this attitude of using my simple request for an aplogy against me. Grow up and enjoy the pride you gain from humiliating people by yourself.

Dnyce

Smash Master
You lied to my face for your own personal amusement and you're proud of yourself and see the event as a personal victory over me. That's how friends go about things. That's what bullies do.

Nice going, Fino. You're not coming in my house, ever with this attitude of using my simple request for an aplogy against me. Grow up and enjoy the pride you gain from humiliating people by yourself.
Cool story bro.

Dnyce

Smash Master
More the I don't care and have nothing to say response. Maybe if I felt like crying as hard as Blake I would write a response. Not letting me come play brawl doesn't hurt me at all, so I don't know why he thinks he's so cool to be able to hold it over his head. Rather, you could say I could take a victory in the sense that Blake has to step down to bully me back, and that being the prime argument of him being butt hurt I could easily tell him to grow-up as well.

So if him having to admit to hypocrisy is me getting owned, then we must have 2 different definitions.

Smash Lord
I just got my work schedule for next week, and I can make it next Tuesday. I'll bring an N64 and a Wii with all three games and whatever. I can borrow a small TV but I can't promise anything better than that.

As for ^^, I really don't want to hear anything about this between now and Wednesday. Stuff like this is the fastest way to tear down the smash scene.

On a side note, I practically haven't played brawl all summer. I need some serious help getting back into the game.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
trust me fino i wasnt siding with you LOL just noticing something you said ;3

and it doesnt matter anymore quote the scene is already terrible. dont worry we are gonna try to remake it, and it looks like the game club may not be receptive to smashers anymore :/ blakes house will probably be our smashfest from now on

me and mjg are gonna work to help everyone get better, which will make ourselves better as well and develop our scene to the furthest extent and make us good. we have the base parts and character diversity needed, now we need to come together and make it happen

WmZ74

Smash Cadet
As for ^^, I really don't want to hear anything about this between now and Wednesday. Stuff like this is the fastest way to tear down the smash scene.

Dont you guys see what youre doing?! Youre single handedly tearing the jccc smash empire apart!

I need to get smash DI'ing down and I should be pretty cash :cool:... I'll need your help with that Danny

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
no we are gonna build this smash scene, i would love to see us rival wichita. fino and mjg have already proven they can, time to get us up to that level. and i would be more then willing to work with you about that :D

Smash Lord
trust me fino i wasnt siding with you LOL just noticing something you said ;3

and it doesnt matter anymore quote the scene is already terrible. dont worry we are gonna try to remake it, and it looks like the game club may not be receptive to smashers anymore :/ blakes house will probably be our smashfest from now on

me and mjg are gonna work to help everyone get better, which will make ourselves better as well and develop our scene to the furthest extent and make us good. we have the base parts and character diversity needed, now we need to come together and make it happen
I died a little while reading this. JCCC is kicking us out. MJG is moving to Manhatten. Fino is having political problems. About the only people with heavy experience under their belt I can play against are going to be you and Blake. All of the stuff in this paragraph is news to me as of today.

The smash scene needs to be rebuilt. I've given up hobbies over drama like this, and this is one that I really want to hold on to.

Top Bottom