• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Eh, you took a metaphor out of porportion there.

It falls apart there and I'll give you that, however.

EDIT: Posting an argument just to get more info.

Tech nobody knows about.

EDIT: Now I have a defence against people telling me I'm impossible.

And it's in my signature!

DOUBLE EDIT: Does anyone know why my signature keeps getting cut off?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Arcansi, if someone hosted a tournament in Victoria where nobody was allowed to use B moves, I would still show up and play friendlies using the regular unity variant ruleset and stuff. I may enter the tournament if there is no entry fee, or if the tournament is a joke tournament (i.e. nobody taking it seriously). I show up to Street Fighter and MvC3 tournaments because I know that there will be 2 or 3 people willing to play smash.

You can literally put any ruleset you want, even not include brawl as an event, and people would still show up and play brawl. So your entire question as to who would show up to a tournament that had your ruleset is completely irrelevant.

Asa

Smash Hero
kantrip, kevin is above you in posts. get on that **** bro. i need you as my wingman

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't understand. Like, I'm trying to remember and all I get is stuff like me responding to Aisight and just getting 'You're too stubborn, I quit'. I don't get how this relates to the paragraph, though.

It'd be cool if you could provide examples.
Once upon a time I came in and made a simple request - stop dropping my name when arguing. Clearly you considered the proper response to this request was to write my post into your signature and say
I'm also not sure why I should listen to you, no offence. Like, what is wrong with what I have done here?
I gave an explanation. You broke the entire thing down, questioned it, and very obviously still had no plan to honor my request.

Last night, I saw DeLux spend nearly two dozen posts, repeating his argument almost every time, to get you to possibly concede a single point. I guess my meager two posts asking you to stop just won't cut it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Don't make me go into Biology mode and explain why you should be sleeping at night!

Captain L

Smash Champion
Biology mode.

That just reminded me I have to make a spaghetti bridge in the new year for physics (which I'm not in)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
In many organisms on this planet Earth, there is a biochemical cycle called the Circadian rhythm. Now, this cycle is something that is typically conditioned to suit the external environment. This is generally done by the retina in your eyeball, which have photosensitive receptors (rods and cones) that help form the routine of your Circadian rhythm.

Depending on how much daylight there is, your body will begin to routinely take certain actions such as hormone secretion and temperature regulation. More notably, in this context, is the creation and release of Melatonin during the lack of sunlight.

When it begins to get dark outside, the pineal gland in your brain begins to secrete Melatonin and this primarily induces feelings of drowsiness. For those with insomnia, one of the first things that will be prescribed will be Melatonin, an over-the-counter product.

Now what does this all have to do with sleeping at night?

Well first of all, you're going to have to resist the effects of Melatonin all night. Is it really worth literally resisting your body's call for sleep?

Secondly, you will slowly be affecting your Circadian rhythm. It takes time to recondition your original pattern to suit the new cycle. With school starting again in just over a weeks time, you'll find it very difficult to focus and even stay awake unless you correct your sleeping routine right now.

Sleep also gives time for your brain to focus on hard-wiring facts into memory, preferably long-term. This is why it's recommended for students to study right before sleeping because that information is the most fresh. This is contrary to the belief that studying in the morning is the most ideal due to feeling rejuvenated.

There is also a concept called Sleep Debt, where a slight lack of sleep each day begins to accumulate and once the "debt" is large enough you will begin to notice increased physical and cognitive fatigue.

What else, studies show proper sleep is connected with immune function and human life spans. These are both positive correlations.

I dunno I tried. I'm a bit rusty since I'm no longer majoring in Biology but hopefully this was an interesting read. Also, Physics is evil.

Captain L

Smash Champion
that was an interesting read

except the part where you said physics is evil. Cause biology sucks. Chem is neutral. Physics da bess.

Top Bottom