• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Here's my gift :) But spoilers don't work wth.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Sinister and I**

lern2correct english

:phone:
Actually, since Sinister and Deap are the objects in the sentence (not subjects such as I, you), Sinister and me is correct. Subjects need to have a verb associated with them and "Sinister and I" does not.

inb4grammarnazi

Edit: Ninja'd

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
so

who wants to go to victoria with me and sinister??
Who is the subject, proceeded by a verb. Doesn't matter who is "who".

I is a subjective noun and requires a verb. Would you really say: Who wants to brawl with I?

Me is an objective noun and you wouldn't say: Me want to brawl with you.

I am fairly sure the person talking cannot be the object of their own sentence.
If he was talking in the third person for some kind of literary effect... Lol >.<

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Sinister and i would like to brawl you Killsex

But dat beauty sleep

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
rob, i need to talk with sinister about that stuff.

i finish school at 12,so it would be great to take the 4 a clock ferril.

also, are you going to be there on sunday too??

i need you to give me a ride to the ferril on sunday too.. i dunno how to get there by myself.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I will be there both days for hopefully the entire time both days. Sunday there's an event I want to enter, if it ends up being on Sunday. There are also other things I have planned for Sunday, like a MARIO PARTY MONEY MATCH!!! LOLOL :p

But yeah, back to being serious, worst case scenario, and I can't drive you all the way to the ferry, I can drive you to a bus that takes you straight to the ferry. No transfers or anything. I'll try to drive you, but if, say, an event is starting in 10 minutes, I won't have time to go to the ferry and back... We'll figure something out so it works. I will pick you guys up from the ferry regardless.

SKidd

Smash Master
If you said 'I went to the party', you would then say, 'Sinister and I went to the party'.
If you said 'The cop pulled me over', you would then say, 'The cop pulled Sinister and me over'.

If Deap did not include Sinister in his sentence, he would have said "Who wants to go to Victoria with me?"(But in ****ty Mexican English). So, it should have been, 'Who wants to go to Victoria with Sinister and me?'.
... Yeah. I never understood the subject object ****, I just know things in the simplest possible terms. Lol.
Say, Aleate, you seem to know a lot. If you end a sentence with a quote, is it necessary to add a period after the last quotation mark?

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
If you said 'I went to the party', you would then say, 'Sinister and I went to the party'.
If you said 'The cop pulled me over', you would then say, 'The cop pulled Sinister and me over'.

If Deap did not include Sinister in his sentence, he would have said "Who wants to go to Victoria with me?"(But in ****ty Mexican English). So, it should have been, 'Who wants to go to Victoria with Sinister and me?'.
... Yeah. I never understood the subject object ****, I just know things in the simplest possible terms. Lol.
Say, Aleate, you seem to know a lot. If you end a sentence with a quote, is it necessary to add a period after the last quotation mark?
yo ****in skid shut the **** up

english is not my first language, ur comment about my english pissed me of.

its like if said "hey yo lets speak spanish,italian,catalan,portuguese etc. oh sorry i forgot that you can only speak 1 useful language hahaha"

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^Hola. Swiper no swiping x3 Dw about it lol, English is my second language too :D

Punctuation goes before the quotation never after, Blue Yoshi's got it right.

I wish I'd practise what I preach when I explain grammar to others. (Note: practise opposed to practice as the two words are different) I think I messed this thread up. It's hella weird.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
^Hola. Swiper no swiping x3 Dw about it lol, English is my second language too :D

Punctuation goes before the quotation never after, Blue Yoshi's got it right.

I wish I'd practise what I preach when I explain grammar to others. (Note: practise opposed to practice as the two words are different) I think I messed this thread up. It's hella weird.

sorry dude, but chinese is ugly lol

oh yeah, i have only been here less than 1 year and i can speak very well compared to many people, in 2 or 3 more years i'll speak kinda like a native canadian.

Asa

Smash Hero
Instead of snapping, you could just learn from your mistakes, Deap.

Would you be interested in some wifi, Aleate?

bundtcake

Smash Ace
yo ****in skid shut the **** up

english is not my first language, ur comment about my english pissed me of.

its like if said "hey yo lets speak spanish,italian,catalan,portuguese etc. oh sorry i forgot that you can only speak 1 useful language hahaha"
really? you put down everyone's taste in everything and then ***** when someone corrects your grammar?

yo ****in deap shut the **** up

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
really? you put down everyone's taste in everything and then ***** when someone corrects your grammar?

yo ****in deap shut the **** up
yeah

i dont care if he corrected my grammar or not, but the way he said it pissed me off

whatever, i dont care:)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I agree with Deap, when I read the "bad mexican english", I knew it wasn't going to turn out well. And for the record, I am also in the group where English is not my first language. I'm pretty sure about 1/3 to 1/2 of the people here may fall under that category.

Deap, my phone number is (999) 999-9999. If that doesn't work (or you somehow called Wayne Gretzky instead), try (250) 896-5389.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
I agree with Deap, when I read the "bad mexican english", I knew it wasn't going to turn out well. And for the record, I am also in the group where English is not my first language. I'm pretty sure about 1/3 to 1/2 of the people here may fall under that category.

Deap, my phone number is (999) 999-9999. If that doesn't work (or you somehow called Wayne Gretzky instead), try (250) 896-5389.
yo thanks for the support rob

anyways, i have to talk with sinister!! i dunno how to get to the ferri

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Of everyone who looks at this thread, I am the only person with the power to ban Deap. But I won't turn on a fellow Football-loving melee-playing English-Second-Language-er :p

Easy way to get to the ferry: Get on the skytrain (any skytrain). Go to the Waterfront station. Go on the Canada Line Skytrain. Get off at Bridgeport. Take the 620 bus to the ferry.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
you shouldn't ban him but I think you should delete his extra posts until he figures out how to communicate everything he wants to say into just one post ;(

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am gonna start reporting you in the provincial thread I am not part of.

Saying practice and practise are different words is like saying colour and color are different words. At least I am 90% sure.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Funny enough, I can't do that. I can infract and ban him, but I can't change things in this thread. I can only do stuff in the 64 boards (and a few other places).

But I do know the right people that can do that, but I don't think they'd want to come down every second to fix Deap, Asa, Basil, (insert other Asa alt accounts) and other people's double posts.

Top Bottom