• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
All new videos have been updated in the OP now. Next Sumabato is on the 5th May.

:059:

Mike2

Smash Ace
KUraudo, if you house with a Japanese player, ask him if he will let you play some wifi. That way we can see if the myth is true or not lol

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Excellent! I will check these out as soon as I have my Wii back this afternoon. Speaking of Sumabato tourneys: the next one is sceduled to be held in two weeks time and so far it seems to be a "regular" Sumabato without any noteable attendance from the east, except Brood. Other than that it's 9B, Akira, Nagahari, Cross, Earth and Kie that are worth mentioning. Though I hope to see Masashi, Souther, Selcia and SLS all attending as well.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If you're willing to do that you I will try to contact you to help you out.

Edit: It seems that only Finals and Semifinals of the heavyweight competitions are among the files. The rest is lightweight :(

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Like I said, all heavyweight vids have been uploaded and the other vid are from lightweight competition and not really that good, except Yukke vs Dio. If you really want do that to yourself just to get one decent set uploaded then I won't stop you.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
The Japanese are so much more entertaining to watch than any other country :I

And they actually use skill to win instead of CPing up da butt I:

Japan da bess :pichu:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

I dunno man. France is very entertaining. Subcribe to the youtube channel Smashtournoi if you haven't already.

clowsui

Smash Legend

I'm appalled by the number of scrubs that exist within this community still

when will people learn that skill and counterpicking aren't mutually exclusive

why the **** do people praise ally for knowing multiple characters when the actual competitive advantage of it is his ability to counterpick

it's like living on a coast and being a mid-level player makes you braindead or something, jesus

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
I'm appalled by the number of scrubs that exist within this community still

when will people learn that skill and counterpicking aren't mutually exclusive

why the **** do people praise ally for knowing multiple characters when the actual competitive advantage of it is his ability to counterpick

it's like living on a coast and being a mid-level player makes you braindead or something, jesus
When you stop playing for money.

PZ

Smash Lord
Agreed, the french channel is really cool :]
Example Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6acCtcWwGuE
Good Textures, good Music, good Quality :)
The only thing I dislike that they play like 95% on SV and BF to a lesser extend XD
Them stages good man they good! Also they are straight on fighters so going to a stage without transformations or any type of interruptions is perfect for most of their matches.

Kimidori

Smash Apprentice
When you stop playing for money.
C'est vrai. I think that playing for money sometimes obscures our thoughts out of the skill factor. Notice most of Japan's players are top, and also much faster than US players (Besides Nairo XD). I'm surprised at how slow some of our American players have been the last few years.

But whatever, this isn't some argument thread.

I hope 9B continues to place 1st consistantly in Japan.

I also hope Kakera and Selcia have more matches in the future.
<3 Japan :hamtaro:

clowsui

Smash Legend
Did everybody misunderstand what I was saying? lol. Being able to counterpick is a skill that should be rewarded. I am absolutely boggled by how a majority of this community thinks that it is not skillful to learn a character or to learn a stage in order to combat the advantages of a certain character.

Kel

Smash Master
Ruuku, I used to play with a GAW player named Tarai. I dunno about the others, but He may be a place to start. I don't know if he still plays though

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The most recent documents of Tarai playing are from like 2009. If you wanna watch GW you should check out Rakyawo and Kein. Don't expect them to win with that character though.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Ruuku, I used to play with a GAW player named Tarai. I dunno about the others, but He may be a place to start. I don't know if he still plays though
I remember seeing that player before. Thanks.

The most recent documents of Tarai playing are from like 2009. If you wanna watch GW you should check out Rakyawo and Kein. Don't expect them to win with that character though.

This is Super Smash Brother Brawl we're talking about. I'm not expecting people to win with the majority of character outside of teams. Thanks you for the info!

Kel

Smash Master
You lived in Japan temporarily right Kel? How did you place over there?
All of their tournaments were invite only, so I had to build up a little bit of a reputation before they were going to let me in. The week there was a tournament I was invited to attend for Nagoya was the week I had to return to America. It sucked.

I played tons of friendlies with as many people as possible and learned how to play some match ups from people that you guys may not even heard of. I also played with a group of Kansai people (the area where 9B and Masashi live near Kyoto and Oosaka), and a guy from the Southern Islands, but that's all the out of region practice I got while I was there. I did not meet Rain or Nietono until Apex, and I've yet to meet bombsoldier or Masashi. There were some videos of me playing 9B, but he still mained D3 back then. He called me cheap for using the tornado too much and all of Nagoya backed me up saying "USA combo is not cheap!" I also have videos of me playing Shu's snake.

This is all somewhat my opinion, but USA has always lacked in the Olimar and Snake department. We have Ally and Razer, but other than that our Snakes don't come up with tricks and traps that are as clever as Japan. As far as Olimar is concerned, you all understand what I mean by this now. Gonta (the smashfest host and local Olimar) was only ranked 5th or something on the Olimar list in Japan and I probably only won 20% of my matches vs him; despite being able to beat 9B when he came up to Nagoya. Most of the Japanese Snakes are like Razer; super smart, always thinking, very precise, always coming up with new and inventive metagame tricks to kill you early. I learned all of my Snake MU basics from playing with Kuroann a ton, she was easily the 2nd best Snake I had played at the time (I had played Ally in tournament a week before heading to Japan) and she didn't like me recording her stuff, so I couldn't put it online. Regardless, she had a Razer-like Snake more than Ally.

My old youtube kelinjapan is still up, but the matches are suuuuuuuper outdated. If anything, the videos may be a good way to get a feel as to how Japanese smashfests went. I still talk to some of the guys on Facebook, but facebook isn't very popular in Japan (they use a social network called mixi) so I haven't kept up with most of them. I'd love to go to SRT, but I'm no where near good enough to travel 7,000 miles to compete.

I guess the real answer to your question is that I faired well while in Japan EXCEPT against Olimars, which ****ed me up on a regular basis. I got invited to a tournament, but I sadly had to return shortly before the tournament. If you have any questions regarding Japanese playstyle, I'm happy to answer. If you want more opinion or wall of text answers, it may be best to message me or something, but I'm happy to help bride the gab between countries whenever possible.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
American Snakes are on par or better now than Japan Snakes imo. Shu just isn't that good anymore and Kuroobi has yet to convince me despite his recent success. Souther is coming back but it's still up in the air how he'd do against players from the east.

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
Win a game (best of 1) = Get a point and Lose a game = Lose a point
Get 3 points = Get a higher Dan (Level)

Top Bottom