• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I still have a sneaking suspicion Sakurai knows all about Gematsu, and maybe even planned it, to keep people guessing when it didn't turn out infallible.

Man, I don't even know WHAT'S what anymore.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm pleased to see all of the support for Dixie and K. Rool in here. I know that I'm hoping for a joint Dixie/K. Rool reveal now. At this point, I'm tired of trying to prove what makes Dixie unique and I would be OK with her getting a cloned moveset (just as long as she uses her hair in SOME way). Bring on the next couple of months, Sakurai! I'm ready.

Last edited:

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
You know I'm feeling really high on K. Rool's chances now, as Sal Romano was really the only thing that I think made his chances look bad. Kremlings in Smash Run and the fact that DK still has 2 reps to Fire Emblem's whopping 4 without him is a very good sign, and with the way Lucina was treated I can see her getting in as a clone of Diddy Kong and not providing K. Rool with actual competition regardless.

He's not exactly confirmed but its nice to have real hope for him now.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm cool with Lucina, I'm glad she got in. But other than his fighting style, I have very little interest in Robin. Mainly because I have no idea who he/she is. D:

I'm especially glad because it's not Chrom. lol
I'm not dissing on the new FE characters, I'm just saying they're not one of the characters I'd see myself actually playing as. K. Rool, Ridley, Waluigi(yes, I know he's an assist trophy but I'm just mentioning him out there anyway), Bowser Jr., and Skull Kid from Majora's Mask(again, just naming him anyway) are likely ones I'd be having fun kicking butt with.

Same here, it's not Chrom OR Shulk. That's why I'm happy about this trailer as well.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Never trusted the leak and glad I didn't. As far as my feelings changing, I'm slightly more optimistic that Dixie AND K. Rool could be in. Fire Emblem got 4 reps. I think DK, especially with the Country series back should get 4 as well.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
What a day. First of we get a surprise trophy shot of RAYMAN.
Then we get Captain Falcon back. And reveals the uniqe not-only-sword fighter Robin.
And Lucina a clone of Marth. And disconfirm the Gematsu leak with Chrom being part of Robins Final Smash!!!

In one of Captain Falcon's photos... Why is there an Arwing there? Hmm....

It only proves to us that a King K. Rool unique and Dixie Clone can be possible.
Even if it will be a villain trailer, or a trailer with DK, Diddy and Dixie fighting K. Rool, it will still be badass. Both Dixie and K. Rool deserve each spot now that Lucina is in.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
Having recovered from my initial rage a bit, I took another look at the trailer, and concluded that even though Robin is another generic avatar, his/her moveset is interesting and unique enough to work well. Not main material for me, but he/she's good enough. Lucina, on the other hand, can be one of two things:
1. An alt for Marth, which would be one of the smartest moves ever made, as it paves the way for other characters who would otherwise be clones/semiclones.
2. A separate character, which would be one of the worst moves ever made, as she, as I said before, is the most blatant clone in the history of Smash.

Klaww

Smash Cadet
NNID
KlawwTheClown
3DS FC
1220-6841-7284
This was the absolute best reveal for today that I could've asked for (besides K. Rool or Ridley, anyway).

We just have to get at least one or the other. Hopefully both.

Hopefully Dixie too, because come on. It's Donkey Kong. We should have had 3 characters by now anyway.

In one of Captain Falcon's photos... Why is there an Arwing there? Hmm....
I think that photo may have been taken during the countdown before the fight actually started.

It looks like the entrance animations for Fox and Captain Falcon to me.

Boxes_for_Sale

Smash Rookie
NNID
Clumbone801
Considering what they've done with this trailer, I think a Dixie/K. Rool reveal is pretty dang likely at this point, especially with the heavy blow to Gematsu's "credibility." If they indeed do this, I think Dixie would be to Diddy as whatever Lucina is to Marth (still not sure if she's a clone or an alt costume). It's pretty much become impossible to make confident predictions, however, so there's no way to know for sure till an official reveal happens. Kinda hoping they do the dual reveal during the next Direct.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
2. A separate character, which would be one of the worst moves ever made, as she, as I said before, is the most blatant clone in the history of Smash.
Really? From about 30 seconds of a trailer you've ascertained Lucina is worse than Dr Mario, Pichu, Toon LInk, and others? Toon Link is even in this game and has so much source material to draw from that his similarity is far, far worse in my opinion.

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
Really? From about 30 seconds of a trailer you've ascertained Lucina is worse than Dr Mario, Pichu, Toon LInk, and others? Toon Link is even in this game and has so much source material to draw from that his similarity is far, far worse in my opinion.
At least Dr. Mario and Pichu had minor differences that set them apart from their parent character, as opposed to Lucina looking like a flat-out copypaste of Marth. Don't get me wrong though, I still think Toon Link is a complete waste of a slot, but Lucina's shaping up to be even more blatant of a clone, which is why I hope she's a Marth alt. I will admit though that I have been a little too caught up in disappointment, hence my agressive language. I'm hoping for the best for Lucina, but as of now, I'm not seeing a bright future for her.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm cool with Lucina, I'm glad she got in. But other than his fighting style, I have very little interest in Robin. Mainly because I have no idea who he/she is. D:

I'm especially glad because it's not Chrom. lol
He is actually the Avatar you play as in Fire Emblem Awakening. Robin is the default name and his appearance is the default appearance.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I love the spirits that this thread is in now! Sounds like a good time to mention I just got back on my twitter gaming handle, @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon (if you have enjoyed any of my moments of clarity during my lengthier posts when I go to longer measures) but to in that ask what the K.Rool support is @?

I see Dixie and K Rool at the same chances I saw them both at before- inevitable. Seems like with four for FE (well, maybe three? love the ambiguity Sakurai) and even a likely Rayman, because setting that expectation up, and with a deceiving ramble, for no other reason was ridiculous, I believe think we have both. Fan service!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This also puts the argument of "one newcomer per trailer" to rest. Dixie and K Rool anyone?
I care not for Dixie, but I wouldn't mind her appearance as long as King K Rool makes it in as well. Hell, I could care less if Bluster Kong made it in, as long as King K Rool is in.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
This also puts the argument of "one newcomer per trailer" to rest. Dixie and K Rool anyone?
The Mii trailer technically introduced 9000 (or 300, for 3DS Standards) Characters all at once, since 3000 Max Miis in the Wii U Mii Maker Plaza x 3 Classes = NINE. THOUSAND. CHARACTERS.
(Or 300, 3DS.)
So Smash Wii U will have around 9050 Characters, with the 3DS having around 350.
AND YOU ALL SAID THE ROSTER WAS SMALL.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Gangplank Galleon or The Flying Krock are the ones I root for. I also hope for Crocodile Cacophony to be a track. :)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
A stage I would like is Krokodile Isle (specifically inside King K. Rool's sitting/spectating room) from DK64, complete with Klaptraps as Hazards.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
So I can see the trailer of Diddy and Dixie fighting against Wario. Then K. Rool comes down floating and says "Time to tip the scales!" as he helps beating Diddy and Dixie.
Meanwhile, Chunky Kong on the floor:" I suppose I'll get my chance another day"
"No! You get yours today" As Chunky is confirmed as an Assist Trophy.

Trailer pun aside. The killing blow to the Gematsu leak is a victory for us and every character that is not Shulk and Chorus Men. Good going mates!.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I wouldn't count Gematsu 100% dead yet, but this bodes well for K. Rool that Chrom isn't playable. And this roster looks like it'll be huge. Still plenty of veterans to come, for starters.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I wouldn't count Gematsu 100% dead yet, but this bodes well for K. Rool that Chrom isn't playable. And this roster looks like it'll be huge. Still plenty of veterans to come, for starters.
Let's see here...
:4bowser::4charizard::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4fox::4greninja::4kirby::4myfriends::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4luigi::4mario::4yoshi::4wiifit::4villager::4tlink::4sonic::4sheik::4samus::rosalina::4pit::4pikachu::4peach::4pacman::4palutena::4olimar::4megaman::4marth::4zelda::4zss: 32...
:4mii: 9032...
Robin, Lucina, :falcon: 9035.
Right now we are at 9035 (or 335, 3DS) characters. :dr^_^:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
While Gematsu might not be dead just yet. We have changed from "Gematsu is almost confirmed, but I still have hope its fake" to "Gematsu is almost confirmed fake, but I still have hope it was real in some parts".
You could say that someone "tipped the scales" :troll:.

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Love it, Banjo. ;)

And I'm more confident than ever in post-release "reveals". Comes to show you that nothing is true until Sakurai says so. :)

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Haha Gematsu blown out!!

Love it, as much I was hoping for Chrom, I wanted Robin more. I'm very happy with this. It gives our King a far better chance.

Glad everything didn't go as predicted.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Haha Gematsu blown out!!

Love it, as much I was hoping for Chrom, I wanted Robin more. I'm very happy with this. It gives our King a far better chance.

Glad everything didn't go as predicted.
You and me both, fella.

By the way, this weekend a friend of mine will make a trailer for my K. Rool Brawl hack I showcased here. Want me to post it when I get it? ;)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Hey, do you guys think maybe nintendo will put back the original dkc games on the virtual console as well as finally re-release dkl here in the west for 3-ds/2-ds if k. rool gets revealed in a ssb4 newcomer trailer, regardless if it's just him or along with dixie? I think that'd be a cool way to hype up the game even more.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
After this direct. The feeling in my gut about k rool being in smash changed from a no, to a big yes! I believe donkey Kong WILL get another rep, dixie or K rool. I mean if FE gets 4 reps. Donkey should get at least 3

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Now ince the gematsu leak is dead, my optimism for K Rool has grown and I'd say he'saround 60% now. I'm hsitant of putting him any higher though, I'm just not convinced.

I will dissppointed if DK can't have 4 reps now if FE got 4. All we need to round out the DK franchise is Dixie and K Rool then I'd have absolutely no problems with DK's representation in Smash (assuming DK stages and other things are in). Here's hoping they both make it!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Lucina was supposedly revealed in this trailer because she's a clone, so she doesn't really warrant her own trailer. Dixie works absolutely perfectly for this too.

Top Bottom