• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Well, your one day is now Dec 10! No need to be embarrassed, we're all friendly and I'm free. Can't wait to see you there! :)

Lol, I will make an effort to come out and participate. Where is the new venue at anyway? Firefly was mentioning that in the Showdown to Downtown stream yesterday, after I told him I was a local.

I must also say, that I'm pleasantly surprised that this region is active in tournies. Shoutouts to Asa for letting me know a scene exists here lol.

Captain L

Smash Champion
the scene "exists" it's just really small.

Fortunately the best way to change that is to join it ;D

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Sounds like your mad at me bro, I'm fine with you arguing and debating, it's no chip on my shoulder, I just thought I should let you know the result if you go over the top.
I tried to pick my words carefully because I don't want to deter you from the events. Even if we are coming across as a bit hostile you are welcome at these events, and we are not mad at you, perhaps a bit frustrated, but not mad.
I'm always mad at people. Because I've been told the same thing over and over.

'We don't welcome your kind.'

Also, you couldn't deter me from going to the tournaments if you tried, short of physically banning me from them.

Because I don't go for the scene, or to see people and hang out. I go to win, and so that when I do I can move up the ladder.

Arcansi being mad defensive as usual.

inb4 wall of text explaining why he isn't defensive
See above.

That is grammatically incorrect. It should say "only those without power want for change."
Thanks, Rob.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Ladder's ok but i always forget it exists

Landon we need to do seriouslies or something.. you need to hate Wolf more

:awesome:

Captain L

Smash Champion
but I won't even be at the next monthly Bryannn :(

Also, myself, Caiden, and hopefully Dawson will be repping BC at GC January

Captain L

Smash Champion
I'm always down for seriouslies or mms, or friendlies where I just go for QALs all day. Bring on the wofl

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Stronghold Games has EDH (Commander)/Casual Play (Free play all day) listed for Thursdays. TBH I have no idea what it is, but it seems like Thursday would be a good day for them. I definitely can't do anything this Thursday though. =[

Glad to see you posting here, Lone Wolf. =]

:005:

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Stronghold Games has EDH (Commander)/Casual Play (Free play all day) listed for Thursdays. TBH I have no idea what it is, but it seems like Thursday would be a good day for them. I definitely can't do anything this Thursday though. =[
EDH (Elder Dragon Highlander) Or Commander is a Magic: The Gathering game variant (NOTE: Made ONLY for casual play) consituting of a 100 card deck, one card of which is the commander, a legendary creature.

There are more rules you probably don't care about, but games consist of 8 players (usually a whole table.) and can last quite a while.

It's casual play, so competitiveness is extremely low, with people loving to show off combos and stuff.

You will definitely need to ask them if it is okay to do stuff there on that day, especially if your going to be loud.

EDIT: O GOD I WISH I LIVED NEAR MAGIC STRONGHOLD. LF> Housing all spring break.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
How do I bus to the tourney
If you PM me your address, I'll give you directions.

EDH (Elder Dragon Highlander) Or Commander is a Magic: The Gathering game variant (NOTE: Made ONLY for casual play) consituting of a 100 card deck, one card of which is the commander, a legendary creature.

There are more rules you probably don't care about, but games consist of 8 players (usually a whole table.) and can last quite a while.

It's casual play, so competitiveness is extremely low, with people loving to show off combos and stuff.

You will definitely need to ask them if it is okay to do stuff there on that day, especially if your going to be loud.

EDIT: O GOD I WISH I LIVED NEAR MAGIC STRONGHOLD. LF> Housing all spring break.
I see. We would definitely be asking first; I can't imagine we'd be too loud though if it's only a smashfest, and the room is fairly big anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

Kantrip

Kantplay
:metaknight:

I watched the entire first season in a week, only watching as much as I could before I went to sleep each night. The best of dreams were had.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
When the populace control the rules, only those without power are want for change.
I am pleasantly surprised you knew "the populace" was plural. If the entire populace were to control the rules (so there being nobody without power), then "the populace" would be singular.

If anyone can make a smashfest happen monday-friday I'd be happy to bring a wii and a copy of smash, what are stronghold/you guys up to on thursdays?
I would LOVE a Smashfest on Thursday at Brandon's place or at Stronghold. Of course any day is fine, not Tuesdays and not Mondays if possible.

Also, Peach for top tier. Completely destroyed Dawson's Pit... lol.

Arcansi

Smash Champion

Glad to see you posting here, Lone Wolf. =]

I am pleasantly surprised you knew "the populace" was plural. If the entire populace were to control the rules (so there being nobody without power), then "the populace" would be singular.
Without power was the wrong wording.

It should be 'those who would be found unheard' or something.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I swear it was Krystedez - Nicole all over again...

except this time it was a bomb and a mr. saturn shield break...

Edit: Let me debate on why Captain Falcon is the best in doubles...

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Courier, your going to have to start that argument because BoP is on you.

I love how the commentators don't bring up that randomness may have just decided a match at all, they just blow it over.

where are those picto replays. Also if anyone has any other instances like the bomb>kill one, link themmmm.

NOTE: Watch the video again, death turnip kills in a last stock last hit situation.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow you are even more serious than I am! But yeah, that Peach vs. Pit match was saved but I don't think it's going to be uploaded.

Bomb > Pit.
Mr. Saturn > Pit.
Death Turnips > Pit.

Top Bottom