• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

SirCamp

Smash Ace
The OP has alot of information on this but if I will list my major hints.

If you agree we are getting someone from DK then consider this aswell:

Kremlings as you said.
No new villian newcomers when there have been 2-3 villians added in each smash game.
Alot of females already added, and if dixie was in might just be a semi-clone like lucina.

Its either going to be dixie or K Rool most likely and K Rool seems much more likely just based on these ideas alone. I hope both are in though.
I really don't think Dixie will be a semi clone. However, if we are to assume that she will be, I think that the presence of Lucina makes her even more likely, since this shows Sakurai is willing to make new semi clones.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Considering how unique Dixie could be, I'd hate it if she was clone. But I'd hate it even more if Cranky was playable. He's my least favorite Kong character.

I'd in all honesty rather have Wrinkly playable...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
People have reported seeing Cranky's trophy in Smash Run, using almost the exact same model and pose his Brawl trophy had. Between that and Jungle Japes, he's as good as disconfirmed.

domokl

Smash Lord
pepole have seen greninja trophys in smash run too. so seeing his trophy means nothing unfortunatly.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
pepole have seen greninja trophys in smash run too. so seeing his trophy means nothing unfortunatly.
That's why I mentioned the Brawl model part. If he had a new pose or was touched up at all, it might be a cause for worry, but according to @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon and a few others, it looks like his trophy was literally ported.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
David Wise is awesome. Listening to tracks from DKC, mainly Gangplank Galleon (for obvious reasons), to get hyped for the King.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
People have reported seeing Cranky's trophy in Smash Run, using almost the exact same model and pose his Brawl trophy had. Between that and Jungle Japes, he's as good as disconfirmed.
I'm quite certain I saw it on some footage of Smash Run. (The results screen obviously)

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
David Wise is a genius.

So wait, people saw K. Rool trophies in Smash Run? Hmm.. I understand seeing Greninja trophies, but, seeing a trophy of someone before they're announced might mean he isn't on the roster, whether or not the trophy was ported ):

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That's why I mentioned the Brawl model part. If he had a new pose or was touched up at all, it might be a cause for worry, but according to @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon and a few others, it looks like his trophy was literally ported.
I never said ported- but it would not surprise me in the slightest.
No other characters have trophies called simply there ame, which can be picked up in the game, if they are AT or playable, though, do they? It was simply called "cranky kong"

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
After Monday, it's now clear to me that Sakurai is making decisions based on fan demand. So K. Rool has a way bigger shot than I thought he did.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think there is a greater chance of the model being imported from Returns or Tropical Freeze than Brawl.

Speaking of David Wise... how quickly will I be banished if I say that I like Disco Train and the DKC theme more than Stickerbrush Symphony?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I think there is a greater chance of the model being imported from Returns or Tropical Freeze than Brawl.

Speaking of David Wise... how quickly will I be banished if I say that I like Disco Train and the DKC theme more than Stickerbrush Symphony?
Stickerbrush Symphony is ok, but DKC theme is aces

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, can someone update me on how K. Rool's chances are affected by this great reveal? I would think they've improved.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
So, can someone update me on how K. Rool's chances are affected by this great reveal? I would think they've improved.
Well, It ultimately deconfirmed Gematsu. (RIP CHROM, YOU SAVED US.... WE WON'T FORGET YOUR SACRIFICE.)

So instead, it's more up in the air whose left, instead of the standard CHROM, CHORUS MEN AND SHULK. It's unpredictable.

The fact that Lucina/Robin were revealed together, also suggests the possibility of other dual newcomer reveals... Maybe K. Rool/Dixie?

Also, there's been a noticeable lack of villains revealed so far. Hinting at possibly they're all being saved for one grand Villain vs Hero trailer.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
Well, It ultimately deconfirmed Gematsu. (RIP CHROM, YOU SAVED US.... WE WON'T FORGET YOUR SACRIFICE.)

So instead, it's more up in the air whose left, instead of the standard CHROM, CHORUS MEN AND SHULK. It's unpredictable.

The fact that Lucina/Robin were revealed together, also suggests the possibility of other dual newcomer reveals... Maybe K. Rool/Dixie?

Also, there's been a noticeable lack of villains revealed so far. Hinting at possibly they're all being saved for one grand Villain vs Hero trailer.
Probably, and that's awesome, but I'm not a fan of King K. Rool....

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I can just imagine a trailer that starts with DK brawling with K. Rool, then Dixie jumps over DK's back and starts to battle with him.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
My hype for K. Rool is 100% back, now that the Gematsu leak is on its death throes.

I'm so sorry for ever doubting him, and for thinking that he was going to be a boss hazard. I'm a terrible Kutthroat. :(

So what's going on now?

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
just finished my new SIGNATURE.

Evil is coming!!

Edit :it's not working.. :(
Edi2: ah...it's in my first post in this page

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
just finished my new SIGNATURE.

Evil is coming!!

Edit :it's not working.. :(
Edi2: ah...it's in my first post in this page
Heh. You remind of me when I did mine. I was like "Why is it not showing up??" then the realization.

Looks cool! Well done.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This Monday actually did a lot for the perceived chances of k rool and dixie

we now know;
- Only a few videos does not mean one per character
- Clones return (more a point in Dixie's Favor)
- Fan service is a huge priority
- Getting two reps for a series is not out of the question at all
- Two more characters not on Gematsu, one deconfirmation of a character on it
- Another Female character (a point ore for Dixie)
- Still nothing for DK or an associated Mario world, and Rosalina is (personally) not enough for Nintendo's biggest universe

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Now that I no longer should expect Micaiah, and most of the rest of my top ten have little chance, I think that King K and Mewtwo are at the top of my "want and have a chance" list. Honestly I hope the King is the next one to be shown, and I think Wario or Ganon will be in the trailer as well.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sorry guys, for some reason the Kremling Kutthroats topic hasn't been appearing in my Alerts lately! Also, I've been very distracted... Monday revealed the first character I actually really wanted since Mega Man! (Although I only really wanted Robin since a few months ago, before that it was "anyone but Chrom.")

But yeah, I'm completely konfident in K. Rool's appearance now. It really did quite annoy me, but I saw a video where some K. Rool fans were freaking out over the Robin reveal. I was freaking out for a good reason, apparently they never heard of the Gematsu leak or something and don't realize how much this actually helps K. Rool!

Also, my K. Rool video had some problems, the video editor I was using to make it was working like ****. I've found a new video editor which works much better... now if only I can figure out how to use it.

DingoPlatinum

Smash Rookie
It looks like we could get full character roster and all 3DS stages revealed in August 12!

I still cannot post a link in here so go to mynintendonews to see it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It looks like we could get full character roster and all 3DS stages revealed in August 12!

I still cannot post a link in here so go to mynintendonews to see it.
I read it, and I also read what other people have said about CoroCoro for Brawl, which indicated that CoroCoro announced they'd be releasing the whole roster, but only actually revealed the characters already on the website.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Breaking news!

On August 12th, Coro Coro is going to reveal all the characters in the roster as well as some 3ds stages.

“We’re including an additional jam-packed volume containing all of the characters and stages for the up and coming 3DS version of Smash Bros.!!! Keep your eyes peeled for when it goes on sale!”

Does this mean secret characters are no longer a thing? How does it effect K Rool?

Edit: Apparently Coro Coro revealed the 'whole' roster for Brawl back in 2007 by a "Smash Bros Book" but there ended up being hidden unlockable ones, so I wouldn't worry too much on the entire roster being revealed without K Rool.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Breaking news!

On August 12th, Coro Coro is going to reveal all the characters in the roster as well as some 3ds stages.

“We’re including an additional jam-packed volume containing all of the characters and stages for the up and coming 3DS version of Smash Bros.!!! Keep your eyes peeled for when it goes on sale!”

Does this mean secret characters are no longer a thing? How does it effect K Rool?
They said that for Brawl back in 2007. All they ended up showing were the already confirmed characters.

Top Bottom