• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Frame Data

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Oh yeah and I forgot one thing. Y'all owe me :laugh:
*gives a jumbo bag of cookies*

I hope you don't mind, I had one. They just looked so good.

Are you putting the D-tilt GIF.? You really should, just so we can all kill an hour watching it's lag frame by frame on a perfect sheild.

PND

Smash Champion
Haha, I told you all that ftilt was bad.

Everytime you can ftilt, grab instead. I've been saying it for as long as I've been here.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Updated for Front Smash. You can see how poorly Sakurai added the start animation to the move, you can see that she starts getting ready, goes back to neutral, and does it at the original speed. He really just added around 11 frames to the start.

Front Smash is very powerful but also punishable, its knockback shows how early it will kill but also how much time there is to punish it if shielded. Its very punishable if shielded.

rinoH

Smash Lord
f-smash:wow hits on frame 16 and has 13 for blockhitlag its not a move we should use alot especially to punish never knew it was that many frames of uselessness for fsmash

illinialex24

Smash Hero
f-smash:wow hits on frame 16 and has 13 for blockhitlag its not a move we should use alot especially to punish never knew it was that many frames of uselessness for fsmash
Yeah, but blockhitlag isn't necessarily bad. The blockstun is the issue. We want the blockstun to be high but it isn't. I'll calculate the frames to punish later.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Wow, this is going fast.

Ouch, f-smash lag. It's a very punishable move, but it's a fairly reliable kill move. Surprisingly, it's not that hard to land in the right situation.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I'm gonna get the epic images soon so I can do the hitbox pictures MrEh was asking for.
As soon as you get the images, I'll being the testing. (Which will probably be super tedious, but I don't mind. I like testing things. :p)

By the way, the Fsmash has a -40 frame advantage. That's bad. VERY BAD. Let me explain how punishable that is...

To put it simply, if Ike or Bowser shield your Fsmash, they can Fsmash you right back. And they don't even have to perfect shield it either, they have enough time to do it with a normal shield. ><

So yeah, beware.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
So have I lol. U-tilt is much better as well and has a fairly solid hitbox. I'm gonna get the epic images soon so I can do the hitbox pictures MrEh was asking for.
wait..... I said I was working on a hitbox thread. :confused:

When did he ask for hitbox data?

MrEh

Smash Hero
Usmash has a -39 frame advantage. The Dsmash has a -44.

So yeah, it's pretty bad. Don't miss. That's all I'm going to say.

Divine_Haze

Smash Journeyman
PND Here:
I killed a Martha tonight with Dsmash. It was hilarious, opposite side of Battlefield. I would have won, but I tripped into a tipper. ****.

HOW DOES JIGGS TRIP? SHE'S ALWAYS IN THE AIR!!

Arrrgh.

PND: Changing people's opinions on the puff. One playa at a time.

ALSO: Counterpick Yoshis island against Pit. That is all.

Veril

Frame Savant
Drop down, and Nair.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW PIT?!?!?!
Hahaha YES

I don't think Pit is a problem for Jiggs at all. Playing lots of Pit makes you really good at power shielding.

Also, I love the forward smash. Its a great move to use after a power shield.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Wow, I always saw this thread but never bothered checking it. Didn't think it' d be so detailed. Fantasic job Alex.
Thank you.

Oh and I tested the stuff. In kill ranges for most characters, Jigglypuff's U-tilt has a better ability to kill than U-smash. The cutoff percent for Mario is 125 on which kills better. And on most stages, U-tilt will kill before 125. However, it is a lot lot safer.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
It turns out U-tilt has more knockback than U-Smash until like 150% on Mario, which means its a better kill move.
Lol. It's Dacus only.

This is so immensley helpful, I can't even describe it. Once we can get to the aerials, we will be able to fully judge our ability to wop our opponents by challenging their aerials. Too good.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
i opened this thread and had to pick my eyes up off the floor
srsly awesome. i wonder if the creators of this game expected for such analysis to happen

Veril

Frame Savant
ah the spot dodge that I almost never use. Not hard to see how sh***y it is.

Its probably the single thing that makes it most difficult for me to play other characters well... spotdodge aversion.

Top Bottom