• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Guys, we should all stop being hermits and start doing stuff! Today was soooo much fun <3

Captain L

Smash Champion
I just read the latest update of brawl minus and they removed QAC... wow

first world problems

Captain L

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319116

"Pikachu
Shooting Quick Attack into the ground puts Pikachu into a tripped state, where he can immediately roll forward/backward, getup attack, or stand.
Quick Attack cancels into Footstools to compensate."

it's under the spoiler labelled patch level 3

also under that spoiler

"Pikachu
aerial jolt jc delayed 20 frames
grounded jolt "ground" cancel removed
BAir momentum -2 -> -1.8
USmash damage 18 -> 16"

So basically all he got was nerfs, and he wasn't even the best anymore

those jolt cancels were so good and they just decided to kill it completely. I wish they'd just lowered the damage on jolts instead, would've made me still feel good and be able to use them for combos

By the way, Dawson and I are gonna live stream a low-level pit of 100 trials run for paper mario 2 sometime, y'all should watch. And by low level, I mean I've planned out a way to do it right after getting back from glitzville

Arcansi

Smash Champion
[the changes + link]

So basically all he got was nerfs, and he wasn't even the best anymore
So just because he's not the best he shouldn't recieve nerfs?

those jolt cancels were so good and they just decided to kill it completely. I wish they'd just lowered the damage on jolts instead, would've made me still feel good and be able to use them for combos
Have you tried to do any of what your saying with the new changes? The ground cancel change isn't a removal of the jump cancel, and the jump cancel was delayed because kirby, yes kirby, could make a wall of tjolts with pika hat.

Captain L

Smash Champion
so pikachu was nerfed because of kirby? That's even lamerrr

I'm just saying I thought the whole point of Brawl minus was that if a character was overpowered, they'd bring everyone else up to that level instead of bringing the overpowered character down. Yes I understand that's pretty unrealistic to expect and could easily result in a completely destroyed game, but when they're nerfing characters who aren't even the best, makes me wonder if they changed their philosophy.

I'm not necessarily saying that what they did was a bad change from a competitive standpoint, it's just my opinion that it contradicts the original goal of the project. Which is that if the game is broken, break it until it's fixed.

Asa

Smash Hero
also LOL kev that isn't her hand XD it's the background. her hand is at her side

Asa

Smash Hero
just an artisitic rendition of the human hand, like how some cartoons have 4 finger hands

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I think it was a mistake haha.

Legislation for ending the HST starts today... watch our PST skyrocket to insane levels!

:phone:

Drake12

Smash Ace
In my opinion sometimes characters need the nerfs. Characters are supposed to be super good, but they still need to be balanced. Theres necessary stuff like robs bair was ********. If they wanted characters to be too good then they'd put in IC chaingrabs and such.
What they tried to do is get rid of the gimmicks, like bowser as a character, marios metal cap or (maybe) pikachus quickattack cancel? This is all my guesses is all.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
At least I don't have to pay $40 dollars for a small portion of Sushi/Sashimi <3

Asa

Smash Hero
why on earth would you want brawl- to be balanced loool

the more broken the better

Arcansi

Smash Champion
so pikachu was nerfed because of kirby? That's even lamerrr
In what situations does this actually nerf an action that you would want to do with Pika?

I'm just saying I thought the whole point of Brawl minus was that if a character was overpowered, they'd bring everyone else up to that level instead of bringing the overpowered character down. Yes I understand that's pretty unrealistic to expect and could easily result in a completely destroyed game, but when they're nerfing characters who aren't even the best, makes me wonder if they changed their philosophy.
They never changed their philosophy.

It was just never that to begin with. A long time ago they nerfed wolf, because he was insane too.

I'm not necessarily saying that what they did was a bad change from a competitive standpoint, it's just my opinion that it contradicts the original goal of the project. Which is that if the game is broken, break it until it's fixed.
You could consider that the artistic goal, not the technical one.

Asa

Smash Hero
arcansi is probably right. might take less work to fix one character than the whole roster

Top Bottom