• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
hello! do you play brawl or melee?

also there will be a little birthday smashfest at my house wednesday evening. since we are leaving for mlg the next day, its gonna be all brawl. ill update with info as i get more planned out :)

you are welcome to stop by ex-dove

Ex-Dove

Smash Cadet
Awesome, I'll see if I can come. I play both, I used to only play Melee but when I found out MLG was picking Brawl up I decided to get with the times.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i was at mlg. i watched both matches. first 2 matches ally got *****. then when they met in losers finals (AFTER the n!ck (anti name search) got 3-0'd by m2k) ally went on to completely destroy him 4-0. it wasnt even close those last 4 matches. trust me lol

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
hes an amazing player. he got that high because he is that good, not because his character is good. its sorta sad lol. i viciously 2 stocked another zss at mlg twice lol

Ex-Dove

Smash Cadet
Ohh, I see what you're saying. Yeah, ZSS as a character is hella flaky. You can 3 stock a guy one round and get 3 stock'd the next easily, as was proved last weekend.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
probably random smashfests, dunno if they will be posted on smashboards :/ any involving me will definitely be spur of the moment smashfests at finos cause of school + 40 hours of work. ill see if i can arrange some sort of weekly smashfest

WmZ74

Smash Cadet
that sux. if there are any smashfests from here on ill probably attend; just post on this thread if something comes up

rpotts

Smash Lord
Im trying to get something goin tonight, lookin to get some melee +64 and you guys wanna brawl, bring a tv, and it may happen. No guarantees yet, imma see how things go.

Smash Lord
I love it that that I only seem to check this site at like 10-11 and see that I missed another smashfest or whatever. Tonight was 64 too. :( I just hope that I can get something in before the end of the week.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
It is true, my brother is moving out and will have all of his stuff out within the week. In the meantime I will begin to reconfigure the room into making it how I want it which includes finding some cheap large crt tvs and having some dedicated setups down there. That's 2+ tv's in adition to the family's big-screen television that lags but can plug to a computer. Youtube + couch is my kind of hanging out.

The basement is spatious, always cool and as long as my parents are content with my academics they are fine with people over late hours; the house is built such that noise in the basement does not travel to the bedrooms.

Oh and my brother is leaving his home-built arcade computer machine here in what was previously his basement. If I can get it all working proper I might get into street fighter or KoF.

Tuesdays or wednesdays sound okay; fridays sats or sun would be best for me.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
So uhhhhh I'm thinking about taking up Brawl
And I figured playing with you guys would be a good start

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
wow seriously? what made you decide to play brawl?? O.o you will probably drop it within a week lol. peach is solid mid tier as well

im sure fino would be willing to play in lawrence, dont expect any mercy from him though LOL, you are more then welcome to come to the hopefully soon to be smashfests at ducks, and i can help you somewhat

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
last time i played barwl, fino cg'd me to death with ice climbers.

i can bring project melee to smashfests if ppl wanna play itz

rpotts

Smash Lord
Anyone want to buy/know some who wants an Xbox 360 Elite 120 GB with Wireless adapter + Controller + Bioshock limited?? I'm willing to sell relatively cheap for the lot or individually.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
After pulling a random allnighter, I stumble upon this thread. Awesome

Smasher in the Lawrence area. Down to friendly pretty much whenever I'm not at work.

VM me, PM me, friend me, it's all good.

Top Bottom