• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
Singles (single elimination)
1:Hayase #Pikachu, MK
2:9B #ICs
4:Earth #Pit
4:Suinoko #DD

Hayase(Ganbaranai) is a 9B Killer!
9B "NOOOO!!!HELPMEEEE!!!AAAAHHHH!!!SOOORRRRYYYY!!!!!" in GF

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Wow wow wow. Vinnie and I are freaking out about this.

Was this tournament single elimination?

Keitaro

Thanks so much for the info.

Japan so freaking strong....Ganbaranai hasn't entered anything in quite a long time and now he comes and beats one of Japan's top 2 players.

Maybe Filip was right all along about Gan....

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Wow... USA's trump card is officially gone...

Just wen u think we know Japans best they have sometime even better...

WTF IS GOING ON!?!

:sonic:

:phone:

PZ

Smash Lord
Singles (single elimination)
1:Hayase #Pikachu, MK
2:9B #ICs
4:Earth #Pit
4:Suinoko #DD

Hayase(Ganbaranai) is a 9B Killer!
9B "NOOOO!!!HELPMEEEE!!!AAAAHHHH!!!SOOORRRRYYYY!!!!!" in GF
DD as in D3? IF so I am questioning the true competition of the tournament but I guess beating 9B is a shocker:O

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I really wish I was able to go to Japan in my prime around 2010. Rain was going to pay my ticket to a big japan tourney a bit after MLG and it got cancelled cuz of the tsunami, and he won't pay it now because of me doing bad at apex. I wanna fight these players but not as a washed up player

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I really wish I was able to go to Japan in my prime around 2010. Rain was going to pay my ticket to a big japan tourney a bit after MLG and it got cancelled cuz of the tsunami, and he won't pay it now because of me doing bad at apex. I wanna fight these players but not as a washed up player
Perhaps you need some kind of motivational boost to drive you to be as good as you were in your prime, whatever that motivation may be.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
my motivation was the 12,500 dollars i coulda won if i didn't get banned at dallas. I was way better back then but that ban made me emo for a long time (a lot was also related to the girlfriend i got right afterwords [coincidentally] but then she cheated on me 5 times and then i just felt like i didn't wanna live and i pretty much did nothing for the past year and a half except be a depressed fool. I think ive gotten worse after gen2 cuz of all the metaknight ban talk/no tournaments and now there's like hardly any reason to be good compared to in 2010 it feels like (for me anyway esp cuz no one even cares and to me it makes it hard for me to care as much too). that's just me tho idk

ironically im an even bigger fool cuz, the 4th mlg, i actually decided to not use my rly good purple controller that won me the first 3 mlgs, and i went and used different controllers (cuz i was being OCD and paranoid about it breaking) so i could save my best controller for mlg dallas but then that backfired really badly. (adhd still never gave me anything from that even tho ive asked him on like 10 occasions since that time).

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Seems like you've had to go down a rough road, to put it lightly. I feel for you about the girlfriend thing, so that will definitely put anyone in a funk. That said, you can't let a ban from MLG Dallas get you too down, since tourneys always come and go, and I'm sure there will be another one with a payout equal to or better than MLG Dallas down the road. Also, don't let MK's ban slow you down. You can always pick up a secondary (even if you feel you shouldn't have to) and try dominating that way. I hear you had a beast Dedede. Or, if it is bothering you THAT much, you can always just wait until Smash 4 and start over with a more-or-less clean slate, couldn't you?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This is the Japanese Match Video Archive, not the "Let's talk about M2K's personal problems"-thread >_<

:059:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
This is the Japanese Match Video Archive, not the "Let's talk about M2K's personal problems"-thread >_<

:059:
True enough. I suppose he could've just blogged this.

That said, forgive me for being out of the loop here, but has any Japanese tournaments ever been streamed online at all, or is it just American tournaments, like Apex, etc.?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
yeah but dude I'm already 23 yrs old now. Before smash 4 comes out i would probably have to get a job and i still have 3-4 more years before my bachelors and i also dont know what i want to do in life AT ALL. Like not a clue (was doing comp sci cuz i thought it was the obvious thing because i like computers but i am not enjoying anything i do even though i have only As and Bs). I do not know how great smash 4 as an option is to me for that reason (mostly age). It's not so easy as just get motivation due to my age and bad position in life right now.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
yeah but dude I'm already 23 yrs old now. Before smash 4 comes out i would probably have to get a job and i still have 3-4 more years before my bachelors and i also dont know what i want to do in life AT ALL. Like not a clue (was doing comp sci cuz i thought it was the obvious thing because i like computers but i am not enjoying anything i do even though i have only As and Bs). I do not know how great smash 4 as an option is to me for that reason (mostly age). It's not so easy as just get motivation due to my age and bad position in life right now.
I feel for you, believe me. I get it. Still, you might want to create a blog about this stuff before you start to upset the mods.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'll keep an eye out when I can. I've seen American tourney streams, but never heard of any Japanese tourneys ever being streamed. Maybe there should be a sort of "Japan tourney awareness" or something? I've always wanted to see an overseas tournament.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Check this thread every Friday morning, lunch and afternoon. Some1 will post a link to it. The Japanease Tourneys run 2 about 4-6am FL-NY time.

:sonic:

:phone:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Check this thread every Friday morning, lunch and afternoon. Some1 will post a link to it. The Japanease Tourneys run 2 about 4-6am FL-NY time.
I'm usually in bed by then. Unless I can break night, which I have done before. Still, if it means I can catch an actual Japanese tournament, then I can do it if it's on a Friday. Thanks.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I'm usually in bed by then. Unless I can break night, which I have done before. Still, if it means I can catch an actual Japanese tournament, then I can do it if it's on a Friday. Thanks.
The tournament will be on Saturday though, not on Friday ^^

Keitaro

Like the past weekend, sometimes the livestream is put up early but the good matches won't be until around 2:00 am EST.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Probably goes without saying, but you might want to post the links when the tournament starts, or at least about an hour before it starts, in case people forget where to go to find the streams.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Well yeah, lets just bump it once per Week or something haha ^^
Or Gheb makes a small reference @ Title & OP or something.

Top Bottom