• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Asa

Smash Hero
Ok guys. So IrisZ and Scorch want to come to the next monthly on the 7th. They may have to take a greyhound to get there. In the event of this, they would need housing. Could anyone provide it for them?

| Big D |

Smash Master
It seems like this thread is dead.

So I'mma suggest a little something to get the pot stirring. (Don't hate me Jake)

Anyhoo, as we all know, Mk is banned at the next monthly.

However, his future isn't set in stone.

The addition of Mk is just another rule, however there are many different rule sets out there.

Right now there are 3 main ones.

Unity

Apex

Japanese

The problem with "tweaking" a rule set is deciding on a rule set is hard enough, and nobody is going to agree entirely anyway, as it's hard enough to gather a general consensus as it is.

Personally I feel like sticking with Unity is the best for us. MK ruined the CP system that brawl had to offer with it's numerous stages. It evened many MUs and took an extra element of skill to learn the stage. A skill that can be worked on and used.

However with MK legal, I'd much rather prefer the Japanese rule set.

I said rule set and not stage list because their stage list just simply does not work well with our CP system and would be considered a "tweak"

With that said nothing said here is fact but however my opinion.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Since tweaks and forming our own ruleset is clearly out of the question, I say we stick with Unity.

Banned - Unity
Legal - Japanese

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I have yet to see proof of a Japanese stagelist having Delfino in it. Just saying. With this said though, I support MK legal with the Japanese rules.

Also, I am the most stupid person on Earth. During the course of this semester... I have already lost 3 USB sticks >_>

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well I love the Japanese ruleset in the first post of the Alberta thread :)

We should use that.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
DK, Bowser, Dildo, and DeDeDe, confirmed for next P:M Demo!

Get hype, yo.

I'll try digging up the stage list, at the moment it looks like;SV/BF/FD/PS1/YI. I honestly have no idea about Delfino.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Says who? Says some guy on AiB?

All these variations :p

Stick with the original.

I've found more matches on delfino than ps1, lylat, and yoshi's.

It was legal in 2011...

Prob legal now.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Proof please?

Just looking at Alberta's ruleset and Google searching something like "Brawl Japanese Ruleset" will suggest Delfino is not legal.

| Big D |

Smash Master
It's all from one guy's post on AiB.

I've posted tourney matches on delfino in my previous pos, there are other posts that suggest PS1 isn't legal and delfino is.

Until we find the stage list on that website I posted, I'm inclined to think Delfino is legal.

I've found vids from offline and online tourneys.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Most sources seem to say the Japanese ruleset is only played on FD, BF and SV

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316518&
Just about to post the same thing;

All I can find on the site that's even remotely relevant suggest they only use the standard 3 starters.. SV/BF/FD. Everywhere I check is super inconsistent with what their stage list is. :urg:

JapaneseSWF said:
(Tournament finals winning side is this preoccupation 2) 10 minutes 3 ​​stock in both qualifying tournament two league finals. so the paper will be distributed to each block to fill the results against 3., please fill out. Stage 4 play. Will use the three stages of the village, battlefield-end Suma.  Do rock-paper-scissors player to play against each other,  and then "choose from the two remaining side is the losing side will be chosen as the denial stage one of the three-stage, and won."  Please make a selection after stage character was decided. Five.
source

That being said I'm still not sure what their stage list actually is, and I wouldn't mind making certain stages legal.

| Big D |

Smash Master
LC

YI

Delfino

PS1

^ I saw that, I'm not sure if it means for game 1 or not :p

But it seems to suggest that they really do play on those 3 stages.

But at the same time there are so many tournament matches being played on these stages.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
So that's where you got your ugly Lylat texture huh?

still ugly

But yeah, it's really hard to find something that explicitly states their stages, lol. Still wouldn't mind adding stages anyways, like I said.

iLink

Smash Champion
Those matches might be non-standard/official rulesets maybe. People all over the US/Canada play with different stagelists so it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to assume the same for japan.

I've always been told the standard was the 3 neutrals but ultimately I'm not 100% sure.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Wifi uses these stages too, and their battle rank system uses the same rules :p

I used to think that the rule sets were different from East Japan and West Japan. (West Japan using the janky stages)

In the Top Player round robin they used theses stages though, so it's not like they would change them for something like that.

Ya I'm really inclined to believe they have no unified rule set at this point :p

It would explain so a much...

| Big D |

Smash Master
SRT is East Japan.

Also it seems like the LGL at this tourney does not reflect the LGL on the info site I linked.

The one I linked had 60 while SRT has 50.

I'm thinking a "Japanese Rule Set" Doesn't even exist atm.

It could go Region by region.

And the vids I found could just be the "Nova Scotia" of Japan.

Regardless, I don't believe we should go from 13 stages to 3.

If we were to use the "Japanese ruleset" the stage list should be 6-7 stages regardless whether delfino is legal or not.

WITH THAT SAID

If we were to use use a japanese type ruleset, we may as well go for the popular one which is the SRT.

In that case it would mean

Starters:
BF
SV
FD

CP
LC
PS1
YI

10min timer

50 lgl

You cannot ban neutrals on CP

While there are many rule sets floating around, we may as well use this one, since it seems to be the most popular one as of late.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
So who wants to do some smash tomorrow, Thursday?
People who are interested;
Firefly
Sinister
Deap(Probably)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Ok so

Thursday Smash March 28th CONFIRMED;
Firefly (1:30-2:00)
Sinister +1 wii(1:00-1:40)
Deap (probably)
Buntcake

Captain L

Smash Champion
just postin to say I have nothin to say, also you guys are the best smash community ever!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I don't think Courier's gonna take part in any event anymore. :)

BC Brawl is awesome<3

Top Bottom