• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Lucina was supposedly revealed in this trailer because she's a clone, so she doesn't really warrant her own trailer. Dixie works absolutely perfectly for this too.
Sorry but I REALLY have to disagree with you on Dixie being a clone. She technically cannot be a a full clone because she doesn't have rocket barrels. I remain konfident that Diddy and Dixie won't be the same. Similar? Probably in some aspects like most characters that have similar builds (Kirby and Jiggs for example).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sorry but I REALLY have to disagree with you on Dixie being a clone. She technically cannot be a a full clone because she doesn't have rocket barrels. I remain konfident that Diddy and Dixie won't be the same. Similar? Probably in some aspects like most characters that have similar builds (Kirby and Jiggs for example).
Well, when I say clone it also covers the semi-clone bases too like Lucas and Wolf, both who also have unique attacks in their moveset. Dixie would probably be a semi-clone, so she'd probably have some unique attacks of her own, the haircopter being absolutely mandatory.

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Well, when I say clone it also covers the semi-clone bases too like Lucas and Wolf, both who also have unique attacks in their moveset. Dixie would probably be a semi-clone, so she'd probably have some unique attacks of her own, the haircopter being absolutely mandatory.
I still think she wouldn't be a clone at all. Again, with some similar things but for the most part, totally different.

Luigi player

Smash Master
4 FE reps? Even if Lucina is a clone, that's soo many... this totally gives a DK newcomer a higher chance now. It would be totally unfair if DK stays at 2.

I really hope that's the case. At least one new DK newcomer would make the roster so much better for me.

Last edited:

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
OK, I'm reaching my limit. Please, Sakurai, ADD K. ROOL!! I know that I'm saying the same thing here usually, but the reason why he needs to be in isn't because he's a villain. It's because he could be a very unique and interesting character for Smash, as well as being an antagonist (and Smash Bros. still needs more of those).

And to top it all off, we didn't even get Ness...but just Captain Falcon.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I hope K. Rool is a somewhat perfect balance of hard-hitting and heavy, but not too slow either. Dedede was a prime example of a character who was way too slow to handle. :p

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I hope K. Rool is a somewhat perfect balance of hard-hitting and heavy, but not too slow either. Dedede was a prime example of a character who was way too slow to handle. :p
If Sakurai's done his research then I'm sure he knows that K. rool is way faster than he appears.

Here's a vid here of a live performance that I thought was cool. I can sense our King coming.

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
I think a villains trailer is incredibly likely now.

We just learned that more than one newcomer can be revealed per video.

There's been a noticeable lack of villains revealed so far. Bowser is about it. (Dedede doesn't count so much anymore).

Where are they all? They're being saved for the big final video in which Ridley and K. Rool are revealed as newcomers, with Mewtwo striking back, Ganondorf + Meta Knight and Wolf maybe making their debut. How perfect would this be? It'd be the ultimate way to build extreme hype for Smash right before it launches.

Let's hope this happens.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I definitely think there's a damn good possibility of Dixie AND K. Rool now that FE has 4 reps. And I'm confident that we'll see at least 1 of them.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Today is the day that we remember how Chrom's sacrifice saved the Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS roster. It shall always be a day of remembrance.

Now let's hype up to death the inevitable dual K. Rool and Dixie trailer. Or perhaps a villains trailer, that would work, too.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
My two biggest hopes are Ridley and K Rool in that order. I'm hoping they'll be revealed in the final trailer we get before the game's release to really hype up the game. I'd be very much bummed if Ridley got in and K Rool didn't because each is as deserving as the other. With Gematsu dead now, anything is possible!

Kutthroat Konfirmed

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
If we don't get at least one DK newcomer... I'mll wonder what the hell is going on. lol
Can you link me to your K Rool hack please? A video of it too if there is one?

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Hey, do you guys think maybe nintendo will put back the original dkc games on the virtual console as well as finally re-release dkl here in the west for 3-ds/2-ds if k. rool gets revealed in a ssb4 newcomer trailer, regardless if it's just him or along with dixie? I think that'd be a cool way to hype up the game even more.
My hope as of now is that should K. Rool get a trailer, in lieu of Pac-Man's reveal the games will be put back on VC.
(If you don't know what I mean, the VC got a slew of Pac-Man games in the wake of the announcement of Pac's inclusion in Smash.)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My two biggest hopes are Ridley and K Rool in that order. I'm hoping they'll be revealed in the final trailer we get before the game's release to really hype up the game. I'd be very much bummed if Ridley got in and K Rool didn't because each is as deserving as the other. With Gematsu dead now, anything is possible!

Kutthroat Konfirmed
I agree. Now we know two newcomers can be announced in the same trailer, I'd be astonished if Ridley and K. Rool weren't announced in the same trailer.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
If anything, we should do the opposite. The Shulk thread went full-on hype mode and guess what happened.
Yeah, but the Shulk thread is over that already and keep in mind that Sakurai threw a massive curveball at everyone.
I'll get hyped for stuff unnecessarily anyway, so why not get started early?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
While this all does bode pretty well for K. Rool, I can't say with all certainty that Gematsu is dead. Sure, they were totally wrong about Chrom, but they got literally everyone else. It's possible they have some outdated information, and Sakurai decided to go with Robin instead of Chrom after they had gotten their info.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
While this all does bode pretty well for K. Rool, I can't say with all certainty that Gematsu is dead. Sure, they were totally wrong about Chrom, but they got literally everyone else. It's possible they have some outdated information, and Sakurai decided to go with Robin instead of Chrom after they had gotten their info.
Sakurai confirmed the roster was defined before development began. The only thing that justifies Robin over Chrom but Chrom still being at one point considered would be if Chrom was considered but quickly dropped in favor of Robin all before the game even began development. Which means this information was EXTREMELY outdated, or just flat-out wrong.

Getting "everyone else" isn't much of an advantage. Look at what he got. Wii Fit Trainer and "Mii Fighter." Everything else was either completely expected already, or inaccurate (Animal Crossing Guy, Pokemon from X/Y).

I don't think he just "made a mistake" on Chrom. He was also dead set sure that Shulk was going to be revealed today. I checked the release dates of both Fire Emblem and F-Zero games. TODAY is the anniversary of F-Zero X's release, and Fire Emblem had TWO games released this week. Fire Emblem: Monsho No Nazo on DS was released July 15, 2010 in Japan and Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword was released in Europe on July 16th.

There's no way that's a mere coincidence. Sakurai never once planned to announce Shulk today, although he very well could've set the plan in motion to have Shulk teased so everyone believed it was Shulk, then drop the bombshell and kill what remained in the Gematsu leak once and for all.

Yes, the remaining info could be accurate. But a blatant and cruel disconfirmation like this destroys any credibility it had and opens the floodgates wide open for more and more character speculation. I applaud Sakurai for this show, and although the disconfirmation was cruel, I also applaud Chrom's sacrifice to save the Smash Bros. roster.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I feel chrom was thought about early on but decided against. I think the rest of the gematsu characters will come eventually. I believe the leaker happened to get old info about the game or something. I think K. Rools chances are very strong tbh just because of kremlings because thats a big acknowledgement to dk's history.

Last edited:

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
I think what this really boils down to is that Captain Falcon punched Chrom so hard he was removed from the roster.

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
I feel chrom was thought about early on but decided against. I think the rest of the gematsu characters will come eventually. I believe the leaker happened to get old info about the game or something. I think K. Rools chances are very strong tbh just because of kremlings because thats a big acknowledgement to dk's history.
Yes, I think this too. Which is why there was a lot of trolling in the latest trailer.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Today has been one of the greatest days in the support for this character. One of the biggest issues with him, was that he wasn't in the Gematsu leak, which hindered him greatly. With that busted, K. Rool has a real chance. Not to mention that we are a couple months away from the Japan release and we STILL don't have a villain newcomer, a role he can EASILY fill. Furthermore, we still don't have a new DK stage on either 3DS or Wii U, which leads me to believe they are hiding something BIG (I swear to God don't make a Ridley joke out of that). Add this to the Kremlings in Smash Run, the "large Kremling" mini-boss in that same mode, and the fact that a series like Fire Emblem now has 4 reps, while DK currently has 2, and the King of the Kremlings is looking more and more likely. He doesn't even need to compete with Dixie any more. They can BOTH be in, as Fire Emblem proved once again that one series can get two newcomers in this game.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
With Fire Emblem getting 4 reps, I see no reason why Donkey Kong (a MUCH bigger franchise) should get at least 4 reps. (K. Rool and Dixie)

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Add me to the supporters list! I would be surprised if their isn't at least 1 DK newcomer.

I feel that King K. Rool would be an excellent addition to the roster and if Fire Emblem can get 4 reps, I can't see why DK can't get at least 3.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
They might, this game is starting to look like a 55 character roster instead of 50..
Would it be to much to want even 60? To me, no roster is too large. I'd be fine with a 150+ roster with all Mario Super Sluggers, Mario Kart(s), Sonic 06 (Bad game but good characters), Kirby Air Ride, Hyrule Warriors, etc, etc, etc characters.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Now I've been following this and the Ridley threads for awhile now, and I gotta agree the King of Kremlings kannot miss out on this version of Smash, especially after all the DKC stuff put back in to Smash Run. Add me to the list, I want to become one of the kremling king supporters!

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm not sure if I'm on the list, but if not, add me to it. Villains for life!

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I do feel really good about both K. Rool and Dixie after this trailer. I don't think Sakurai is stupid enough to have four Fire Emblem characters and only two Donkey Kong characters. He has his limits. We've got to get at least one of those two, so that's at least a 50% chance for the King. At least. I thought there was a good chance the Gematsu list was every newcomer, so I assumed K. Rool was basically a goner aside from maybe being DLC.

I'm glad to be excited for new characters again. I was so indifferent coming into this trailer originally that it was somewhat depressing compared to the excitement I had for the others.

Top Bottom