• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Theory: Barely anything has been seen from the DK series because it still has at least one character left to be revealed.

Nothing ground-breaking, right? And it's not exclusive to DK because we haven't seen anything from similarly-sized (as far as Smash goes, not in reality) series Kirby and Star Fox, right?

Kirby and Star Fox still have characters left to be revealed as well in Meta Knight, Falco, and Wolf. DK, however, has both its veterans revealed, but is still receiving this treatment. Coincidence? I think not.

Not really intended as a waterproof theory, but just food for thought.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
I agree.

Quite honestly there are so many signs pointing to a DK newcomer (and most of them pointing to K Rool) that if there wasn't one it would REALLY suprise me.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I agree.

Quite honestly there are so many signs pointing to a DK newcomer (and most of them pointing to K Rool) that if there wasn't one it would REALLY suprise me.
Pardon the ignorance, but what signs - aside from Kremlings and (possibly?) Kremling bosses in Smash Run - point specifically at K. Rool? I do agree that we've got to be getting *something* from DK, since we don't even have a new stage or anything yet.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm sorry I didn't post my happiness here about the fall of Gematsu. I way too happy with Robin.

A similar trailer with K. Rool and Dixie makes too much sense. Throw in a random vet like Wario and you've got a trailer as awesome as yesterday.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Theory: Barely anything has been seen from the DK series because it still has at least one character left to be revealed.

Nothing ground-breaking, right? And it's not exclusive to DK because we haven't seen anything from similarly-sized (as far as Smash goes, not in reality) series Kirby and Star Fox, right?

Kirby and Star Fox still have characters left to be revealed as well in Meta Knight, Falco, and Wolf. DK, however, has both its veterans revealed, but is still receiving this treatment. Coincidence? I think not.

Not really intended as a waterproof theory, but just food for thought.
But muhRidley. ;-;

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
August Nintendo Direct trailer, last month before the game comes out in Japan.

Villain Trailer.

Ridley, K.Rool, Wolf, Wario, Ganondorf etc. That would generate so much hype right before the game comes out.
Not to mention, Metroid, Zelda and DK all have anniversaries in August.

Just something I saw on the Ridley thread. Thought I'd share here. Rooting for the King!

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
Pardon the ignorance, but what signs - aside from Kremlings and (possibly?) Kremling bosses in Smash Run - point specifically at K. Rool? I do agree that we've got to be getting *something* from DK, since we don't even have a new stage or anything yet.
The OP has alot of information on this but if I will list my major hints.

If you agree we are getting someone from DK then consider this aswell:

Kremlings as you said.
No new villian newcomers when there have been 2-3 villians added in each smash game.
Alot of females already added, and if dixie was in might just be a semi-clone like lucina.

Its either going to be dixie or K Rool most likely and K Rool seems much more likely just based on these ideas alone. I hope both are in though.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Because Ridley needs even more teasing??
You clearly haven't realized that all Ridley fans are masochists, B. We don't actually want Ridley playable, we just like it when Sakurai tortures us. If Ridley is confirmed, it'll ruin the whole thing.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Speaking of trailers, I think K. Rool is probably more insulated from the "bottom of the barrel" being reached than any other newcomer candidate, just by virtue of being able to fit into more trailer set-ups than most others.

--Solo trailer (obvious)
--DKC trailer with Dixie (only other series than could reasonably get two newcomers in a trailer)
--Villains trailer (shares this with veteran villains, plus Ridley)

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
I gotta say, with some time passing I still feel really good about K. Rool after today. Heck, I feel like everyone is brimming with positivity with Gematsu's fall, like everyone can go back to rooting for their most wanted character without that leak breathing down peoples necks anymore. Like a renewed sense of hope. Such a great day for me and games. Also as a personal win, this happened

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/14/crash-bandicoot-return-not-ruled-out-by-sony

:)

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

King K. Rool was so pleased with what happened today that, in tribute to both male and female Robin, he made two puns in one picture!

Ascended

Smash Ace
May I have permission to join the Kremling Kutthroats? With Chrom relegated to a final smash, that left a hole in my top five, so I figured why not complete the Holy Trio and root for the King as well? (I even changed my sig!)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I gotta say, with some time passing I still feel really good about K. Rool after today. Heck, I feel like everyone is brimming with positivity with Gematsu's fall, like everyone can go back to rooting for their most wanted character without that leak breathing down peoples necks anymore. Like a renewed sense of hope. Such a great day for me and games. Also as a personal win, this happened

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/14/crash-bandicoot-return-not-ruled-out-by-sony

:)
Yes, I related the forums to a metaphor of a regime under oppression in multiple posts. No difference now.

D

Deleted member

K. Rool would be such an amazing addition to the game! I hope he makes it.

Zynux

Smash Lord
I agree.

It's not that there are signs pointing to a DK newcomer, besides maybe the Kremling spotting, but that there is virtually nothing going against Dixie and K. Rool at this point. No ambiguous quotes that spread doubt, no teasing for a possible NPC role, nothing.

K. Rool and Dixie are very much up in the air, but sometimes I think that's a good thing. All we have are the Kremlings, which is hard to pinpoint what it means for K. Rool. But we do know that if they went through the trouble of pulling out "irrelevant" Kremlings that are "owned by Rare", then there's nothing stopping them from doing it with K. Rool as well.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A talking point I want to address: "Sakurai is clearly focusing on adding recent characters and recent characters only, so K. Rool has no chance."

All of the newcomers shown thus far have been in relatively new games, but even before any newcomers were shown, the fanbase supported very few newcomer candidates who weren't coincidentally in new games anyway (K. Rool, Krystal, and Isaac are the only noteworthy ones). Until the final roster is shown and doesn't have any of those characters, that talking point is based on incomplete information (and, even if none of those characters were in, correlation =/= causation).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A talking point I want to address: "Sakurai is clearly focusing on adding recent characters and recent characters only, so K. Rool has no chance."

All of the newcomers shown thus far have been in relatively new games, but even before any newcomers were shown, the fanbase supported very few newcomer candidates who weren't coincidentally in new games anyway (K. Rool, Krystal, and Isaac are the only noteworthy ones). Until the final roster is shown and doesn't have any of those characters, that talking point is based on incomplete information (and, even if none of those characters were in, correlation =/= causation).
Oh how this has been hammered into my head, ha. Good point though!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I never jumped onto the DLC campaign because I've still continued to believe that K. Rool is on the roster, and this train has sped the hell back up with the legitimacy of the leak being thrown into chaotic question. Now Rayman on the other hand...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I could conceivably see a villain trailer now after seeing what they did with the FE trailer.

It'd be a perfect last-trailer reveal before launching the game. Ridley, Ghirahim and K. Rool. I also fear that they may make Dixie a semi-clone, after seeing Lucina which would suck big time as she could be really unique.

I think we're in for a fairly substantially sized roster (mid-50s) after yesterday's turn of events. I'm just glad that silly leak is dead above all else!

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

The muhrelevance argument has been dead since the Kritters reappearance. Seriously, Sakurai obviously knows about the Kremlings, and he probably knows about K. Rool's popularity as well.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Also, as the roster increases, we'll need more large, heavyweight characters to balance things out.

Having only four big guys (Bowser, DK, DDD, Charizard) is going to start to feel a little lacking as you approach a 50+ roster.

coughkroolridleypigganoncoughphlegm

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I could conceivably see a villain trailer now after seeing what they did with the FE trailer.

It'd be a perfect last-trailer reveal before launching the game. Ridley, Ghirahim and K. Rool. I also fear that they may make Dixie a semi-clone, after seeing Lucina which would suck big time as she could be really unique.

I think we're in for a fairly substantially sized roster (mid-50s) after yesterday's turn of events. I'm just glad that silly leak is dead above all else!
King K. Rool, Ridley, and a reworked Ganondorf, now that's something I could see happening.
This needs to happen.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A GameFAQs user is claiming that DK and Metroid both have anniversaries in August, on the 6th and 9th, respectively (for Jungle Climber and for the original Metroid). And apparently, F-Zero and Fire Emblem both had anniversaries this month.

Hmm . . .

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A GameFAQs user is claiming that DK and Metroid both have anniversaries in August, on the 6th and 9th, respectively (for Jungle Climber and for the original Metroid). And apparently, F-Zero and Fire Emblem both had anniversaries this month.

Hmm . . .
I don't see why the anniversary of Jungle Climber of all games would be noted. Can't say I believe this theory...

We're bound for an August tralier anyway, so if it does happen, it would probably be a coincidence.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai implied that there are more than one trailer left with the "we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos". One of them is going to be in the August Direct, no doubt, but the rest?

I think he's going to repeat what he's done this Monday. Just say he wants to announce a character, set a date and done.

Let's say there are three left: one at the end of July or August depending when is the Direct, another for the August Direct, and the last one in September just two weeks before the Japanese release to generate max hype.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Hmm . . .
Yeah I really don't think they'd celebrate a Jungle Climber anniversary.
That being said, I still think a villain trailer is pretty damn likely.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Guys, guys, guys. A villains trailer or a Dixie + K Rool trailer may seem likely but if yesterdays reveal was any indication, it's pretty useless to predict Sakurai.

For me a villains trailer is... I dunno, unlikely... probably. I can't say that the lack of villains means much. I think Sakurai will reveal characters when Sakurai reveals characters or just leave it hidden for the final product, simple as that.

A Dixie and K Rool trailer on the other hand, I could see that happening. The lack of DK representation, unlike the villains, seems very suspicious to me. I mean, some franchises may be missing a few characters but they do have a lot of representation. In DK's case, it's the opposite. DK can only get newcomers now since Diddy and DK are confirmed and unlike villains, Dixie and K Rool would fit well together in the same trailer. Then again, you probably wouldn't expect Falcon to be fighting against 2 FE charatcers either. 2 newcomers can be revealed simultaneously as others have already said. Maybe it's me just being hopeful but I really think the Dixie and K Rool trailer idea has some chance. But when it comes to what newcomer Sakurai will reveal next, I have no idea.

sbdipp

Smash Rookie
Hmmmm, the only villains on the roster currently are Bowser and Dedede, correct? Mario and Kirby are the only two series with multiple notable smash villains. I could see a villain trailer akin to the original E3 trailer for smash where Mario Link Samus Kirby Fox Pit DK and Pikachu are shown. They could rerun that footage and then have the screen shatter or something and go dark. All of a sudden, Wario, Ganondorf, Ridley, Meta Knight, Wolf, Dark Pit, K. Rool, and Mewtwo appear and, joined by Bowser and Dedede, are shown laying a beatdown to their respective series' protagonist. I realistically cannot think of anything that could possibly hype me more.

(I support all of these characters except Dark Pit, and while I still consider him unlikely, the Lucina reveal yesterday made him seem a bit more plausible)

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
It's not that there are signs pointing to a DK newcomer, besides maybe the Kremling spotting, but that there is virtually nothing going against Dixie and K. Rool at this point. No ambiguous quotes that spread doubt, no teasing for a possible NPC role, nothing.

K. Rool and Dixie are very much up in the air, but sometimes I think that's a good thing. All we have are the Kremlings, which is hard to pinpoint what it means for K. Rool. But we do know that if they went through the trouble of pulling out "irrelevant" Kremlings that are "owned by Rare", then there's nothing stopping them from doing it with K. Rool as well.
The Kremlings are NOT owned by Rare....are they? I am pretty sure Rare owns NOTHING in Smash Bros.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
I had an idea for a villains trailer, something like this:

Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Samus and Fox are in a field, chillin out. The sky goes dark as ominous clouds cover the sky, Something plummets and crashes into the middle of their group, grabbing Mario. IT'S BOWSER! Bowser tosses Mario, sending him flying.

Link charges after Bowser to save Mario, Before he catches Bowser, he's stopped and sent flying. Ganondorf is revealed. Link catches his breath, and dashes towards Ganon, Pikachu jumps on top of Link's head and into the sky, getting ready to blast Ganondorf with a Thunder.

The thunder is stopped, In the sky... A figure can be seen. MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!! Mewtwo begins sending shadow balls at the ground blowing up everything in site. Fox rushes to their aid and uses his deflector to send some back at him, as well as using his blaster for offense. CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT STARFOX!! Wolf charges at wolf, swiping at him with his claws.

Kirby rushes into help, but is stopped by Meta Knight. The two have a mini sword fight, which is a stalemate. DK charges in, grabbing Meta Knight and sending him tossing. Meta Knight easily recovers and charges at DK... but before he connects....

A loud explosion occurs near them, sending both DK and Meta Knight back. A maniacal laugh can be heard. A green foot appears before DK, the screen pans up... KING K. ROOLS THE COMPETITION!! K. Rool continues blasting at DK with his blunderbuss.

Samus rushes to the seen and chargse up her plasma shot. She fires it at K. Rool, only for it to be stopped by a LARGE figure. The winged beast attacks Samus. RIDLEY MAKES A HUGE IMPACT!!

Queue gameplay, showcasing mostly K. Rool and Ridley.

The cinematic then ends with the two sides.. Villains and Heroes gathered ready to do an all out battle.

(I put way too much thought into that)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Robin's reveal has not only given me hope for a larger roster, but both K. Rool and Dixie Kong as well.

If Fire Emblem can receive two newcomers, I see no reason why DK can't, as both series have grown tremendously from Brawl to Smash 4. My only worry here is that this growth has occurred without K. Rool.

But when a character is as popular and important as Rool I don't see why they should be excluded.

Top Bottom