• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Captain L

Smash Champion
So 16th is seeming like a good idea since we'll get IHT and Grape, plus Blue Yoshi won't have his father's birthday to possibly conflict. I can also confirm a 64 side event. ;)

I'll book it tomorrow then?

SKidd

Smash Master
Cool. I'm pretty sure I can go.

And by pretty sure I mean 99.9%.
So yeah.
Hype. :3

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Yeah I guess i'm not going to Genesis so I should be there.

Any MMs?

Crisis

Smash Ace
I probably missed this somewhere but why do they have to be on Saturdays? I'll probably come and only pay for the venue and play friendlies.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I made the call, 16th it is. :bee:

BC brawl will live again! (and 64)

Saturdays work best for most people I thought.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Cool, thanks Captain L! :D

Someone took initiative!

Yeah I wondered about the Saturdays too. I assumed it was something about when you could book the venue.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
@Killsex - Mad expensive but maybe (but I doubt it)

@RandomDiddyMain - Only the seriousest(Inb4SKidd) seriouslies :awesome:

@SKidd - kkkkkkk

I can probably make this Tourney but Saturdays aren't usually good for me. I can work around it if that's when everyone else is free though so it's cool. It's summer for most people though so I'd assume it could really be any day?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, Saturdays are really just a norm because it's generally what works for most people. If hosting on a Sunday or any other day works better, there's no reason why it shouldn't work. The venue should be fine with it, I would think; they're open every day, and having it not on a Saturday might even be better because Yu-Gi-Oh usually happens those days. Of course, it's always good to check with the venue first before confirming these things.

Captain Lifesaver

:005:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I have an idea for a side event. Basically, it's just your normal bracket. However, within a set, you may not use the same character more than once. So in a best of 3, if you use Ganondorf first, you cannot use Ganondorf for the rest of that set. If you use Falcon second, then if it goes to game 3, you can't use Falcon or Ganon. So in other words, you have to use more than just one character throughout the tournament. Winners and Loser's and Grand Finals are best of 5's, so you may need to use 5 characters. I'm curious to see how people do when they can't rely on only one character (and I'm sure almost everyone can play as more than one character, so why not in a tournament setting?) :p I'm just trying to think of a fun event that wouldn't often be done, just for the fun of it.

Also, low tiers event. Jake's not here, so now's the best time to do it :troll:

But more importantly than both, 64. Depending on attendance, we may have time for all of these :p

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Sunday should actually usually be a better day than Saturday. Less businesses are open, and often people have Sunday off. The reason Saturday is a norm is because people can stay up later than on Sunday, but in the summer there really shouldn't be much of a difference.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I like Blue Yoshi's side event, and I would love to play Low Tiers (does this include bottom tier of mid also, or only actual low tiers?)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I have an idea for a side event. Basically, it's just your normal bracket. However, within a set, you may not use the same character more than once. So in a best of 3, if you use Ganondorf first, you cannot use Ganondorf for the rest of that set. If you use Falcon second, then if it goes to game 3, you can't use Falcon or Ganon. So in other words, you have to use more than just one character throughout the tournament. Winners and Loser's and Grand Finals are best of 5's, so you may need to use 5 characters. I'm curious to see how people do when they can't rely on only one character (and I'm sure almost everyone can play as more than one character, so why not in a tournament setting?) :p I'm just trying to think of a fun event that wouldn't often be done, just for the fun of it.

Also, low tiers event. Jake's not here, so now's the best time to do it :troll:

But more importantly than both, 64. Depending on attendance, we may have time for all of these :p
I would love that. I have exactly 5 characters I can play competently enough that I'd be comfortable using them in tournament. :troll: I'm pretty sure Brian would wreck everybody though, as he would with most side event ideas. (except low tiers =D)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yes yes yes to Sunday. I can take a Sunday off far more easily than Saturday.

Not that I ever had a "friendly" or a "tournament" before but Low Tiers sound good to me.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I like low tiers more than that other thing.

Mostly cause I can only play 1 character well + get random rests with Jiggs

Asa

Smash Hero
1. I miss BC soooooooo much.
2. Don't have a smash tournament on the 16th, that's genesis. y'all should be watching the stream.
3. Doing nitrous oxide shots at work is fun.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
I would love that. I have exactly 5 characters I can play competently enough that I'd be comfortable using them in tournament. :troll: I'm pretty sure Brian would wreck everybody though, as he would with most side event ideas. (except low tiers =D)

you think i can't wreck in low tiers? there's not really any low tier mains besides you

and if you mean i can't wreck in low tiers because of you, then i challenge you to a low tier mm when you get back ;O

also i won't be coming to this tourney anyways so nobody needs to worry about me wrecking anybody

bundtcake

Smash Ace
work + other priorities, i don't really have any free days for a tournament; possibly a smashfest, but definitely not a tournament

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
2. Don't have a smash tournament on the 16th, that's genesis. y'all should be watching the stream.
Uh...Genesis is hype and all, but I think getting a date that allows this community to actually stop being dead takes priority over everybody's capacity to be streammonsters for the entire weekend. =/

you think i can't wreck in low tiers? there's not really any low tier mains besides you

and if you mean i can't wreck in low tiers because of you, then i challenge you to a low tier mm when you get back ;O
Well okay, you'd win low tiers now. Happy?

But yeah, if you want to donate money to me like that, I'll take it...as long as I'm past my inevitable initial rust mode when I get back. :x

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
who cares about brawl results..

july 16 sounds good to me

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
if you guys really care about genesis, who don't any of you guys bring a laptop to the tournament?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Ok, first of all, I would win a low tier event. Second of all, I would beat Brian at a different-character set. Third, nobody cares about Genesis. Fourth, the Victoria smash scene is 20% cooler than the mainland smash scene. Fifth, I could jv 9-stock all of you in ten seconds flat. Sixth, brawl sucks, play smash 64.

Hi guys <(^o^)>

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Sure has been showoffy in here the past few days. It's cooler to suck. Pro tip.

^Hi. :D

Kantrip

Kantplay
Gee, it sure is boring around here....

Mah boi! This peace is what all true warriors strive for!

I just wonder what Ganon's up to!

-sees Blue Yoshi-
Oh he-

*smacked by gloating*

Blue Yoshi, I could beat you at a best of 5 no repeating characters set! :awesome:

Top Bottom