• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

MJG

Smash Hero

Cool story bro.
More the I don't care and have nothing to say response. Maybe if I felt like crying as hard as Blake I would write a response. Not letting me come play brawl doesn't hurt me at all, so I don't know why he thinks he's so cool to be able to hold it over his head. Rather, you could say I could take a victory in the sense that Blake has to step down to bully me back, and that being the prime argument of him being butt hurt I could easily tell him to grow-up as well.

So if him having to admit to hypocrisy is me getting owned, then we must have 2 different definitions.
Sorry, guess I mis-understood your post danny ;o
These were all disappointed to read and very unnecessary posts >_>

Oh well.

I will be there next tuesday.

EDIT: I second that Stealth. Gonna try to help improve our scene before I take off (man I am screwed once I get to KSU lol)

@WMz27 (idk the full name): I will be worse off once I go to KSU. I really don't play the game that much now but it will be virtually no play once I am in college.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
There may yet be hope for the JCCC game club. A lot of changes are happening. Firstly, that room we used to always be in has been reconvigured into staff offices and the 'nerd lounge' no longer exists as it once did.

There is now a new room in the top floor of that same building, that's right next to the campus club offices, where ALLEGEDLY it will be dedicated entirely as a gaming lounge. The room belongs to the Center for Involvement (organization that manages all clubs) but it will basically be ran by GIG as that will be the one club making the most time/usage of the room. Word from people is leading me to believe there will in fact be 5 days a week use out of this room, and the days will be scheduled such that console gamers never have to deal with the tabletop/card gamers who like it nice and quiet.

Or it could all be a bunch of bs. Depends. We'll see. ArtikFox is still quite involved in the club and is very sympathetic to us, as well as Jason Herb. The rest of the people in that club hate smashers profusely so we'll see.

My basement will be like GIG but without that annoying GIG.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Lol, I take it by Blake's and Danny's response that ya'll figured out I was trollin. I was hoping to get a longer run :( haha.

Sorry Blake ;o

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
More the I don't care and have nothing to say response. [then proceeds to say what he means to say and calls me a hypocrite to boot].
You weren't trolling with me, you were bullying me that day. I made it very clear that I was asking you an honest question and wanted a serious answer. I can understand when someone lies to me, that's normal and everyone lies when they're compelled to do so to shield themselves from stresses. However, you had absolutely zero reason to do so other than to take carnal pleasure from watching me suffer and humiliating me. That's not trolling, that's bullying. It's a form of abuse and I found it highly offensive and childish. That gets on my ugly side real fast, it's kind of like if I were to defile something that's precious to you. You ****ed up real bad with me. You could say I am butthurt about the incident. Your refusal to apolgise and man up to your mistake further cemented my lowered opinion of you.

Lol, I take it by Blake's and Danny's response that ya'll figured out I was trollin. I was hoping to get a longer run :( haha.
Not funny. Typical of kids like you to try to make light of the fact they take pleasure from others' grief.

Sorry Blake ;o
Here's one for the record books. I'm genuinely surprised that you were able to say that. It's pretty puny for an apology [not to mention it came out after two strikes and a foul ball] but coming from you that's the closest anyone has ever seen to you manning up about anything. We're even, you can come. Don't make me regret taking my earlier words back. You're on thin ice.

Smash Lord
Or it could all be a bunch of bs. Depends. We'll see. ArtikFox is still quite involved in the club and is very sympathetic to us, as well as Jason Herb. The rest of the people in that club hate smashers profusely so we'll see.
I honestly have to ask what's happened. I make a pretty good effort to avoid and ignore conflict so I might be missing something here. I never really felt any hostility when I showed up at least.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
I honestly have to ask what's happened. I make a pretty good effort to avoid and ignore conflict so I might be missing something here. I never really felt any hostility when I showed up at least.
Well that's because these people go behind others' backs and never say things straightforwardly. They even conspired to have our president removed because none of them had the balls to actually come up, meet Garrett, and tell it to his face they disagree with him.

Examples of things that have reached me through the grapevine include insinuations that the smash players make harassing and sexual advances on the club members, that they leave the room trashed after they leave, that they are loud and rude. And, the most baseless accusation that I have heard way too many times is that apparently we Smash players hog -every- tv in the room and we don't let any of them go and so no other games besides Smash games get played. It's stupid, we only use as many tv's as we need and we've never had smash going on every tv.

Smash Lord
uuhhhh you sure? :confused:
Yeah I second this. I've seen it happen, but only once.

The loud thing is a big problem. I even have a problem with it. It's hard to practice seriously if someone is in going berserk about a big play. I know that smash isn't golf, but no one holds a basketball game next to a conference room. As for the other stuff, I think pretty much all of them have an easy fix. Enforcement just needs to get discussed.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
the thing is, you cant fix something that isnt broken, or something that doesnt even exist LOL

i have never heard any of the smashers make any sort of sexual advances on them, and the rudest thing we ever do to them is ignore them. smashers tend to be very private, and dont like being interrupted while playing. also the only times i have ever seen us take every tv is when noone is using said tvs. if anyone had wanted to use one they should have come up and asked, i would have made sure we opened up one for them. w/e

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
same theory as that one time we had the campus cops come up and tell us someone complained we were hogging the bigscreen tv above the corner lounge (this was back when the club had just been formd) and kicked us out. we would have been more then willing to move if asked, but did they? nope we are big mean gamers

Ex-Dove

Smash Cadet
Almost the same exact thing happened to us at my old school except there was so much more of is than them that it didn't matter. Plus, even when they found out that we were more than willing to take a break from Smash to watch football, they still never asked. xD;

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Alright.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10745086&postcount=1891

^ My first post regarding the meetings ^

Brawl @ My house 4pm Tuesday, that's tonight.

Big heap of additional thoughts... The neighborhood can get pretty anal about the exterior appearances of houses, so let's fill up my driveway before parking to the side. No alcohol, no drugs, no fights, be careful and gentle with my stuff. Perhaps obvious but it's important. I have a pet peeve against hearing multiple background stage musics at the same time, please adjust wii's so there's only sfx heard. It also keeps general noise down and my family will be upstairs the whole time. The basement absorbs noise well and we can be pretty loud, just keep within reason. I forgot to mention I have an additional small 13" TV, so if you were considering bringing something of about that size it may not be necessary. If you're willing to bring something better, be my guest. Try to keep traffic between my room and outside to an absolute minimum; my dachsund has seperation anxiety (he's also 10 years old) and it gets him worked up and loud when people exit. I've got soda, I'm liberal with people taking it, and donations of soda would be very much appreciated too hint hint but not needed for this week's meet. If I think of anything else that's needed to know you'll hear it at my house.

Looking forward to this! Will be great to see you guys again, and to meet those I haven't yet.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
this is gonna be awesome! looking forward to seeing everyone

i have updated the OP with the new info. also have a map for reference. if anyone gets lost text/call me at 913-485-0664

Dnyce

Smash Master
Actually, change of plans, I won't be going to Omaha. But I will be going to the StL tourney on the 31st.
Both tournament have fun people, but the st louis tournament isn't really worth it imo =/

I might go, we should talk on AIM or something ;) Or you can text me (913-787-5282)

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
This tuesday 27th will happen to be my birthday. There should be chocolate/oreo pie.

Also, the next two weeks after this tuesday, August 3 and August 10, I will be out of town on a field investigation class and won't be hosting. When I get back, fall semester begins and I'll be looking for possible changes to the tuesday time. It will most likely remain Tuesday but we'll see.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
This tuesday 27th will happen to be my birthday. There should be chocolate/oreo pie.

Also, the next two weeks after this tuesday, August 3 and August 10, I will be out of town on a field investigation class and won't be hosting. When I get back, fall semester begins and I'll be looking for possible changes to the tuesday time. It will most likely remain Tuesday but we'll see.
Do you accept gifts for said birthday? I can think of a shot or two with your name on it if you do. I really wanted to come last week, but inclement weather did not agree with my car. I might fake sick at work next week just to gooooooo

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
You should definitely make an excuse to come to this tuesday, it will be great. It'll be my birthday, there will be pie, and I'll most likely have a movie going while the smashing's on.

Also, today I bought a pretty nice TV from the thrift store (score! It was only 20 bucks). So I have a new 24'' flat screen crt, the 27'' flat screen crt I've always had, and a 13.5'' bowed screen crt. It is no longer necessary for anyone to bring tv's but merely wii+brawl setups. Danny is welcome to bring his so as to upgrade the 13.5 inch into something bigger.

Oh, and no I'm not interested in gifts, but treats to share are very welcome.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
drostealth: suuuuuuuure
drostealth: nah i need to do the trash
drostealth: and get ready to go see a movie
blackdwag7: ....
drostealth: otherwise i would
drostealth: :-(
drostealth: sorry
blackdwag7: im going to inception
drostealth: thats where i am going
blackdwag7: thats why I left