• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Jul 4, 2015] FC Smash 15XR: Return (Notre Dame, IN)

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
We will be hosting a Super Smash Brothers Melee and Smash Brothers Wii U tournament taking place on the campus of Notre Dame.

Information Packet: http://goo.gl/lGHEvf
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlkSPRFVEws

Event Date: July 4-5

Event Location: University of Notre Dame

Event Details: Melee and Smash 4 Tournaments

Stream Partner: VGBootcamp will be our streamer!!!

Rules: See Information Packet

Dodge Ball: Yes

In addition to our Evo-style main events for singles, our throwback events will allow for some fun opportunities, especially our specially-crafted "throwback" ruleset for Smash 4 that will see people playing in ways that have never happened! Being on a college campus will also allow us to add some great community activities as well.

We will continue to announce some cool details over the next couple weeks. Thank you very much for the support so far!

Let’s do this.

Facebook Event Thread: https://www.facebook.com/events/795820207174947/

Last edited:

Fidyyuan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fidyyuan
Hopefully the day isn't set in stone since normally July 4 is a time for fireworks with family and stuff?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Dodgeball rules need to be strict. I am a dodgeball champion from my university (no joke) but I only threw a ball once at the very end. All about catching thrown balls and simply rolling one ball at a time to their side.

...will joshu be there

Overswarm

is laughing at you
you guys should use the FC:6 ruleset :3

no one will ever have a problem with that at all

dzee

Smash Rookie
NNID
dzee04
3DS FC
3883-7738-5356
The hype is realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll omgomgomgomg FC OMFGOMFG YES YES YES HYPE HYPE HYPE TRAIN.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
OVERSWARM I sure hope you can make it. ^_^

Let's chat sometime soon.

There will likely be a throwback event of some kind there...still working on the schedule.

Last edited:

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
OMG prime. It's been too long. This is going to be so ****ing epic xD

I turned down the chance of going to FC when I heard about it, and have regretted it ever since. Not going to let that happen now that I'm basically an adult lul.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Whether I can go depends on if there's independence day shenanigans. My family typically hosts one the weekend AFTER though, so I should be in the clear.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yesssss

Can we also please not use EVO's rules verbatim? Most of EVO's ruleset is designed with "we have hundreds of people here wtf will we do". I don't know about your region but over here we play 3 stock, it'd be pretty nice :3

Attendance for me basically comes down to a few things:
  • Do I have real world obligations on this date and time
  • Can I convince other people to ride with me since it is a trip

The former I'll find out fairly soon (my parents do a fireworks thing the week after, just gotta make sure the wife doesn't have plans for me on the 4th), the latter mostly depends on other people having obligations and ruleset thoughts and whatnot.

Also:

@ M mathos are you coming too?!?!?!?!?!

CoK vs. GUNPUNCH! rematch maybe? :B

(I think the last time I played Melee, you were there >_>)

Kel

Smash Master
Yes, please do 3 stock for Smash 4. 2 stock is very bad for competitive Smash 4. I'm sure OS and I would be willing to Skype chat with you guys to explain the current Smash 4 rules meta if you would like.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol @ Meta Knight banned in Melee

Your team stage list might actually make me practice Melee in preparation even though no one should lose to an old fogey like me :B

sad at Sm4sh EVO stuff, desperately wish for 3 stock / 8 minute timer

Wish skyloft was legal, it's another Delfino, although it does have some natural timer issues in campier matchups

Also FYI:
1. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent

or through the Stage Striking Method. The pattern of stage striking will be P1-P2-P2-P1.

^the above striking method is for 5 stages, but there are 7 on the list so it'd be P1-P1-P2-P2-P1-P2 or some variation thereof.

Also the suicide rule is a carry-over from Brawl, there is no randomizing factor for suicide moves anymore. If ZSS does her dair spike, she dies first. If Sheik does her dair spike, opponent dies first. Etc., etc.

If Bowser koopa suicides, he dies first; Opponents can sometimes even make it back to the stage by jumping and using their up+bs. With the current rule, you could grab someone with over-B, kill yourself, show your opponent on the victory screen, and you'd still have won. There are no SD moves to my knowledge that result in sudden death naturally.

Last edited:

Rizner

Smash Ace
For seven stages, I suggest striking 1,1,2,2,2,1. The person who strikes first (disadvantage) should also strike last (advantage).

Also just got the next few months of work scheduled, and looks like I'll be able to make this. OS and Kel, we should carpool.

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
2 Stock 5 minutes is perfect for Sm4sh, 3 stock 8 minutes takes waaaaay too long... Horrible experience at a tournament a couple months back with that.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Do you guys not... like smash? Our 3 stock games take 2-5 minutes.

mathos

Smash Champion
Overswarm, I'm definitely coming. I was a fool to miss the last one. Can't say that I'm in prime shape but it's all in good fun.

Top Bottom