• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Frame Data

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I roll enough. Trust me. That's great news that it's a good idea to do though.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I did that once and I got Ike'd. Getting Ike'd hurts. I've never rolled when someones in the air again. partially because I've discovered if their in the air, I should be up there beating them up.

My jigglypuff has more steak than yours.

Edit: wait never mind they have the same amount, mine's just at a different angle.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
yeah, I did that once and I got Ike'd. Getting Ike'd hurts. I've never rolled when someones in the air again. partially because I've discovered if their in the air, I should be up there beating them up.

My jigglypuff has more steak than yours.

Edit: wait never mind they have the same amount, mine's just at a different angle.
That is some nice steak though. Very nice steak job

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Why thank you sir, I did it myself.

my other avatar I had my friend add steak to, but in my heart I knew only I could make my own steak.

Is the banned (6 points) thing a joke or is it real?

PND

Smash Champion
Roll away. You're pretty much invincible and it resets your spacing.

HOWEVER

Her roll may be great, but it still takes forever. Use it sparingly, rolls can be read and punished.

Veril

Frame Savant
999 isn't realistic. Seriously. The angle appears to be 90° at 999, but it really isn't. I've proven it mathematically. I'm still working on other equations but I'll post it soon.

Oh, pound. Its got a portion of the hitbox that causes a hit at around 35° (rough rough estimate).

OK, up-tilt angle...

OK, if the angle was truly 90°, the variance between rests KO° (a move that DOES hit at 90°) and up-tilt KO% would be consistent across the cast. This is simply not true.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
999 isn't realistic. Seriously. The angle appears to be 90° at 999, but it really isn't. I've proven it mathematically. I'm still working on other equations but I'll post it soon.

Oh, pound. Its got a portion of the hitbox that causes a hit at around 35° (rough rough estimate).

OK, f-tilt angle...

OK, if the angle was truly 90°, the variance between rests KO° (a move that DOES hit at 90°) and up-tilt KO% would be consistent across the cast. This is simply not true.
Its the Smash Lab standard. Its the closest to the true angle before gravity takes an effect. 999 damage is used for a reason.

Veril

Frame Savant
Its the Smash Lab standard. Its the closest to the true angle before gravity takes an effect. 999 damage is used for a reason.
Um, a 90° angle shouldn't be affected by gravity assuming the downward force runs perpendicular to the ground.

Actually, nevermind, while I am convinced of the angle being wrong, I saw a logical fallacy in my math argument... Gotta approach this from a different angle (pun ftw)

How does this character drift I see take place? even without DI, characters seem to have this slightly parabolic trajectory on supposedly 90° hits. Its extremely visible with up-tilt, very little (if any) with pound.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Before gravity takes effect? Gravity shouldn't affect a 90° angle unless gravity has a horizontal pull (lol does it in Smash, that would be whack).

The smash lab standard doesn't matter IF I'VE PROVEN THE ANGLE WRONG!
It is almost exactly 90 Degrees. it is slightly off depending on where you hit. Gravity takes an effect and makes the angle appear smaller or greater making it seem like 85 or 95 degrees. It is around like 89.5 or very close and so is essentially 90 degrees. I think it is actually closer.

Veril

Frame Savant
It is almost exactly 90 Degrees. it is slightly off depending on where you hit. Gravity takes an effect and makes the angle appear smaller or greater making it seem like 85 or 95 degrees. It is around like 89.5 or very close and so is essentially 90 degrees. I think it is actually closer.
The "almost" been a real thorn in my side in terms of getting KO% since the parabolic movement makes a simple formula using KO ratios fail.

Veril

Frame Savant
Yeah I know but its a lot a lot closer than U-smash, which has an 87.5 degree knockback and has a very true parabola.
lol due to a simple clerical error on my part I got a WAAAAY wrong result on the ratio for CF's rest-up-tilt. My equation works really well now. There's still a slight discrepancy but its close enough.

Enough up-tilt. My math works better now so I'm happy. Expect a LOT of KO% soon.

Pound though... that s*** is strange.

Stage KO modifiers are consistent across the cast. YAY!

illinialex24

Smash Hero
lol due to a simple clerical error on my part I got a WAAAAY wrong result on the ratio for CF's rest-up-tilt. My equation works really well now. There's still a slight discrepancy but its close enough.

Enough up-tilt. My math works better now so I'm happy. Expect a LOT of KO% soon.

Pound though... that s*** is strange.
It is very weird. Its got one of the most messed up hitboxes.

Veril

Frame Savant
jab canceling isn't useless.

Also, after looking at combos for a while, I'm almost certain that up-tilt has a sweetspot. We've already discussed how pound can have a radically different knockback angle.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
jab canceling isn't useless.

Also, after looking at combos for a while, I'm almost certain that up-tilt has a sweetspot. We've already discussed how pound can have a radically different knockback angle.
No, it doesn't. It just has the same knockback from the other side from what I remember. It has the same damage and knockback I believe, just from the same angle on the opposite side, which is almost, almost, almost 90.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Congrats on the update, Alex. I'm not sure many people appreciate this. o:
Good work, this alone deserves Researcher status.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yes, you do. :mad:
Any news on that yet?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Fair is complete, so are specials.

So far we have:
All Jabs
All Tilts
All Smashes
All Specials
Jump
and 1/5 Aerials

I still need to do:
4/5 Aerials
All her throws
Her 2 stage get-up attacks
Her two lying down attacks.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Any information on taunts? That's just going the extra mile.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I just learned that sex kicks and sweetspots have very different hitlag's so I am going to get data to deal with that. Assume right now everything is a sweetspot, except for U-smash, which is a sourspot.

EDIT: So does the Block Hitlag data and all that. I'm going to make sure all that is correct for both sweetspotted and sourspotted moves.

Veril

Frame Savant
I just learned that sex kicks and sweetspots have very different hitlag's so I am going to get data to deal with that. Assume right now everything is a sweetspot, except for U-smash, which is a sourspot.

EDIT: So does the Block Hitlag data and all that. I'm going to make sure all that is correct for both sweetspotted and sourspotted moves.
Good work as always.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Keep up the great work, Alex.
This is incredible stuff.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
First off, if I never mentioned it, this is imo the best frame data collection there is.

Second, I'm going to be a complete jerk and suggest a list of future priorities while contributing nothing meaningful myself:

1. Uair (obviously)
2. All 3 Grabs
3. Ledge Attacks
4. General Landing Lag
5. Unimportant things like throws, get-up-options, w/e

Also, was there any confirmation that the front and back rolls are the same frame-wise? I seem to recall some characters have disparities.

Veril

Frame Savant
the exact points for autocanceling would be pretty sweet.

if d-air has no knockback then it may be a true interrupt for Jiggs. I don't have my wii today so if anyone feels like testing that. I already know you can rest someone immediately after they use a d-air or anytime it lands for lag.

jiggs dittos may just have gotten a lot more rest.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm gonna do it like that Thinkaman, but I'm kinda semi-grounded right now. So I am going to get all the pictures up and make a list so you guys can see all this.

Oh and if you guys want to know why drill resting doesn't work?????

Sakurai decided that all her aerials would have 15 frames interrupted landing lag. However, he gave dair enough time so you can't just SH do it and then be fine and gave it 30 frames landing lag. Which is why it can be perfect shielded or Dolphin slashed through, countered, or even rested. Or it could be the reduced hitstun. I'm not exactly sure but all screw us over.

PND

Smash Champion
Sakurai must have been throwing darts at a picture of Jiggs when he was designing Brawl. Everything in Brawl seems designed to screw Jiggs over. Hitstun? Axed. Oh wait, now let's give everyone multiple airdodges and vastly improve their recovery. On top of that, let's nerf Rising pound a bit. Oh, Jiggs is too light. Let's half to quarter her weight. Also, she's way too mobile in the air. Let's slow her down and take away her mobility, let's give that **** to WARIO! THAT MAKES SENSE! Her Fsmash is too good, let's give it to Kirby and add 11 pointless frames to it. Drill rest? Not in my smash game. Let's **** over dair. Oh, and for the rest portion? I KNOW! LET'S MAKE REST SUCK, BUT NOW IT PUTS A FLOWER ON THEIR HEAD!

BUT THAT'S OKAY, CUZ ITEMS WILL BE ON, RIGHT? LET'S GIVE ITEMS MORE SHIELD DAMAGE TO KILL HER EARLIER AND GIVE HER THE WORST ITEM TOSS IN BRAWL!

NOW Jiggs is fair and balanced.

. . . . **** you Sakurai. At least she has a good FS, although like THAT matters competitively.

[/rant]

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Sakurai must have been throwing darts at a picture of Jiggs when he was designing Brawl. Everything in Brawl seems designed to screw Jiggs over. Hitstun? Axed. Oh wait, now let's give everyone multiple airdodges and vastly improve their recovery. On top of that, let's nerf Rising pound a bit. Oh, Jiggs is too light. Let's half to quarter her weight. Also, she's way too mobile in the air. Let's slow her down and take away her mobility, let's give that **** to WARIO! THAT MAKES SENSE! Her Fsmash is too good, let's give it to Kirby and add 11 pointless frames to it. Drill rest? Not in my smash game. Let's **** over dair. Oh, and for the rest portion? I KNOW! LET'S MAKE REST SUCK, BUT NOW IT PUTS A FLOWER ON THEIR HEAD!

BUT THAT'S OKAY, CUZ ITEMS WILL BE ON, RIGHT? LET'S GIVE ITEMS MORE SHIELD DAMAGE TO KILL HER EARLIER AND GIVE HER THE WORST ITEM TOSS IN BRAWL!

NOW Jiggs is fair and balanced.

. . . . **** you Sakurai. At least she has a good FS, although like THAT matters competitively.

[/rant]
It's okay...it's okay. :(

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Dude... I feel like sending that exact quote into Nintendo...
That was beautiful. :(

Top Bottom