• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Honestly, I'd rather listen to this then go into an argument about this.

[COLLAPSE="I wouldn't go there"][COLLAPSE="Not for the feint of heart"][COLLAPSE="By looking at this you don't think any less of me"][COLLAPSE="This is my final warning don't do it"][COLLAPSE="DDD is invincible"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r3nOTSUgB0[/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE][/COLLAPSE]
Sinister's thought process;

>lol what is this

>Good thing i'm 18 :shades:

-seconds later-

>ok what the **** is this

inb4SKiddis12andwhatisthis

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Either is fine

Surprise me

Although can you do SinisterB in at least one of them? Thanks brah

Double edit -

i c wut u did

You can leave it how it is, just throw SinisterB in the tags cause yeah :shades:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
For one tournament. Afaik, we haven't even confirmed if MK is going to be banned or not.

And let me say this... I have spent many months telling people to not set you to ignore, treat you respectfully (yes, I threatened to not deliver the TVs to Stronghold for your sake), and to restrain themselves when arguing against you but I'm beginning to see why....

Arcansi

Smash Champion
For one tournament. Afaik, we haven't even confirmed if MK is going to be banned or not.
Rules said:
We will be running the event with Metaknight banned this time for both Doubles and Singles.
Is this not definitive?

And let me say this... I have spent many months telling people to not set you to ignore, treat you respectfully (yes, I threatened to not deliver the TVs to Stronghold for your sake), and to restrain themselves when arguing against you but I'm beginning to see why....
I am trying to understand why, and would appreciate your help. People don't seem to want to tell me on their own. (Except that I argue too much)

Crisis

Smash Ace
I think it's because no one thinks you value their opinion, because you think your own logic is superior. Thus dismissing everyone else's opinion as illogical or emotional responses.

Lack of EQ(something like that); you don't understand how everyone else thinks.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I think it's because no one thinks you value their opinion, because you think your own logic is superior. Thus dismissing everyone else's opinion as illogical or emotional responses.
Do I not back this up with proof when I say so? I value everyone's opinion because it has potential. After it stops having potential (see:it is defined) its value changes.

Also, do I really bring up emotional responses that much? From what I can remember, I only bring it up when it is heavily set into a post.

Lack of EQ(something like that); you don't understand how everyone else thinks.
So I'm basically screwed for life by nature?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Man Crisis is too good.

I might be Arcansi's opposite, lol. I don't use logic much and think with emotions, though that's probably a bad thing as well :(

Edit: Actually I don't think that's true but I think EQ is more important than IQ. If your EQ suffers, good luck even getting a job and having friends. Doesn't matter how high your IQ is.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Well I mean it was pools

I want some Bracket stuff finally recorded next tourney, defs saving everything possible

Thanks for the upload Big D

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Arcansi, we have all told you why a million times. You are the one who says that the reason makes no sense, is illogical, and ignores our explanations.

Don't take this the wrong way, but this is exactly how I feel towards you essentially at this point:

I am someone who loves to help people. I help too much sometimes. I'm always there for everyone. Even you. I've tried to help you in this thread, through msn, and even irl at the one tournament.

However, you are not willing to help yourself. Everyone has tried to help you in many ways, yet you reject their help or say it is illogical, and sometimes even insult people. The more we try to help, the more you reject and insult us, and the more frustrating it gets. It gets to the point where people give up and start showing a little less respect towards you.

I have reached that point like 9 times already, but every time, I come back and try again, hoping for a slightly better result, and every time, you reject my help or statements and say it is illogical. And the last time I tried and helped you, you insulted me, Kev, as well as several other people. That is why I gave up. If you are willing to change, and prove you are willing to change, I'll gladly try again. But until then, it's not worth trying to help you, because you reject and insult us and our attempts.

I know this post may be slightly (or a little more than slightly) offensive depending on how you interpret it, but I hope you get the general idea of my post. That explains my feelings towards you at the moment, and possibly others.

I'm always willing to help you. I'll even help you now if you want. But if you are not willing to help yourself, or accept my help, then there is no point in trying. I hope you understand where I am coming from.

Asa

Smash Hero
arcansi if bc didn't agree with your rule then we wouldn't use URC ruleset, as it's optional.

the point is moot tho because they won't ever lol.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
i can vouch for that

23 **** push ups a day

on your mom

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I might be Arcansi's opposite, lol. I don't use logic much and think with emotions, though that's probably a bad thing as well :(
I live a highly volatile emotional life. I'm prone to random and heavy mood swings during the day.

Edit: Actually I don't think that's true but I think EQ is more important than IQ. If your EQ suffers, good luck even getting a job and having friends. Doesn't matter how high your IQ is.
I have friends. I have a job.

I don't understand...

Arcansi, we have all told you why a million times. You are the one who says that the reason makes no sense, is illogical, and ignores our explanations.
I can in my mind provide 0 examples of this. Do you have any?

Don't take this the wrong way, but this is exactly how I feel towards you essentially at this point:

I am someone who loves to help people. I help too much sometimes. I'm always there for everyone. Even you. I've tried to help you in this thread, through msn, and even irl at the one tournament.
Kinda Deja Vu (someone else, no worries). Okay.

However, you are not willing to help yourself. Everyone has tried to help you in many ways, yet you reject their help or say it is illogical, and sometimes even insult people. The more we try to help, the more you reject and insult us, and the more frustrating it gets. It gets to the point where people give up and start showing a little less respect towards you.
I don't understand. Like, I'm trying to remember and all I get is stuff like me responding to Aisight and just getting 'You're too stubborn, I quit'. I don't get how this relates to the paragraph, though.

It'd be cool if you could provide examples.

I have reached that point like 9 times already, but every time, I come back and try again, hoping for a slightly better result, and every time, you reject my help or statements and say it is illogical. And the last time I tried and helped you, you insulted me, Kev, as well as several other people. That is why I gave up. If you are willing to change, and prove you are willing to change, I'll gladly try again. But until then, it's not worth trying to help you, because you reject and insult us and our attempts.
This still makes no sense because I have no examples, sorry. I get what your saying but the context just doesn't exist.

I know this post may be slightly (or a little more than slightly) offensive depending on how you interpret it, but I hope you get the general idea of my post. That explains my feelings towards you at the moment, and possibly others.

I'm always willing to help you. I'll even help you now if you want. But if you are not willing to help yourself, or accept my help, then there is no point in trying. I hope you understand where I am coming from.
It's not offensive. Examples would be great so I can actually know what your talking about.

Crisis

Smash Ace
Do I not back this up with proof when I say so? I value everyone's opinion because it has potential. After it stops having potential (see:it is defined) its value changes.

Also, do I really bring up emotional responses that much? From what I can remember, I only bring it up when it is heavily set into a post.

So I'm basically screwed for life by nature?
Rather try to understand people instead of just defeating their points.

Scenario: You argue with a friend because you think his religion is illogical. You defeat his points and outreason him. Except he still believes in said religion and is now mad at you for persisting at this argument. You think you understand everything perfectly and he is the one being illogically mad.

Except if you understood him, you would know arguing with him would not get you anywhere.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Scenario: You argue with a friend because you think his religion is illogical. You defeat his points and outreason him. Except he still believes in said religion and is now mad at you for persisting at this argument. You think you understand everything perfectly and he is the one being illogically mad.

Except if you understood him, you would know arguing with him would not get you anywhere.
Is he not being illogically mad?
(Me arguing with him gets me somewhere at least, it proves that I am right to myself, which is important.)

Thing is, I can't see how anyone would have any motivation to act illogically like that, which is why it makes zero sense at all.

Beliefs are a different story tbh, because they usually can't be argued away like you say they are. However, I diverge.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Wow I played like that in bracket?

LOOL, man things sure do change a lot in a month

But yeah maybe, honestly I probably assumed I'd SDI the spike

Captain L

Smash Champion
Hey arcansi, you know that feeling you get when you've argued with someone a million times and you think your points make more sense and then you get frustrated when the other person still thinks they are right? Then you get confused when they seem to turn hostile towards you?

This is exactly how everyone else feels about you.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Hey arcansi, you know that feeling you get when you've argued with someone a million times and you think your points make more sense and then you get frustrated when the other person still thinks they are right? Then you get confused when they seem to turn hostile towards you?

This is exactly how everyone else feels about you.
Except I don't know that feeling. And from what I remember I rarely get hostile, although I have done so (once?) in recent times.

Most of the time it makes sense how people argue. When it doesn't I just chalk it up to their stupidity, or occasionally mine.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the feeling you describe manifests itself in me as a post explaining why the person is wrong. So why don't any of you do that, if I am wrong?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Arcansi, if you want a great example of exactly what I said in my long post, look at your response to it. My post, a HUGE post saying exactly not only what I feel and why I basically gave up on you, but possibly how most of smashboards feels and why most of them gave up on you. Your first response: You didn't think anything I said was relevant, and wanted me to provide examples and proofs etc.etc.

Here is this HUGE post of me trying to tell you why many people gave up on you. You literally just picked it up and threw it in the trash.

Anyways, that's all I have to say for now...

Top Bottom