• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Tournament Strategy and Tips

Framerate

Smash Lord
I'll play you tomorrow(Tuesday). I work nights so I can play any time before 7 pm.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i delete everyone i dont play with on a regular basis, which is everyone but like maybe 8 people.
find me tomorrow and ill add you!
everyone else challenge me tomorrow too.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I remember playing a bunch of games with you on Smash64 online, and losing most if not all of them g-reg. Maybe we can play again one day when I fix my PC.

rinoH

Smash Lord
hey g-reg we should play some online i thnk im still on your friend list dunno but i think we should play some B+ too since i saw you on youtube playing B+ with CF with Jceasar

Framerate

Smash Lord
G-reg is really good. I wanna play him in person.

Pro tip: don't let him play Marth on Wifi. Playing against Marth requires timing and spacing that is not reasonable with any amount of lag. Or it could have been that we were on Skyworld XD

Also, sorry about the taunt messages, like I said it's my brothers Wii so I have no idea what they are. I think all of them were really dumb.

Also also, who is going to Genesis?

Thrice the also, G-reg I'm uploading a couple DK matches from yesterday because they were short and DK had a purple tie.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
loool! you cant just upload the matches that i lose!! i usually **** DKs.
dont worry about taunts, im not affected by demeaning trash talk.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
if anyone REALLY wants to make a silly jiggs "combo" vid, ive got several online vids of me doing crazy combos and silly rests, i can just send them over the wii if anyones interested.

Framerate

Smash Lord
loool! you cant just upload the matches that i lose!!
lol too late. You did have an impressive comeback for the first one, and the second was just a couple stupid spikes. Also, they're Wifi so they're not really from a skill perspective as much as entertainment. I think a majority of our matches were too long anyways, but I may have missed a few. If you wanted the other videos, you should have saved them :p

if anyone REALLY wants to make a silly jiggs "combo" vid, ive got several online vids of me doing crazy combos and silly rests, i can just send them over the wii if anyones interested.
I have an amazing 3-stock on a G&W coming eventually. I think. All of my good recorded matches mysteriously vanish (probably because they're recorded by the guy who I just stomped >.<)

Framerate

Smash Lord
Pivot grabs are amazing. Know someone's gonna side dodge? Pivot grab. Air dodge into the ground? Pivot grab. Pivot grab? Pivot grab. Tornado? Pivot grab.

Ok, maybe not the last two...

MrEh

Smash Hero
Jigg's pivot grab has stupid good range. A bit slow, but works as long as you have good prediction skills.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Jiggly pivot grab is so weird looking and slow it is like a built in mind game. You opponent has to go "huh? What are they doing?" Lol

Noobicidal

Smash Master
man, no one thought my thread was as funny as I did when i made it, violently drunk
If I were you, I'd make the the thread in Tactical first. Start with a message such as "Since the Jiggs boards are dead, I think this would be better here. Post three links of random memes or of Jigglypuff dying horribly, and wait for the results.

Edit: BETTER IDEA - Three vids of whiffed rests. Call THAT Rest Canceling.

Miles.

Smash Champion
man, no one thought my thread was as funny as I did when i made it, violently drunk
i feel so much closer to you now.

Drunk + Playing jigs = too much fun.

Im going to upload a lulz rest compilation vid soon.

in other news Hungrybox said he is going to help raise Jigs up.

Discuss?

Framerate

Smash Lord
in other news Hungrybox said he is going to help raise Jigs up.

Discuss?
Jigglypuff is pretty easy to play in melee, I think Hungrybox is up for a surprise. On the other hand, if he really does try to play all Jigs in brawl, he'll see his melee Puff improve quite a bit. Switching from brawl to melee, combos get easier, rests more common, and all the practice approaching will make getting inside simpler.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Jigglypuff is pretty easy to play in melee, I think Hungrybox is up for a surprise. On the other hand, if he really does try to play all Jigs in brawl, he'll see his melee Puff improve quite a bit. Switching from brawl to melee, combos get easier, rests more common, and all the practice approaching will make getting inside simpler.
What the hell are you talking about? Playing the same character in both games tends to make you worse at one of them depending on how much you play of each. His brawl puff will probably be good but brawl puff is garbage. He'll probably switch to wario if he decides to play brawl. Then he can win. Not to mention playing puff in melee is not easy. If it was there would be a flood of jigglypuff players.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
When I'm drunk, I hit WAY more rests.
This tactic should be expanded upon :laugh:

What the hell are you talking about? Playing the same character in both games tends to make you worse at one of them depending on how much you play of each. His brawl puff will probably be good but brawl puff is garbage. He'll probably switch to wario if he decides to play brawl. Then he can win. Not to mention playing puff in melee is not easy. If it was there would be a flood of jigglypuff players.
Some people can adjust between melee and brawl. The thing is that melee is the one you end up forgetting if you don't play for a while.

I've been playing ssb64 too much lately :)

PND

Smash Champion
Melee makes my Brawl skill better, but Brawl makes my Melee skills worse.

Going Melee to Brawl is fine for me, but I fail going from Brawl to Melee. In that transition I find myself airdodging and spot dodging. . . and that's usually a bad thing.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Off topic, but a mechanic they should have left in from ssb64 is the double jump aireal cancel for ness and yoshi.

<3

Framerate

Smash Lord
To clarify, I suck at melee. Well, I sucked at melee when I played it. And I played it since it came out. But after playing brawl for around a year, going back to melee I was surprisingly better. Like, I never even touched Jigglypuff before brawl, but after around an hour practice I could actually compete fairly well with people who had continued to play melee. Jigglypuff is probably the easiest of high tier characters to play in Melee, I mean u-tilt -> rest.... I'll take a free kill at 20% because my opponent made one mistake. Honestly the transition from brawl jiggly to melee jiggly is "stop air dodging." That's about it. But in melee, all the combos you tried to do in brawl suddenly become viable, gimping is super simple, and rest actually kills. I'm telling ya, playing brawl jigglypuff (if it doesn't drive you mad) forces you to play melee puff better. You pick up so much stuff about approaching and mindgames and the like. The only thing it really hurts is your technical skills, but if you're any good at melee you should be able to pick that up after a little bit of practice.

Woot block of text!

Noobicidal

Smash Master
on topic, pound is far and away jiggs best move, without question. anyone who disagrees cant use it well

<3
I agree; without Pound, she really lacks a move that can get up close and personal against an opponent.

She'd be worse than Ganon if it weren't for pound.

Top Bottom