• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co358875
SumabatoX "Dan I Sen" - May 5
I can't explain the rules of Dan I Sen in English :( Participants play to get the higher Dan meaning rank or level.
Win a game (best of 1) = Get a point and Lose a game = Lose a point
Get 3 points = Get a higher Dan (Level)
I think I know of this, since 3rd Strike has a similar system going for it.

You're character locked for the duration of the session and each of your characters is separately ranked (meaning you can be a 2-dan with your Pikachu and an 8-dan with your Snake, or something). A central rank is selected for the session and all players of that rank or one off from that rank are eligible (so if playing at 3-dan level, then 2, 3, and 4-dan may participate). The exception to this is 10-dan, which is exclusively played among 10-dans.

You either gain or lose a point, as stated, from the game you play, and games are played in rotation with winner staying. If you reach +3 points, your rank goes up by 1, and if you reach -3 points, your rank goes down by 1.

If you reach +3 points at 10-dan, you (with your character) becomes a Grandmaster of sorts, and there can be competitions for that too, but I think it's impossible to lose that rank once you reach it.

As far as I could tell a session would end once someone is promoted or demoted out of the rotation, but I'm not entirely sure what actually determines the end.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OP has gotten a major update! From now on all upcoming livestreams will be mentioned in the OP so you're sure to not miss anything going on in Japan anymore!

New westsmash vids have been added too ofc

:059:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
OP has gotten a major update! From now on all upcoming livestreams will be mentioned in the OP so you're sure to not miss anything going on in Japan anymore!

New westsmash vids have been added too ofc

Nice, definatley want to see more of Japanese players.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Sheik is a somewhat balanced character, besides the fact she can't kill exceptionally well, but she makes up for it in how fast she can rack up damage. However, she's just not as good as the characters that are exceptional in all aspects, that does not make her bad, Jiggly is bad.

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
Karisuma Results
http://ja.twitch.tv/filip1122/b/317914336

Singles
1: Brood (Olimar)
2: Nagahari (DD)
3: Kie (Peach)
4: Earth (Pit)
6: Kuroobi (Snake)
6: Akira (MK)
8: E29 (Marth)
8: Pitch (Lucas & ICs)

Doubles
1: Masha (Wario) & Brood (Olimar)
2: Kuroobi (Snake) & SIN (MK)
4: Nagahari (DD)& Dio (Snake)
4: Smasher (Toon link)& Kuroan (Snake)

if Masha had been in singles too, he would get 1st...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic is low tier in Japan and I haven't seen a match with him using Sonic against good characters in months.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
All the best players go to the dark side to hide their fraudulence. :smirk:

DMS

Smash Rookie
Japanese players play so differently. (Old news)
Neitono isn't as exciting to watch, but he definitely is playing to win. Those Pit's and DDKs are just all over the place.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sign-ups for the next Sumabato have opened - 9B, Akira, Kuroobi, Kakera and Masashi are the top-players that have signed up so far. Ganbaranai will be there too but it seems like he won't enter. We'll see.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
why wouldn't he enter? Tournaments are free to enter aren't they? If he's traveling to the tournament it seems kinda odd for him to not enter then.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yeah I don't understand the some of the motivation of the players over there. Never seems to have one big tourney where they all enter. I heard a good amount of players won't be at SRT, wtf.....

Tesh

Smash Hero
Maybe he doesn't feel like playing. People do that over here sometimes too, even with the high cost of attending and enterring.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
It is a lot more rare in America than in Japan. Worst I've seen is Anti not enter some Nationals and TKD not travel. But SLS, Ganbaranai, Selcia, El, and 9B not going to SRT?? Makes me wonder if there will every be a tourney where all the top players from Japan will attend before Smash 4 comes out lol.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Karisuma Results
http://ja.twitch.tv/filip1122/b/317914336

Singles
1: Brood (Olimar)
2: Nagahari (DD)
3: Kie (Peach)
4: Earth (Pit)
6: Kuroobi (Snake)
6: Akira (MK)
8: E29 (Marth)
8: Pitch (Lucas & ICs)

Doubles
1: Masha (Wario) & Brood (Olimar)
2: Kuroobi (Snake) & SIN (MK)
4: Nagahari (DD)& Dio (Snake)
4: Smasher (Toon link)& Kuroan (Snake)

if Masha had been in singles too, he would get 1st...
WOW Kie! Peach <3

Top Bottom