• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Tournament Strategy and Tips

Framerate

Smash Lord
I approach with dair almost as much as I do with pound, I think. Dair is tooo good.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I approach with dair almost as much as I do with pound, I think. Dair is tooo good.
Less range, worse on block, but it's still a decent approach tool.

Dair does have stupidly good uses, but I wouldn't make approaching with it a priority.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord

Dair does have stupidly good uses, but I wouldn't make approaching with it a priority.
I would consider mixing up your approach with different moves.

Dair actually has a decent amount of priority. You can use it to gimp, approach, and "combo" into rest. Of course its not the best choice for those first two but its a good one to stale every here and there.

EWING

Smash Apprentice
School: Nashville, TN Home: Long Island, NY

it also has worse set ups.

a pound that connects on the last few frames can normally lead to a follow up hit, and a pound that hits at the start leads to pretty good positioning for baiting and punishing a move/airdodge

Framerate

Smash Lord
Landing a Dair can lead to a free rest or grab, and if your opponent DI's out of it you can read the shield or side dodge and get a pivot grab, charged smash, or just wait for the rest. I can't think of a time where I could honestly say there was a viable follow up to a connected pound, outside of playing fatties like DDD, Bowser, DK, o ROB.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Landing a Dair can lead to a free rest or grab, and if your opponent DI's out of it you can read the shield or side dodge and get a pivot grab, charged smash, or just wait for the rest. I can't think of a time where I could honestly say there was a viable follow up to a connected pound, outside of playing fatties like DDD, Bowser, DK, o ROB.
yes, i like your dair options. after pound, i will usually double jump uair, or bair, to chase them (if they jump away). if they just fall with aerials after you, then ill drop down and grab. those are really your two best options and you just sorta have to read your opponent and react.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
So did we all quit using jiggs now?!?!? loool
i pretty much stopped using her in tourney, unless its teams vs a non-mk, and my teammate will let me.

i often do money matches with jiggs though, so i still practice her to keep my game up.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
So did we all quit using jiggs now?!?!? loool
That's what it seems like to me. I haven't been able to use her in tourney since June, in which I placed 5th out of 20 or so using Jiggs/Ganon. I might start making some local bi-weeklies once school is back in session.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I still use her. To fight diddys and Ddd.
Or just when I don't think my PT will cut it.
After Mangos genesis ****, I have more belief in jigs then ever before, don't get hit and punish their mistakes. Jigs too good.

I got third in teans using her with my partner using Ddd.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I'm not switching mains until I unlock Wigglytuff. I don't like the fact that all the good Jigglypuff players are leaving. We used to have Veril, Bowyer and the rest.

After Mangos genesis ****, I have more belief in jigs then ever before, don't get hit and punish their mistakes. Jigs too good.
Lol, that was melee.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I'm not switching mains until I unlock Wigglytuff. I don't like the fact that all the good Jigglypuff players are leaving. We used to have Veril, Bowyer and the rest.

Lol, that was melee.
I know it was melee. I was there.. I got drunk with mango that night. ;)

I hate brawl more everytime I play melee.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I know it was melee. I was there.. I got drunk with mango that night. ;)

I hate brawl more everytime I play melee.
My point was how did that inspire you to believe in brawl's Jigglypuff?

In melee she's high tier, so obviously a lot more potential.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Because mangos shield.pressure game and some other things work in brawl too. Just watching his jigs got my mind racing with creativity and hope. Hope to space and be as percise as maaaanggooooo.

Framerate

Smash Lord
The shield pressure in melee is intimidating because of the imminent **** that would follow if you were to release the shield. Such fears don't exist in brawl, so your opponent is more likely to jump out of the shield and trade hits/out prioritize you. Although Mango is sexy.

So after the tourney I'm not sure if I'm dropping Jigglypuff. In doubles I ended up beating Ohio's best Snake and G&W in a 2v1 because my partner is dumb (it was their CP stage too, Lylat). We got 5th out of 23 teams, beating Y.B.M. + Count but losing to Xisin + Champ and Kel + Infern.

Singles I sucked royally. The only person I beat was Lou, Ohio's best G&W. I lost to a bunch of MKs and Snakes, and a Wario.

Singles makes me want to quit, but doubles I owned face. So I dunno yet. Maybe I'll secondary Kirby.

Also, G&W is easy.

Miles.

Smash Champion
The shield pressure in melee is intimidating because of the imminent **** that would follow if you were to release the shield. Such fears don't exist in brawl, so your opponent is more likely to jump out of the shield and trade hits/out prioritize you. Although Mango is sexy.

So after the tourney I'm not sure if I'm dropping Jigglypuff. In doubles I ended up beating Ohio's best Snake and G&W in a 2v1 because my partner is dumb (it was their CP stage too, Lylat). We got 5th out of 23 teams, beating Y.B.M. + Count but losing to Xisin + Champ and Kel + Infern.

Singles I sucked royally. The only person I beat was Lou, Ohio's best G&W. I lost to a bunch of MKs and Snakes, and a Wario.

Singles makes me want to quit, but doubles I owned face. So I dunno yet. Maybe I'll secondary Kirby.

Also, G&W is easy.
id love vid vs gw.

hes such a pain in the ***.

jigs is high tier in teams. seriously.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I have one lone vid on the way. It's of me 3 stocking some bum who wanted a free win against me. He wasn't terrible as G&W, but clearly wasn't prepared for the pain.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
i pretty much stopped using her in tourney, unless its teams vs a non-mk, and my teammate will let me.
You are going to have a hard time dropping Jiggs with that falling speed.

Miles.

Smash Champion
So I was just curious who uses Jigz in tourney?

I am the only person I know of in Northern California that uses Jigglypuff in tournament.

And then I know of only Meow who uses Jigglypuff in tournament in Southern California, and I am not even sure of how active he is.

I wanted to know who uses Jigglypuff in tournament on a regular or semi regular basis, or at all.

The only legit Jigz I have every seen is Bowyer's.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Bowyer doesn't use Jigglypuff in tournaments. He only uses MK and Fox now.

I only use Jigglypuff in tourneys and have been doing ok at most Ohio events. I attended a decent amount of MW Circuit Events last circuit, where I actually played Bowyer, but he was kinda out of practice with jiggs.

Now I noticed that the only people you mentioned were the people whose videos were nominated in that massive video thread. I'd like to remind you that "Legit Jiggs Players" isn't exclusive to those players with matches recorded. I know for a fact that Thinkaman is at least on par, if not better than Bowyer was. Not to mention G-reg is naturally amazing at smash, so any character he touches turns to gold.

Also I am amazing (lolz)

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
So I was just curious who uses Jigz in tourney?

And then I know of only Meow who uses Jigglypuff in tournament in Southern California, and I am not even sure of how active he is.
Like I've said before...I'm pretty sure meow2king quit brawl.

And I would definetly use Jiggs in tourneys here at SoCal...if it wasn't for the fact I can't get rides to anywhere D: efhbkejrbfrjk
Frustrating.

Miles.

Smash Champion
Bowyer doesn't use Jigglypuff in tournaments. He only uses MK and Fox now.

I only use Jigglypuff in tourneys and have been doing ok at most Ohio events. I attended a decent amount of MW Circuit Events last circuit, where I actually played Bowyer, but he was kinda out of practice with jiggs.

Now I noticed that the only people you mentioned were the people whose videos were nominated in that massive video thread. I'd like to remind you that "Legit Jiggs Players" isn't exclusive to those players with matches recorded. I know for a fact that Thinkaman is at least on par, if not better than Bowyer was. Not to mention G-reg is naturally amazing at smash, so any character he touches turns to gold.

Also I am amazing (lolz)
omg I cant believe i forgot Thinkaman, he is clearly the best one I have seen.

I havent seen your vids frame, ill check them out.

and I watched all the youtube and allisbrawl and smashboards that i can find.

Miles.

Smash Champion
so played a few money matches teaming with dsf today, hella fun, hopefully i can get the vids up soon.

Thinkaman soo right, metaknight is much better for jiggs than ddd wario sankes....

edgegaurding a metaknight as jiggs is soo fun.

(>o_o)>

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'd like to see vids of that, sounds fun. DSF wrecked me over a year ago at Ann Arbor.

Cia

das kwl
so played a few money matches teaming with dsf today, hella fun, hopefully i can get the vids up soon.

Thinkaman soo right, metaknight is much better for jiggs than ddd wario sankes....

edgegaurding a metaknight as jiggs is soo fun.

(>o_o)>
WHOA. DDD snake and wario are her easiest high tier match ups.

vs DDD - 50:50 and with some more character development, i can see it shifting to her favor
vs Wario - 45:55 only because he can out live her, otherwise, i usually get more hits
vs Snake 40:60 - Snake one of my favorite characters to fight as puff. once you get him off the stage, he is completely useless. like.. really just back throw him. the only thing that makes him difficult is grenades, Utilt and OoS Bairs.

Also, G-reg. I'm gonna friend request you on youtube some time this week. I'm working on a jigglypuff combo video and before i upload it the public, i want to get a few opinions on it.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I'd like to see vids of that, sounds fun. DSF wrecked me over a year ago at Ann Arbor.

I have the repays saved on my wii, its just a matter of getting them uploaded.

my comp broke. waaahh
my jiggs vids would blow your mind
Blow me...I mean my mind.

vs DDD - 50:50 and with some more character development, i can see it shifting to her favor
vs Wario - 45:55 only because he can out live her, otherwise, i usually get more hits
vs Snake 40:60 - Snake one of my favorite characters to fight as puff. once you get him off the stage, he is completely useless. like.. really just back throw him. the only thing that makes him difficult is grenades, Utilt and OoS Bairs.

Also, G-reg. I'm gonna friend request you on youtube some time this week. I'm working on a jigglypuff combo video and before i upload it the public, i want to get a few opinions on it.
I really love you.
I want to see this vid.

Add me on youtube my name is DddontTrip

Cia

das kwl
cool, i've friended you guys on youtube. i'm only going to show it to 5 people for now. (the other two being Veril an Glick) it's in reallly really early stages right now. (I have about 3 minutes done) so i'll post a semi complete version on youtube by like.. monday.

get hyped ahh!!

illinialex24

Smash Hero

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord

hes right, meta is a horrible matchup for jiggz, and only an idiot would try to WOP metaknight

Top Bottom