• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
There's going to be a smaller Magic Cards tournament too on Friday but there should be enough space regardless.

If it's Friday, I think I'll come. I can drive people willing to wait at Braid.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Hey, anyone consider using the apex rule set at any future tournaments? Also, I found something really cool with items. It's really cool. It's an option select and is great for kill set ups.

-It sets up up smash kills/bair lock with Peach.
-It sets up Link's jab lock and kills.
-It sets up dthrow tire combos/fsmash/waft kills/great shield pressure
-It sets up fsmashes with ROB
-It sets up Diddy's banana choke chain grab and any attack.
-It sets up counters with these any character.
-It is an incredibly safe approach with any character with items.
-It sets up up smashes with toon link.
-It creates a free grab due to shield push.

I've already incorporated it into my Wario game, it seems Peach and Diddy benefit the most. I'm going to make a vid when I get back to Vancouver.
Until then, have fun, can't wait to play you guys again, I <3 you all.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
There's going to be a smaller Magic Cards tournament too on Friday but there should be enough space regardless.

If it's Friday, I think I'll come. I can drive people willing to wait at Braid.
oh **** fnm! do you know if they're playing standard there? if so i would totally bring my deck

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
oh **** fnm! do you know if they're playing standard there? if so i would totally bring my deck
Sorry, I don't really know much about the card game at all. You could always bring the deck, just to be safe. :)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
We have many spare controllers (gamecube and 64). I always bring like 5 64 controllers, and Mat brings like 5 gamecube controllers :p

If we have enough time afterwards (quite likely) we will probably end up doing a brawl low tier event. And if everyone shows up to it, I have a good feeling neither one of us will win brawl low tiers (Ganon 2 gud... GO TERO!!! :p)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^I'd like to come, but going to Victoria during the school year is a no-no. :(

Before I forget again...

To Asa: Sue told me she found your router the other day but somebody from the Magic Cards group "borrowed" it and said he'd return it although I'm not sure when that is.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Neither of us winning low-tiers? That sounds like something worth going to. If there is somewhere for me to stay, I will do my best to make it.

Captain L

Smash Champion
See you all tomorrow! (Or later today if you're one of those technical people)

We can decide whether or not people want to have a tournament or just a smashfest tomorrow.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
mann, people should just come to my house instead of going to the venue, it's not like we have enough people for an actual tournament anyways

- actually bundtcake this time

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Just a smashfest.

Was nice meeting Brian and Bryan today. :)

Looking for more guys to add to MSN. :<

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Funny.

Also, I can't make it to the Sept tourney unless I have a ride.

I probably won't go so that I can save money to make it to Pheonix, but if you can gimme a ride, holler.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I was going to wait until after the Fri/Sat/whenever tournament happened, but date change, so I'll say it now.

We are having a tournament in Victoria on September 10th (date change). There is no reason not to come :p. Deap came to the last one and loved it :)

You'll get to face all the islanders you used to play against in a room that is over 9 times bigger than Home Videos :p

If anyone is interested, I can give you more info once it gets sorted out (I am not the host, so... yeah lol). Or a group of you can come down and see how a real tournament is hosted, and to get destroyed by us islanders :p
But, the September tourney IS Phoenix?
See Above.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Funny.

Also, I can't make it to the Sept tourney unless I have a ride.

I probably won't go so that I can save money to make it to Pheonix, but if you can gimme a ride, holler.
Isn't the September tournament Phoenix?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lala lala, lala lala Elmos Worldddddddddddddddd

Lala lala, lala lala Elmos Worldddddddd

Elmo lives his goldfishhhhh his crayon tooooo

That's Elmos Worldddddddddddd