• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Shu won't win if he keeps going Falco lol. He couldn't even get out of pools. Also Rain is still really good. There really is no clear winner upsets happen all the time

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Can't wait to find out what japanese CF says (and how he sounds) when he uses Falcon Punch

FARUKOOOOOOOON PAAAAAHNCHUUUUUUU
I know this is late, but to answer your thought C. Falcon doesn't have a Japanese voice. It is still english. Just like link's. It's too bad though :(

I'm hoping Daiki comes to America. I want to Falcon ditto his a$$!

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Ayuha said Rain vs Luminous and Kie vs Otori will not be uploaded to youtube because the video staff made a mistake :(

NH Cody

Smash Champion
keep in mind that while the japanese meta knights may lose to rob, peach, wario, etc, at locals...at nationals they beat ocean, zinoto, seibrik, etc without difficulty

I will just leave you to think about this

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea quest we get it, sometimes top level players derp too. That doesn't mean it wasn't exciting when I saw SlayerZ beat DEHF or Espy beat Tyrant or Bio beat Razer.

I'd trade a dozen sets of Rain vs Otori for Kie vs either of them once.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Peach is one of those really technical bad characters though. She is like MK, except far less effective at what she does. Its not as mindless as toon link or sonic imo.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
well...as meta knight, you can indeed be somewhat mindless when fighting toon link and sonic....but to use sonic and toon link, you definitely can't be mindless

Tesh

Smash Hero
Their strategies are very low tech and mindless, application is difficult because they are both weak and vulnerable, but its not complex or quick like Peach and MK.

In any case, you can't tell me the idea of Otori (apex champion otori) getting 2-0d by a Peach (in her hardest matchup) isn't at least somewhat interesting. It makes you wonder....how?

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
And he doesn't play anymore really lol @Peace

A lot of the older top Japanese players are retiring. I even read something about Rain considering quitting soon too. Fortunately there are a bunch of new younger players who are all really good.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Some of these people have been in the scene for very long. It's no surprise that with smash 4 coming out soon a couple of people leave.

:059:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
you'd figure that smash 4 would be a reason for people to stay, and practice their smash skills for the next game...

some people see it as a good time to stop with smash, Some people don't want to buy a wiiU for diffrent reasons others feel like they shouldn't start with an new game because of rl stuff etc etc.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
They used to have streams for sumabato. But the person who organized and hosted the stream - Fate - seems to no longer attend these tourneys and I don't know if anybody is streaming them anymore. Piosuma will definitely be streamed on Rain's channel though.

As far as entrants are concered, sumabato has 50 now, including 9B, Kie, Komorikiri, Earth, Shogun, Aki, Choco and Edge.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's the same stream stridez posted earlier.

Nice to see the Sumabato bracket though.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Who is Edge, who did 9B lose to, does anyone know if he practices or tries as hard as before, why isn't Kakera attending anymore, is Rain quitting, who's motivated for apex, what's up with Masha did he quit forever, how did Otori do in his last tournament, Nietono? wasnt he playing MK, Mikeneko going hard or slowly quitting?

Gheb_01 or anyone pls help lol

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Who is Edge, who did 9B lose to, does anyone know if he practices or tries as hard as before, why isn't Kakera attending anymore, is Rain quitting, who's motivated for apex, what's up with Masha did he quit forever, how did Otori do in his last tournament, Nietono? wasnt he playing MK, Mikeneko going hard or slowly quitting?

Gheb_01 or anyone pls help lol

Egde is an MK player who has been doing pretty well for about a year now.
9B didn't lose to anybody yet. I don't know anything about his practicing.
Kakera attends from time to time.
Rain will not host any more tournaments - this will be the final piosuma - but I haven't heard about him quitting.
3 Japanese players are confirmed for Apex right now, Shogun being the most notable.
Masha quit.
Otori got 4th at the last piosuma IIRC, Nietono 5th? I don't remember right now. He's using MK mainly but sometimes Olimar.
Mikeneko just doesn't attend too much at the moment but he still plays.

Top Bottom