• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Allow me to convey this in another way: The Island is Michael Phelps and the Mainland is a wishful paraplegic. Now, the mainland really REALLY wants to be able to swim, but can't. Michael Phelps wants to make the paraplegic swim by telling him every chance he gets that he trains daily. The mainland still can't swim, and now we're sad. :(
QFRAA

quoting for rather amusing analogy

:005:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
You guys don't need to have 10+ people show up every time. Most of my brawling for the last year was by going to Trevor's place, and it was just the two of us. If two people live relatively close to each other, just go to each other's place.

Edit: Other suggestions which we do on the Island:

-try to become a University or college club. At UVIC, as a club, we can book rooms to hold club-related events. We booked a room for every Wednesday evening, so that throughout the year, we can have smash club meetings in that room. Plus, at uvic, we get funding, so we can get TV's and stuff. Sure you may not necessarily find a place that is convenient for everyone, but at least it's a start.

-See if Home Videos will allow you to have, say, biweekly smash events (you will probably have to pay for that).'

-I know half the people here hate the melee people, but ask them if you can join them when they hold events (smash fests, tournaments, etc.)

Basically, just try stuff. If nobody does anything, obviously nothing will happen. I mean, for a while, you guys were banking on me coming to the mainland and hosting a tournament. Seriously, just do stuff and stuff will happen. It's kinda frustrating in my opinion watching you guys collapse on yourselves because you're all too lazy to do stuff.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Only going to the gym once a week?
Yeah D: Down from 5-6 times a week. I just don't have the time anymore. If I can squeeze another day or if I wake up early for some reason I'd go...

It's only $15 bucks a month at Club 16 so meh.

*Wouldn't mind starting things if I had an idea of how things were going on and I actually had the time/took a day off*

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I don't hate the Melee people, I don't even know the Melee people, but they already sound pro cause they play Melee. :awesome:

I'd be down for a part Melee part Brawl smashfest, or whatever. My only problem with that is I might drop Brawl for Melee. :troll:

I think when I've got some free time 100% I'll try hosting one, even though it can barely fit us MANLY Brawlers. Crisis if you can supply TVs, we'd just need to work out a time. Don't get hopes up on super soon cause i'm hella busy, but somewhere down the road it should be good.

PS. SKidd I never use MSN. Like evar. lol. You can add me on Skype though if you have one.

Btw Club 16 is hella packed. Go to the Aqtic Centre :o

SKidd

Smash Master
It's a good thing we have people like Sinister.

Even if it is just to keep up morale. <3

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I've been going to Club 16 for the past few months and it really isn't that packed.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I went to my friend's house and played smash all day today.

(smash 64)

In light of this I think I'll have to add an extra character icon

Captain L

Smash Champion
I refreshed at least 10 times with bitter disappointment. Thank you for replying Skidd.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'd post my usual interesting fact of the moment but those get ignored anyway. I was studying to make up for last night's slacking and had work at 3pm. Just got home 15 mins ago.

But yeah I stumbled across this a few days ago. It's the most bull**** MV/song I've ever heard.

Hm, and by the way... what is with the ridiculous requirements for the Debate Hall? I have to prove myself to post in a casual talk forum? Sigh...

Asa

Smash Hero
Yeah D: Down from 5-6 times a week. I just don't have the time anymore. If I can squeeze another day or if I wake up early for some reason I'd go...

It's only $15 bucks a month at Club 16 so meh.

*Wouldn't mind starting things if I had an idea of how things were going on and I actually had the time/took a day off*
you can just do **** at home lol there's always time

cookieless

Smash Cadet
Do you guys still have these cause i have been looking for a community and bc just found u guyz

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Depends on where you live. Victoria has smash fests every Wednesdays, the lower mainland is about to start doing smashfests of their own (there is a lower mainland tournament happening on I believe July 16th), and other than that, I believe most of BC is relatively dead as far as brawl goes. Where do you live?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
He's Langley so it's a ***** commute wherever he goes.. Islanders suck though, Brawl lives in the mainland. Help us stay up Cookie :awesome:

SKidd

Smash Master
I refresh a lot. Every 5 minutes, at least.

Having no posts really sucks. But now we've had an explosion of new posts(Compared to yesterday).

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Why are you guys calling him cookies when he is cookieless? :p

Anyways, who do you main cookie?

And yeah, you should come on the 16th. Assuming no other priorities get in the way, I'm coming from the island, and may or may not come with a few others as well.

And lol Skidd. You win this round... :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Obviously it has to be King Dedede, Kirby, or Yoshi.

How else can he be cookieless?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, our regular venue. Any info is in the OP if you need it. Marth isn't cookieless, what would make us believe THAT?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm... apparently you can't buy premium status anymore so how do I go about changing my username again?

SKidd

Smash Master
Wii just broke. Won't read any discs.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Top Bottom