• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kadaj's ask me anything thread.

V

Smash Ace
Is YI a good stage against mk? I CPd a mk there in tourney the other day and won pretty solidly.

:phone:

Laem

Smash Champion
Kanazawa has an online column on Psychology Today called 'A Look at the Hard Truths About Human Nature'.
It includes posts with titles such as: 'Are All Women Essentially Prostitutes?', 'If Beautiful People Have Daughters, Why Do Posh and Becks Have Three Sons?', 'More Intelligent People Are More Likely to Binge Drink and Get Drunk' and 'Girls Are More Intelligent Than Boys, But Men Are More Intelligent Than Women'.

Lmao i like this guy alreay

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
I didnt even think about the footbox, I dont even know. If we could set up DB1 to dsmash killing in the ditto just got alot easier

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
My bad Shaya, realized I put in in the wrong thread after I posted it.

Leads me to ask though, why are there both a QA thread and this thread?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
How does one begin to learn how to be aggressive in an efficient manner?

Or is it really ("Play Aggro you lose, this game is defense only")?

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Well are ways to play aggro, but you don't want to be dashing in all the time (or around for that matter) or over extending yourself.

Marth is safe enough to do most things efficiently w/o being punished for it, so abuse those properties that he has. You just need to know when to attack and when to defend.

Sometimes the best course of action is the one NOT taking. Meaning it's not always in your best interest to attack, simply waiting can net you way more openings that rushing aggro the entire time

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well are ways to play aggro, but you don't want to be dashing in all the time (or around for that matter) or over extending yourself.

Marth is safe enough to do most things efficiently w/o being punished for it, so abuse those properties that he has. You just need to know when to attack and when to defend.

Sometimes the best course of action is the one NOT taking. Meaning it's not always in your best interest to attack, simply waiting can net you way more openings that rushing aggro the entire time
I don't know, I think I'm confused by the statement.

I guess if I were to break it down it would say...

You can be aggressive, but avoid using Dash attack, and he has the range to do so but you have to be smart about it.

Alas there will always be situations where you have to be the one to react after being the one attacked instead of trying to attack while your opponent is? Meaning play defensive?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
See, it has it's uses! Despite being super unsafe, and silly

Oh wait I have to ask a question in this thread:

Uhmmm

What were your building blocks starting up? Did you study Marth's tools through this forum? Or did you simply play play play until you got to a level you were comfortable with?

If my options of getting better are either Wi-Fi, or two locals who seems to be below par overall. Which should I go with?

V

Smash Ace
Get a second controller and figure the ins and outs of all the matchups then go to tourneys and save videos for critique. Oh wait this is kadaj's thread.

V

Smash Ace
To an extent yes. You'll need a guinea pig to help you with some stuff but you can do most of it on your own.

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
Please, good stages for Marth (can be Starters or Counterpicks Stages!)!

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
So I'm back to goin all Marth again nuggga!

Only thing I'm having severe troubles with is the new Falco metagame. AKA they're all safe as hell, have barely any punishable bad habits, and spotdodge THROUGH Dancing Blade. Any tips other than to watch Mike vs. Larry (gonna start watchin vids again soon)?

I find myself getting jabbed or lasered too often when i get in fair range -_-

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
This is MY THREAD SHAYA! Outta here guy.

Matt I watched you sets vs all the falcos you played, one of the biggest problems I saw was that you were jumping way too much in the match up, which lead to being hit with lasers all day. Another thing to note is that when they hit you with lasers out of your short hop they can combo you.

You also want to try and keep them in the air whenever possible. Lastly your attacks need to be a bit safer than the spots you are using them in

Top Bottom