• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Tutorial Video (Part 2 up)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I am making a tutorial video on how to play as Jigglypuff in Brawl.

To make this tutorial good I'm taking quotes and topics from this forum board.

Part 1 is UP!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7PhdDyMSOM

Part 2 is UP!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-DTsUsMkeM

This is what I've coverd in part 1&2.

-Basic Attacks
-Rising Pound
-Sharking
-Dacus
-illinialex24's Sing is Usless Topic
- Pound's Priority
-Jab Lock
-Melee to Brawl Comparison
-Rest in water.
-Rest Combos (D air to Rest, Ledge Sing to Rest, rolling into a rest)
-Jigglypuff's Matchups
-Jigglypuff's Good and Bad Moves
-Rollout Tech Chasing

These haven't been covered yet.

-g-regulate's Tourny Tips
-Gimping
-Approach

If they're are any quotes or more jigglypuff at's that you would like me to use in the video please tell me so. The project is being made atm and should be up shortly after I'm satisfied with this topic.

Veril

Frame Savant
Tell them not to use Jigglypuff.
Kill yourself...

Ok, here's some topics you should definitely add:

1. Wavelanding
2. SHADing
3. Perfect rests:
-Type 1: resting during the startup lag of a move. Ex, just about any smash move.
-Type 2: resting around the hitbox after its out. Ex DK's f-air.
-Type 3: resting through a hitbox directly. Ex rollout, eggroll, etc.
4. Perfect shield to rest
5. Interrupt rests: see my big rest thread for way more info on this and perfect rests.
-especially true interrupts: ex dK's dash attack
6. Resting people out of rolls, airdodges and spotdodges.
7. Blocking tether recoveries with downward slanted f-tilt.
8. Gimping recoveries with n-air.
9. Using sing as a taunt.
10. Wavebouncing pound.
11. b-reversing pound and rollout.
12. Using uncharged rollout
13. Tech chasing with rollout, rest, f-smash, etc.
14. Punishing spotdodges with f-smash.

I'll add more as I think of it.

Basically anything and just about everything rest related will be here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209708

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
In deapth WoP demonstration please. :)

And and mention how horrible D-tilt is. Show an epic frame by frame clip of a d-tilt hitting a perfect sheild and getting punished.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Kill yourself...
Lawl.

The most important thing you need to tell them, are her hopeless matchups. Ones like G&W and Olimar (Not so hopeless, but bad enough you should have a secondary). We don't want new puffs getting ***** by those two characters and dropping Jiggz forever.

Near the start of the video, start talking about the MK matchup. People jump all over anything related to "beating" Metaknight, and since the matchup is only 60:40, tell them it's neutral. And show them resting out of tornado. It's amazing.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Lawl.

The most important thing you need to tell them, are her hopeless matchups. Ones like G&W and Olimar (Not so hopeless, but bad enough you should have a secondary). We don't want new puffs getting ***** by those two characters and dropping Jiggz forever.

Near the start of the video, start talking about the MK matchup. People jump all over anything related to "beating" Metaknight, and since the matchup is only 60:40, tell them it's neutral. And show them resting out of tornado. It's amazing.
This isn't the reason why I'm creating this video. Is how to PLAY as Jigglypuff, not to know about every single matchup. Its just to show Jiggly's AT's. If you want to make a tutorial on Jigglypuff's matchups be my guest.

I got something with video footage you should add soon. I just won't say yet... I'm uploading it as we speak. Suscriptions are always a good form of thanks :)
Btw illinialex24, I was hoping I could use some clips from this video for the rest proportion of the tutorial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQSEhawLRuE

If you could is there anyway you could send me the video?

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
This isn't the reason why I'm creating this video. Is how to PLAY as Jigglypuff, not to know about every single matchup. Its just to show Jiggly's AT's. If you want to make a tutorial on Jigglypuff's matchups be my guest.
You grossly misinterpreted what he was saying. He wasn't trying to get you to start talking about matchups, just those three in particular because they're important. If a new Jiggs finds themselves fighting G&W and Olimar way before they've got any skill, they're going to get owned to high hell repeatedly/possibly drop Jiggs. That's why it would be in a tutorial for new Jiggs. To prevent that.

The MK thing is cause most characters see MK and weep everlasting tears, new players wouldn't know that MK vs. Jiggs isn't so bad.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
- Pound's Priority

I didn't know those were advanced techs. Sorry.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
- Pound's Priority

I didn't know those were advanced techs. Sorry.
I'm making the video, not you. Gtfo out of my topic or stop complaining.

Oh and btw. Using Pound's Priority is an AT, G regulate's tips include airdoding to grab which is an at, and illinialex24's sing is usless is an AT as well because of on the ledge.

Yeah sure. I rarely go on AIM but I guess I could go on to send you the file. Your online name?
Its mariomanrules. If for some reason it dosn't work just click on the aim guy under my avatar. Looks like a little yellow person.

If you could please come on aim ASAP. Two videos i need atm are you ledge canceled sing and the video link I already supplied you with.

Btw part 1 is UP. Scroll up to the first post of the page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7PhdDyMSOM

PND

Smash Champion
Really good editing, good job.

Typo alert, in the Sing section you have "Usless" instead of "Useless"

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Well, I watched part two of the tutorial. I don't have much to say other than you could have mentioned pummeling.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I really liked the guides. I think something that's important to add though is resting into certain attacks (like jabs)

-Axle-

Smash Cadet
Stales plays a bigger part than I thought O_O Guess I'll be using Bair and different throws a lot more.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Dibs!

I shall honor my fellow Jigglypuffs with a beginner's and advanced guide to gimping. Slow motion hopefully included, as well as some brief ways to push off from the stage, edge hog, trace the opponent while off screen, and basic do's and don't's

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Dibs!

I shall honor my fellow Jigglypuffs with a beginner's and advanced guide to gimping. Slow motion hopefully included, as well as some brief ways to push off from the stage, edge hog, trace the opponent while off screen, and basic do's and don't's
You can do that if you want but I was planning to do that for part 3.

You might just want to let me do it cause I'm more experianced and we can't be giving off any false or dosn't have enough information. Quality is a big factor too.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
You can do that if you want but I was planning to do that for part 3.

You might just want to let me do it cause I'm more experianced and we can't be giving off any false or dosn'thave enough information. Quality is a big factor too.
Nice typos Mr. "Experianced":laugh:
JK

It would be an addendum more likely, not a replacement, but just because my post count is lower than yours doesn't mean I'm less experienced than you are at gimping, or jigglypuff in general. :(
Also, False information? Please, as fellow gentlemen of the jigglypuff boards, we all know what's real and what's crap.

If you don't want me to do one just say so, although in all likely hood I'll do one anyway :laugh:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Nice typos Mr. "Experianced":laugh:
JK

It would be an addendum more likely, not a replacement, but just because my post count is lower than yours doesn't mean I'm less experienced than you are at gimping, or jigglypuff in general. :(
Also, False information? Please, as fellow gentlemen of the jigglypuff boards, we all know what's real and what's crap.

If you don't want me to do one just say so, although in all likely hood I'll do one anyway :laugh:
What I mean by false information is if you showed something that didn't really work/things that can be avoided such as Drill to Rest and Jab Locking.

Top Bottom