• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just one more reason I hate brawl/brawl kids. (feel free to close this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerbil

Smash Champion

*stabs himself*

I agree Renth... things with Brawl are ridiculous. It's like everything we (the Melee community) has worked for the evolve Smash has just been thrown out the window by the uh "new group" who are attemtping to make a crappy tourny game good. It's when I see ridiculous things like that thread that I really get discouraged in the Smash community.

I mean Ganon Zones? OK now I'm sure I understand the concept of zoning... and that picture has nothing to do with it... >_>

Vijin

Smash Ace
Renth is jut mad ebcause in Brawl, he's known as Granondorf.

Get it?

Granondorf? Lawlz!
But yeah. I hate brawl.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Yep the community was going well and getting even bigger right before brawl

its a shame everyone wants to take the easy road.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
without brawl i wouldnt have gotten into melee....

So im actually thankful...but sad I missed out on such good melee times cuz i didnt know about the community

Lareit

Smash Ace
without brawl i wouldnt have gotten into melee....

So im actually thankful...but sad I missed out on such good melee times cuz i didnt know about the community
They're just reliving the past through rose colored glasses.

The melee boreds were just as ******** back then. There just wasn't a dissident faction division.

So the elite Melee people were always just the elite melee people. Instead of the Elite Melee people, the elite brawl people(who the elite melee people mock due to brawl being a joke to them) and the casuals on both sides.

Truth of the matter they're all douche bags trying to make their peice of the pie sound tastier then everyone elses.

Internet forums. Psh

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman

The melee boreds were just as ******** back then. There just wasn't a dissident faction division.

So the elite Melee people were always just the elite melee people. Instead of the Elite Melee people, the elite brawl people(who the elite melee people mock due to brawl being a joke to them) and the casuals on both sides.

Truth of the matter they're all douche bags trying to make their peice of the pie sound tastier then everyone elses.

Internet forums. Psh
Dayum

10dayums

Zoro

Smash Champion

Internet forums. Psh
wrong

10 chars

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
Yep the community was going well and getting even bigger right before brawl

its a shame everyone wants to take the easy road.
and do you always insist on whining like a little *****?
Its like trying to tell people that coke is better then pepsi.
Its preference what game ppl like. Do u see brawl players going around saying "melee is garbage!". hardly. Which players are more mature? you tell me.
Its a year later, get over it.

video.. LOL.. couldnt watch the whole thing. nubs kept running away too much

GA Peach

Smash Lord

Internet forums. Psh
this person plays Brawl... :ohwell:

GA Peach

Smash Lord
and do you always insist on whining like a little *****?
Its like trying to tell people that coke is better then pepsi.
Its preference what game ppl like. Do u see brawl players going around saying "melee is garbage!". hardly. Which players are more mature? you tell me.
Its a year later, get over it.
you don't see it because Melee is, fundamentally, much better suited to be a competitive fighting game than Brawl, although both suck in comparison to most 2Ds, imo.

Ya **** RIGHT I double posted.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i play both... but im actually decent at brawl because i dont own either game

but when i get melee im gonna switch to mostly melee probably
<_<

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
you don't see it because Melee is, fundamentally, much better suited to be a competitive fighting game than Brawl, although both suck in comparison to most 2Ds, imo.
still thats all just opinion. People play whatever game they have the most FUN with.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Do u see brawl players going around saying "melee is garbage!". hardly. Which players are more mature? you tell me.
LOW TURN OUT! good. brawl is the future. accept it.
so all you just said is what i just said. its STILL low turnout wether its 32 pools of 4-6 or whatever. still lower than melee 2 years ago(have you forgot evo and fc and oc) and still lower than brawl in its first year.

melee is a sinking ship.
That's just 2 I could find that were made recently.There are plenty of trolls in the Brawl community.

tubes

Smash Ace

Internet forums. Psh
Except that most the brawl players I've seen don't play melee not because they think brawl is a better game but because they "suck at it". WELL OF COURSE YOU SUCK AT IT! You don't regularly play the game! your opponent has been playing for 2 or more years! Do you honestly expect to be able to win with absolutely no knowledge of the game? Go home and practice some tech skill! Get together with some better players and get some practice in with them! Melee is a great game and if you like Brawl then you'll love melee just as much it just takes a little bit of DEDICATION and EFFORT to get over its learning curve.

I really don't mind brawl that much but atm its just turned into everyone's excuse not to pick up melee.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

Internet forums. Pshp
This post is truth.

Some Melee players sound like the old 2D fighting players, always claiming their games competitive superiority despite low turn outs and lost appeal. Melee is amazing. You don't have to bash Brawl though if you like Melee. That's like trying to get Baseball players to switch to Basketball because their game has more scoring.

I do sorta feel bad for Melee players who didn't really get to experience the game in its prime. I will never forget FCD/SCC/P2/every MLG I went to.

Except that most the brawl players I've seen don't play melee not because they think brawl is a better game but because they "suck at it". WELL OF COURSE YOU SUCK AT IT! You don't regularly play the game! your opponent has been playing for 2 or more years! Do you honestly expect to be able to win with absolutely no knowledge of the game? Go home and practice some tech skill! Get together with some better players and get some practice in with them! Melee is a great game and if you like Brawl then you'll love melee just as much it just takes a little bit of DEDICATION and EFFORT to get over its learning curve.
Like I said earlier, this is like telling every Baseball player they should switch to x sport because x sport is "better" or "more competitive" or something.

tubes

Smash Ace
Like I said earlier, this is like telling every Baseball player they should switch to x sport because x sport is "better" or "more competitive" or something.
I hate this debate so much. Anyway, what I'm saying is more along the lines of "you should pick up x sport AS WELL!" and I get the feeling the reason they don't pick up X sport has alot less to do with weather they personally like the game or not and more to do with "but I suck at it".

To me its not about which one is better and more about why they DON'T pick up sport x.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I just don't understand why there is so much hatred between Melee players and Brawl players. Why can't you just let people play the game they want to play? It's not like it affects you or anything.

For example. I like both games, but I play only Brawl competitively. I don't go around screaming "OMG MELEE SUX!!11!!", even though others do. Same thing for the Melee community, too.

Just play what you want to play and stop this pointless bickering.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
@AlphaZealot - ...since when have the old 2D fighters had a low turn out? ST and 3S are still pretty strong. they might even be when SFIV becomes established due to being considerably different. anyway you look at it, though, Smash is fundamentally not a great fighting game comparatively, and Brawl even more so. i just like to spread the gospel of good games. Don't play Smash. Play GGXX and SFIV.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Lariet spoke mad truth...but, I do wanna say this.

The bickering between us about this topic truly saddened me for a little but I fell in love with the community and the game.

Most smashers Ive ever met are amazing people with unique personalitys which I love.

So we can stop an sing Kum Bah Yah or however the **** you spell it...

Every other community are either ***s or douchebags or both or the ladder idk, but Smash...

Smash is beautiful, an so is the community.

Old melee vets seem to forget how they fought to gain respect in the competitive gaming world and seem to feel as if they should be on a pedastool because of it this i do agree...

But not all of them. I just love the people in this ****ing community. It seems as if the personallity's smash attracts is due to the way it started, as it was humble uprising of non-respected players due to their love of a "non fighter" of a game and its "gay" appeal...

The fact is everyone and their mothers actually liked smash an everyone I have ever met except a handful have not experienced the glory as a child or now.

Close this.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
dont play action games play RPG's.
dont play kirby, play pit.
dont like dogs, like cats.
Sounds stupid doesnt it.
if you gave me legitimate reasons for making these choices, then it wouldn't. as of now, yes it does. i can give people LOTS of legitimate reasons to not play Brawl competitively.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Lariet spoke mad truth...but, I do wanna say this.

The bickering between us about this topic truly saddened me for a little but I fell in love with the community and the game.

Most smashers Ive ever met are amazing people with unique personalitys which I love.

So we can stop an sing Kum Bah Yah or however the **** you spell it...

Every other community are either ***s or douchebags or both or the ladder idk, but Smash...

Smash is beautiful, an so is the community.

Old melee vets seem to forget how they fought to gain respect in the competitive gaming world and seem to feel as if they should be on a pedastool because of it this i do agree...

But not all of them. I just love the people in this ****ing community. It seems as if the personallity's smash attracts is due to the way it started, as it was humble uprising of non-respected players due to their love of a "non fighter" of a game and its "gay" appeal...

The fact is everyone and their mothers actually liked smash an everyone I have ever met except a handful have not experienced the glory as a child or now.

Close this.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
if you gave me legitimate reasons for making these choices, then it wouldn't. as of now, yes it does. i can give people LOTS of legitimate reasons to not play Brawl competitively.
But you can't force your opinion on someone. That's the whole problem with this argument. People on both sides think that they are in the right, but they are both terribly wrong.

What if they don't want to play Melee? What if they don't want to play Brawl? Why must you try to change someone's opinion, and flame them if they don't?

And most importantly: Why can't we just be one big, happy community with everyone doing what they want to do?

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
But you can't force your opinion on someone. That's the whole problem with this argument. People on both sides think that they are in the right, but they are both terribly wrong.

What if they don't want to play Melee? What if they don't want to play Brawl? Why must you try to change someone's opinion, and flame them if they don't?

And most importantly: Why can't we just be one big, happy community with everyone doing what they want to do?
wow couldnt have said it better myself

tubes

Smash Ace

In the end your right but I'm going to continue to encourage people to play melee. Like you for instance. You mentioned earlier that you like melee. Ever consider taking it up competitively? It may seem like an impossible feat but its really surprising how quickly you pick up on things.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Nah, I really only want to focus on one game to be competitive in. I chose Brawl because I found it more fun to me, but I still like playing Melee friendlies. :)

Vijin

Smash Ace
A lot of melee players had high hopes for brawl, only for it to (IMO) be a steaming pile of pooh. I think a lot of melee players are just annoyed at the fact that this watered down version of melee is being played competitively.

tubes

Smash Ace
Nah, I really only want to focus on one game to be competitive in. I chose Brawl because I found it more fun to me, but I still like playing Melee friendlies. :)
I guess that's fine, I'm pretty much doing the same thing with guilty gear. If you ever find yourself bored though, try learning some o dem tech skills in melee by combo'in low level CPU's. Once you start getting some of the AT's down at first is a little meh but once you start to get it your freakin hooked! Nowadays I try to dedicate like 30 mins a day to tech-skill practice. I usually end up spending about an hour and a half to two hours on it because It's so much fun to do!

Zoro

Smash Champion

ah soka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom