• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Also I think I'm done with smash.
But why? You can't quit Brawl before I do!

Religious discussion is terrible. Nothing good ever comes out of it... believe me I've literally been beat up before for arguing against certain things (by my cousin that is)...

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Btw Arcansi, check these out;

One - Not so much this one.
Two - Self-explanatory
Three - Didn't capitalize
Four - Mostly just Eric being free lololol
Five - My DI would've let me live that one

Some more of our beloved Stage

One - Even with my amazing reaction it essentially set a frame trap
Two - I'm only mad he teched it LOL
Three - To a small degree, including it because it happens all too often.
Four - Not that i'm complaining

Just because I know you've wanted to see stuff like this for a long, long time. And no one really gave you much other than a couple clips here and there. Some of these weren't death scenarios but you should know what I was trying to say. I personally love this stage now, but it just shouldn't and probably won't ever be Tourney legal.

Everyone knows how much Picto has ***** me in the past, matches that probably weren't recorded. Not to mention everyone's been stuck by the long **** of Picto before.

So yeah, take that for what it's worth.

also..

i swear they say ****ing ARCANSI in the song..

:wolf:
Ahaha. Thanks a lot for these, but I mean, there is a 100% chance that every hazard you hit or got gimped/dumbed out by the stage, it was your fault.

Your ability to plank was garaunteed, espicially for a 5 second window.

Those things only prove that you played on picto wrong, sorry.

If you don't want the randomness to affect you, dont let it. It's not like you can't plank.

The hazards/line just make it a CP and not a neutral, assuming we don't ever start FLoSSing

However, thank you a lot for finally providing clips such as these.

Drake12

Smash Ace
How do you guys think X youth group would react if I started to openly question christianity in a questioning manner. (Why are gay animals allowed to stay gay but humans can't marry? Shouldn't gods word apply to them too?, etc.)

Not that I plan to do it. I just plan to question actual Christians.
Just so you know, I'm in bible college and I've recently learned that the bible isn't nearly as black and white about 'gay' being wrong, not nearly as much as christians put it out as.

With your logic you are saying that animals should abide by God's word...so why is it ok for an animal to kill another animal of the same species, not perhaps not love their neighbour. heck, they aren't even able to recognize God existing so they can't love him. (Note: All this is assumed that you believe it in the first place).

I actually jumped on here to state that I am not coming to the next monthly, I simply can't :(

Drake12

Smash Ace
We always have some enjoyable friendlies, just **** around with some random characters or whatevs :/
I'll be in Van for a week before p7, so I wanna friendly before then.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I'd really love some quality ROB experience before Phoenix, i'll give you lots of Wolf :smirk:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So something really sad happened today... my super special Saturday shift is being cancelled because there's not enough orders to make operating on Saturday profitable...

My last shift will be April 21, and my new shift on Sunday starts effective April 29th. This means... I can make it for doubles for P7 so I'm definitely looking for a partner! If anybody wants to partner that would be awesome... but I prefer somebody that's aggressive since I'm not :p

This also means... when Jake is gone at least there's a possibility I could host stuff though I'm not very qualified :o

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The clouds have parted, the planets have aligned...P7 doubles belongs to ZELDA!

Seriously, somebody should team with Courier. Having a Zelda on your team is actually one of the best ways to frustrate the hell out of your opponent. XD

Drake, I'll play with you every day the week before the tournament if you want. =p Sucks you can't come though. =[

:005:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha, is he really coming Bryan? :o

I think Zelda is really good at doubles, but there are certain characters that make things a little difficult :( Can you imagine Zelda and ROB spamming projectiles all day? :p

I think I want to change my username back to my old one too.

Okay Caiden! Are you using Fox? That sounds like a good combination! I can use Peach too if you prefer... I've been practising her in Doubles :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well I don't mind who you use but I don't think double Zelda is very good since Zelda needs an aggressive partner. I think Fox/Zelda and Peach/Zelda (especially this one!) are really good combinations.

If you want to use Zelda, I'll use Peach. If you use Fox, I'll go Zelda. :)

Legend of Korra episode 2 is out. Watch it guys!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lol well while Zelda continues to camp with Din's, her partner will go in and attack!

Drake12

Smash Ace
Drake, I'll play with you every day the week before the tournament if you want. =p Sucks you can't come though. =[

:005:
^This. Totally down for tons o practice, I'll be sure to keep in touch to play some games. Also applies to others, my NS brosef (Atilla) wants to play lots of guys for the 2 weeks he is here.

Asa

Smash Hero
Bryan:so i just watched human centipede 2 with !!!m@iK and fallln via skype

JJ:whyyyyy
would you do that?
lmao

Bryan:cuz
we watched #1 yesterday rofl

JJ:****ing nasty
lol

Bryan:the first one was just dumb
the second one
was ****ed
lol

JJ:was it as bad as the legends foretold?

Bryan:the first one
ya
second one
was better
in the second one
it's revealed
that the first movie

JJ:plz dont tell me the second one makes the firt one look tame

Bryan:is just a fake film
ppl were acting

JJ:oh god dont

Bryan:ya
but
the guy watching
he's like

JJ:i want to sleep tonight

Bryan:...yes.. i'll do it

JJ:nopenopenope

Bryan:so he kidnaps ppl
12 of them

JJ:NOPENOPENOPE

Bryan:with his trusty crowbar
and like
it's so surprising

JJ:NOPING SO HARD RIGHT NOW

Bryan:he like

JJ:TAKE HINT

Bryan:OHKO's ppl
with a CROWBAR
they're bleeding hella
but like

JJ:NOOOOOOPPWW

Bryan:they somehow live

JJ:EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
NOPE
NOPE
NOPE
NOPE
nnope

Bryan:oh i gotta finish tho

JJ:NOPE

Bryan:so he builds the centipede

JJ:NO YOU DONT
NOPENOPENOPE

Bryan:and the front person
won't eat

JJ:NOOOOOPE

Bryan:so he forces a funnel down

JJ:nope
nope
nope

Bryan:then he injects all of them with laxative

i hate you

Bryan:then you can hear the poo noise

NOPE
NOPE

Bryan:then after
he gets excited

JJ:OH MY ****ING GOD NOPE

Bryan:and ***** the end of the centipede
lololol

JJ:i am disowning you

Bryan:LOL

JJ:...

Bryan:the whole movie was in black and white
except for the poo
lolol
so artsy
it's saying
"this movie is ****
all you see is ****
but ya
was kinda hard to watch at some parts
lol XD

its hard to read about
DID YOU NOT SEE HOW HARD I WAS NOPING

Bryan:i didn't even tell you all the bad stuff
jeez

JJ:thats cause **** you

∫unk

Smash Master
Ahaha. Thanks a lot for these, but I mean, there is a 100% chance that every hazard you hit or got gimped/dumbed out by the stage, it was your fault.
If the stage hazards are random (but in a cycle), besides having stupid good memory how can you know if spikes of death are going to show up at the wrong time? You have to plank through until formations that can kill you are out of the cycle?

Your ability to plank was garaunteed, espicially for a 5 second window.
Transitions are 13 seconds long iirc. Anyways, planking is not competitive and should be discouraged. There's no depth to planking, it's just something you have to do because the stage is dumb.

Those things only prove that you played on picto wrong, sorry.
I'm having trouble seeing what that Falcon could have done. He was in the air at death percents when spikes of death showed up, creating an MK-like air trap except Snake got to chill on the ground. Snake could have actually done more in that situation to make it worse for Falcon but the kill was easy anyway.

The hazards/line just make it a CP and not a neutral, assuming we don't ever start FLoSSing
The random hazards make the stage unplayable.

Stages like Dreamland/Battlefield/Yoshi's Story are competitive and starter quality.

Remember, one of the goals of the game was to go away from Melee's competitive nature. They also spent most of their development on single player mode. Tripping and a paltry stage list for competition are some of the design results of this flawed intention.

Lol well while Zelda continues to camp with Din's, her partner will go in and attack!
Zelda is so annoying in doubles! I live and die by my shield and I think she's one of the few characters that can do good shield damage from distance. She also has a good shield stab with u-smash D:

Bryan:then after
he gets excited

JJ:OH MY ****ING GOD NOPE
yeahhhh

T-block

B2B TST
Btw Arcansi, check these out;

One - Not so much this one.
Two - Self-explanatory
Three - Didn't capitalize
Four - Mostly just Eric being free lololol
Five - My DI would've let me live that one

Some more of our beloved Stage

One - Even with my amazing reaction it essentially set a frame trap
Two - I'm only mad he teched it LOL
Three - To a small degree, including it because it happens all too often.
Four - Not that i'm complaining

Just because I know you've wanted to see stuff like this for a long, long time. And no one really gave you much other than a couple clips here and there. Some of these weren't death scenarios but you should know what I was trying to say. I personally love this stage now, but it just shouldn't and probably won't ever be Tourney legal.

Everyone knows how much Picto has ***** me in the past, matches that probably weren't recorded. Not to mention everyone's been stuck by the long **** of Picto before.

So yeah, take that for what it's worth.

also..

i swear they say ****ing ARCANSI in the song..

i tried to look at what you were showcasing but all i could do was gee gee gee gee

Arcansi

Smash Champion
First off, this would be more suitable in the pictochat thread. Anyway....

If the stage hazards are random (but in a cycle), besides having stupid good memory how can you know if spikes of death are going to show up at the wrong time? You have to plank through until formations that can kill you are out of the cycle?
You don't have to plank at all. It's 100% possible to disengage from your opponent if you don't want to feel the transformation without planking and stay safe. I mean, it's only five seconds.

Transitions are 13 seconds long iirc. Anyways, planking is not competitive and should be discouraged. There's no depth to planking, it's just something you have to do because the stage is dumb.
I was talking about planking the transformation time (transformations having hazards just make it a CP not a banned stage). Also, planking has depth. There are counters and yomi levels within planking, they're just really slanted.

I'm having trouble seeing what that Falcon could have done. He was in the air at death percents when spikes of death showed up, creating an MK-like air trap except Snake got to chill on the ground. Snake could have actually done more in that situation to make it worse for Falcon but the kill was easy anyway.
1. Not be engaged when transformations are going to come up. That's the only real option he needs.

The random hazards make the stage unplayable.

Stages like Dreamland/Battlefield/Yoshi's Story are competitive and starter quality.
The randomness makes the stage no more unplayable then peach vs peach on Picto.

Or a game where peach randomly grabs 2 bombs. One on her first pull, and one in the middle of the game.

Remember, one of the goals of the game was to go away from Melee's competitive nature. They also spent most of their development on single player mode. Tripping and a paltry stage list for competition are some of the design results of this flawed intention.
You can't logically call it flawed because you aren't them or the guy who put it in motion.

∫unk

Smash Master
You don't have to plank at all. It's 100% possible to disengage from your opponent if you don't want to feel the transformation without planking and stay safe. I mean, it's only five seconds.
Disengaging every 13 seconds for 5 seconds doesn't seem competitive to me.

I was talking about planking the transformation time (transformations having hazards just make it a CP not a banned stage). Also, planking has depth. There are counters and yomi levels within planking, they're just really slanted.
What does slanted mean in this context? Where is the depth in planking? Spell this one out for me, because this seems ridiculous.

1. Not be engaged when transformations are going to come up. That's the only real option he needs.
This is not a good option for competitive play. "Not engaging" shouldn't be encouraged.

The randomness makes the stage no more unplayable then peach vs peach on Picto.
Not sure why they're playing on Picto. Peach's randomness isn't competitive either I've lost to a Peach that pulled an insane amount of beam swords and bombs. If every 20 pulls she got something good, then it would be more competitive.

If something has an element of random and it drastically changes the situation, then the random element is not competitive. Same reason we don't have random items.

Or a game where peach randomly grabs 2 bombs. One on her first pull, and one in the middle of the game.
I've lost to a peach that pulled 7 bombs/beamswords in one game. It wasn't a long game. I lost that game because for that one game Peach was top tier.

I've never dropped a game to that peach otherwise.

You can't logically call it flawed because you aren't them or the guy who put it in motion.
I can logically call anything flawed based on the definitions of the words.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Disengaging every 13 seconds for 5 seconds doesn't seem competitive to me.
It's competitive because of the actual massive amount of depth picto has, and disengaging stages like PS2 being legal also make a case for it being legal.

What does slanted mean in this context? Where is the depth in planking? Spell this one out for me, because this seems ridiculous.
I'm planking, your falco and on the stage. Say you know im going to fall > safe uair > go for ledge. You can jump over the safe uair and bair me safely, beating out air dodge should i choose it. At high percents, this will kill. At mid percents your safe afterwards.

That's the depth/yomi. The slantedness is that my options tend to beat a large amount of yours, and it's easier for me to do mine.

This is not a good option for competitive play. "Not engaging" shouldn't be encouraged.
Stuff like this is supported by ICs being legal in their current state, Halberd, and CPs like Rainbow.

Not sure why they're playing on Picto. Peach's randomness isn't competitive either I've lost to a Peach that pulled an insane amount of beam swords and bombs. If every 20 pulls she got something good, then it would be more competitive.
Meant to say YI:B.

I know, but I'm arguing for consistency mostly, and the fact that it doesn't actually take away from the game, because all of it's bad aspects are already in the game.

If something has an element of random and it drastically changes the situation, then the random element is not competitive. Same reason we don't have random items.

I've lost to a peach that pulled 7 bombs/beamswords in one game. It wasn't a long game. I lost that game because for that one game Peach was top tier.

I've never dropped a game to that peach otherwise.
And as long as we have peach, picto is legit.

I can logically call anything flawed based on the definitions of the words.
You don't know their original true intention or the conditions of whether they succeeded or not, so you can't call it flawed.

Kantrip

Kantplay
On the last point I just have to say: It doesn't matter if they "succeeded in what they were going for or not". What they did was flawed. If that's what they intended and set out for, then their goal was flawed.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
On the last point I just have to say: It doesn't matter if they "succeeded in what they were going for or not". What they did was flawed. If that's what they intended and set out for, then their goal was flawed.
If we can assume this we can assume everything is flawed thus making it a useless quality to note.

Top Bottom