• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Djent

Smash Champion
This is the first big singles event that Wario has won in forever, no? (Maybe I'm forgetting a European event...)

It's just impossible to predict results for this game anymore. Too many good players approaching the apex of what their characters can do.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
hey guys I noticed a pattern: zss mains all over the world have trouble with low tiers!
salem loses to ness, v115 loses to l00cas and mario, and choco loses to captain falcon!! what is the explanation!?!

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
hey guys I noticed a pattern: zss mains all over the world have trouble with low tiers!
salem loses to ness, v115 loses to l00cas and mario, and choco loses to captain falcon!! what is the explanation!?!
Salem used Snake vs Shaky and ness is not a low tier or close to low tier imo.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
yes I said "zss mains" even though he didn't use zss in that one case. ness is definitely a very bad character...but I was joking...
I agree that Ness is bad, however his tournament wins (not results) are significantly better than some mid tier character's. Ness won Whobo 4 mid tier singles and I think that's his best tournament result.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
I don't know Daiki actually all went Falcon. At least I saw him using Falcon vs Abadango on the stream.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
It actually seems possible.
Other than MK and Olimar, none of the other repped chars are unbeatable for Falcon(Especially Wario, who he's almost even with)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I mean, I don't know a whole lot about ZSS vs Falcon but I have a feeling that ZSS generally has a hard time against characters with high ground mobility. Fox, Sonic and Sheik are all difficult matchups for her and I wouldn't be surprised if her matchup against Falcon was only somewhere between +1 and +2 for her, making it a manageable matchup for Falcon. So it's definitely possible that daiki went all Falcon and some bracket luck helped him a bit. Not that it lessens that incredible achievement but at least that'd explain it.

:059:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
It actually seems possible.
Other than MK and Olimar, none of the other repped chars are unbeatable for Falcon(Especially Wario, who he's almost even with)
ICs are more difficult than MK and Olimar

We can gimp Olimar, and we have Grab Release Shenanigans on MK, but ICs just **** on us completely.

Even if we manage to gimp Nana (which is extremely difficult to do without getting grabbed because Falcon isn't exactly safe lol) Sopo still probably wins the MU lmao

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
What are you guys even talking about. ICs aren't harder than MK.

Also waiting for Daiki vids, I'm deeply in need of Japanese Falcon footage.

Tesh

Smash Hero
ZSS and Wario are the most doable matchups for Falcon in high tier so I could believe it.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Actually I have Daiki's blog that tells all of the people he fought and with which character, but its all in Japanese. He didn't go all falcon the entire time but from what I can read he beat Abadango with Falcon, Choco both times with MK, and a Snake main named Chris with DDD/Falco. He lost to Otori 2-0 with his Fox, and lost to Misaka 2-0 with his Shiek.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
SumabatoX24 has been announced to take place on the 23rd. Videos and the bracket of SumabatoX23 are still not available yet however.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I asked Ayuha if Japan was surprised by Kie beating Otori and this was his response.

Not too much.
The top 3 this time was all teenagers. Probably the next generation, who are practicing together, are becoming the leaders of the new age.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think Hazureimu, Sakasaka and Maguro also are part of that kiddie-bunch, no?

I asked Ayuha if Japan was surprised by Kie beating Otori and this was his response.

Not too much.

That sounds a bit like the stereotypical japanese understatement though x.x

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
SumabatoX 11/23
9B Kie Choco Edge Shogun Earth Gomamugitya

Piosuma 11/23
Rain Kamemushi Kuroobi Nyanko Brood Umeki Luminous Shu Kairo Tige Jil

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
This thread deaddddd

Does SLS play still?
And is YouTube the only place to find footage?
Best Falco

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
SLS might go to SumabatoX. He still plays but just doesn't attend everything.

westsmash, kamessbb, and numaburamovie are the only channels on Youtube I know that upload matches still.

Top Bottom